National Tracking Poll Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:43:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  National Tracking Poll Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: National Tracking Poll Thread  (Read 309314 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: April 16, 2012, 12:59:09 PM »
« edited: April 16, 2012, 01:03:37 PM by Nathan »

Gallup still hasn't released tracking poll numbers, over an hour after they said they'd be available, that I can see. Or, there are numbers in that area on the site, but they appear to be from late March.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:13:17 PM »

The GOP made gains across the board in 2010.  Regardless, Obama is currently campaigning on a very popular issue.  I don't think what you are saying will be much of a factor.

You keep thinking that to be true, but people don't actually vote that way when higher taxes are threatening. See tax initiative 1098.

Oh, so if Obama stops campaigning on an issue that 60% of Americans agree with him on, that will help him win in the general?  Nice try.

Uh huh. That's why of course outrageous tax policies fail even in King County.

I'm sure a tax policy that was outrageous would.

Out of curiosity, under what circumstances, if any, would you actually accept a marginal tax increase on the highest bracket or couple of brackets?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:15:16 PM »

Romney's pretty clearly recovered or been granted a bump at least somewhat, which wasn't something I necessarily thought wouldn't be the case even though I was holding out hope that it wouldn't be and am still heartened by how small it seems to have been relatively speaking, but the actual polls are all over the place and averaged out slightly favor Obama, which is about what I might have expected at this stage.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »

PPP certainly is, anyway.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 03:23:25 PM »

Well, Rasmussen's final tracking poll from last time was Obama 52/McCain 46, so excuse me if I don't completely discount them.

They were terrible in 2010 and their crosstabs are questionable, but they were good last Presidential election, yes.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 02:42:55 PM »

Did anyone expect the disappointed voters for Santorum, Gingrich, or Perry to break toward President Obama? Republicans who might have heard their preachers rail against Mormonism as a horrible heresy now are getting accustomed to the prospect of a Mormon as President.

The 9% difference on economic stewardship is shaky. The Republicans would like us to forget Dubya -- but Romney has nothing to offer except the Bush II agenda without a real-estate boom. It's all tax cuts, gutting of unions, and regulatory relief on behalf of a few plutocrats.  

Don't forget that Mitt Romney is an empty suit on foreign policy. If he tries to run to the Right of President Obama on foreign policy he is easily cast as an extremist.  
Right, Romney is an empty suit and Obama is...  O wait, you shouldn't attack a guy for being better than the other guy.    

He called Romney an empty suit on foreign policy. I don't think anybody would accuse Romney of being an empty suit on other issues. On economic issues an ugly suit, perhaps. On social issues a technicolor dreamcoat that's unnervingly mutable at times, certainly. But not an empty suit.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 04:55:32 PM »

The RAND American Life Panel - 17/09

Obama 48.25
Romney 44.87

So even the Objectivists have Obama ahead? Tongue

The RAND Corporation began life as an Air Force think tank during the Cold War. It stands for 'Research and Development'.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 03:21:55 PM »

Interesting if true.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 01:57:09 PM »

Obama needs to drink a Red Bull and get a little more serious about preparation before the next debate and he should be alright.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 08:59:03 AM »

The RCP average has, pending Gallup, reverted to a tie.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 02:25:14 PM »

Gallup is bipolar, let's just admit it. Or they reflect an America that is bipolar.

"53% of voters approve of the Job the current president is doing, but almost as many want the other guy in office instead." People say Americans are self hating masochists, and perhaps we are.

53 % of adults...

It's still a little absurd. Obama's aggregate disapproval on RCP is lower than it's been since April and as low as it's been since January, and his approval is only a few tenths of a per cent below 50, where it was for only two days during the high tide in September.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 10:41:58 PM »

How much is the Romney campaign missing the Gallup poll right now?

I doubt they worry too much about all the public polls too much.  They have better ones.

Oh my God you seriously just said that.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 08:58:50 PM »

What's a matter no one is happy about the ABC/WA PO post Today, Romney went up 1.  So did Obama's bumpy fade?

That's one poll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies