Should public nudity and public sex be legal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:08:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should public nudity and public sex be legal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Regarding public nudity and public sex, I think:
Only public nudity should be legal

Only public sex should be legal

Both shoud be legal

Neither should be legal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 146

Author Topic: Should public nudity and public sex be legal?  (Read 25178 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 16, 2011, 08:45:24 PM »

Female toplessness should definitely be legal. Full nudity should be legal in most areas, except where there's clearly a hazard. I don't think simply most people not liking to see it should trump the right of people to do it. There are plenty of things that are frowned upon that few would want to make illegal.

To add onto what others have said about nudity not inherently being sexual, this is true and even though it is certainly interpreted that way, that's not inherently harmful to society. Also, as far as female toplessness is concerned, it is accepted (and often considered fashionable) for women to expose cleavage (which may be sexually arousing to some), but we rigidly keep the nipple off-limits.

It's very sad that our society is more repulsed by sexuality than violence, racism, smoking, hate, harrassment, and other harmful and hurtful ideas and actions. Keep in mind that societies that are the most oppressive of sexuality tend to have lower status for women, and other human rights violations.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 07:34:16 PM »

I have no problem with either public nudity, toplessness, or breastfeeding and would certainly advocate on behalf of them.  That said, these are issues we can leave for more prosperous times than now.  I would rather focus my energies on more pressing issues, like reviving the economy...  

Agree to an extent, though the sad reality is that the reason we have such strong taboos/laws on nudity is that the right-wing cares and acts so much against anything sex related that they disagree with, while the left lets it be.

Some people fail to take proper care of their own hygene.  It is gross enough when someone hasn't showered and you have to sit next to them.  Now imagine someone who hasn't properly cleaned their bottom.

I suppose exceptions could be made for sanitary reasons without being Victorian. At least that would allow topless women, as well as private property that can be seen from a public place.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 04:10:48 PM »

[b]Liberty trumps want and comfort.[/b] The law should not be constructed to appease the people on a "moral" front, for that would be an affront to secularism. On this principle, I will never yield.

Lol. Shall our governments also function entirely independent of culture, or, y'know, popular will?

Plenty of cultural norms are not enforced by law.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 08:09:41 PM »

The fact that anybody here thinks this is a good idea shows how much intellectual rot liberalism causes.

Maybe in terms of public sex, but why should liberalism not apply to public nudity? It's not inherently harmful, and plenty of social norms are not enforced by law, why should public nudity be singled out?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies