Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 12:10:56 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  History (Moderator: True Federalist)
| | |-+  Would Obama have been more liberal without Rahm?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Would Obama have been more liberal without Rahm?  (Read 375 times)
Paul Kemp
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« on: February 18, 2013, 01:12:53 pm »
Ignore

President Obama has been criticized by many for not pushing for more progressive or liberal legislation during his first two years in office while having a completely Democratic congress. In addition, former Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel has had numerous rifts with the left leaning elements of the Democratic Party, even calling them "fcuking retarded" reportedly. I believe Rahm was also the one to push for the individual mandate rather than single payer, which Obama supported in the past if I remember correctly. According to Bob Woodward, Emanuel was also instrumental in the drone policy. It seems like Emanuel set the tempo for the Obama presidency.

Had Rahm Emanuel not been Chief of Staff for the first two years would we have seen a more liberal President Obama?

I also wonder if we would still have had a Secretary of State Clinton without Rahm.

I had some additional comments on the topic but they got away from me. I'll fill them in later.
Senator TNF
TNF
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 02:08:48 pm »
Ignore

Obama is the most liberal possible president in the current political environment.

Paul Kemp
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 03:08:07 pm »
Ignore

Obama is the most liberal possible president in the current political environment.

So that's a "no"?
Scottish Robb Stark
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 04:18:06 pm »
Ignore

I like to think the roots of Obama's mistakes are deeper than one bad influence. That would be pretty sad if Rahm singlehandely convinced Obama to betray all the hope his voters had.

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout