Who loses and who wins in 2010 Congressional redistricting compared to 2000? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:25:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Who loses and who wins in 2010 Congressional redistricting compared to 2000? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Compared to the 2000 round of redistricting, 2010's will:
have more Democratic seats

have more Republican seats

maintain the existing number of D/R seats

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Who loses and who wins in 2010 Congressional redistricting compared to 2000?  (Read 1743 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« on: September 23, 2011, 12:13:58 AM »

I would agree that its more difficult to draw a Dem gerrymander in Ohio that would be as good (or bad) as the map that just passed for the GOP in the state.  However, it is possible to make several more competitive seats that would be winnable by moderate Democrats.  I think most Ohio Democrats realize that even within their own ranks they are slightly to the right of the national party.  Given a more balanced map, I think you could see 10-12 Democrats in a 2006/08 style election and perhaps a low of 3-5 in a year like 2010.  I think that's a risk enough Democrats would be willing to take to secure more competition in Ohio but perhaps I'm overestimating them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies