Debate For Northeast Legislature (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:33:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Debate For Northeast Legislature (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Debate For Northeast Legislature  (Read 2013 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: December 19, 2004, 07:38:53 PM »

A believe 1B would be best for the Northeast since it gives the assembly more power and acts as a check to the Governors power. This is essential in a time when a Governor will not call out the Guard but a majority of the Northeast does. It also gives the Northeast Regional Assembly a job and more power than it currently has. The Assembly often doesn't do anything this would give it some sort of power over the governor in times of crisis. 1B is a much better decision for the Northeast since it gives the people of the Northeast a say and it adds a check to the Governors power.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 08:08:36 PM »

For III, I think the Adjutant general should be from the national military.

The Adjutant General will be someone from the Northeastern National Guard, rather then that of the Atlasian Army.

Why not set up set up a council made up of mostly Northeastern national guard members, but some generals from the national army.  I think the national government should maintain some level of control of the NATIONAL guard.
Too complicated. It would spoil the chain of command. The adjutant General should be appointed by the Governor and should be a National Guard Officer of sufficient experiece.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 11:34:00 AM »

Okay here is all you need to know about the adjutant General:

ITS AN ENTIRELY FICTIONAL POST. NO REAL ATLASIA WILL FILL THE POST UNLESS THE GUARD IS CALLED UP AT WHICH TIME THE GOVERNOR WILL APPOINT SOMEONE TO LEAD THE GUARD.

Now stop with the questions about the Adjutant General.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 11:44:09 AM »

ITS AN ENTIRELY FICTIONAL POST. NO REAL ATLASIA WILL FILL THE POST UNLESS THE GUARD IS CALLED UP AT WHICH TIME THE GOVERNOR WILL APPOINT SOMEONE TO LEAD THE GUARD.

Nah, I was talking to Ernest about the SC Adjutant General, not apparently a fictional post.
I wasn't talking to you I was talking to KEmp and Defarge and the others who have come out against the Adjutant General position.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 05:41:04 PM »

Thank you Colin.
No problem Mr. Governor.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 12:27:18 PM »

I'd favor 1A, since its a lot simpler.  The other one seems to center on an Adjutant General, a vacant post, and a Regional Assembly, which there won't be, having the authority of to call up the Guard.  Just have the Governor do it, like in 1A.  Its the de facto arrangement we have with the other regions, as established when the hurricane situation arose early in my tenure, and makes things simpler on our end.
What do you mean there wont be an assembly? The Assembly is a functioning entity it has to vote on this act and it has the power to debate laws and make legislation. The Assembly may not be active but it should be provided for the Legislature to be able to call out the guard. We are a direct democracy up here in the Northeast and the people should be allowed to also say when the National Guard should be called out. If we don't have this then why don't we just give ever Governor dictatorial powers since no body cares about maintaining checks and balances at the Regional level. This may not be used now but possibly in 4 or 6 months their will be two times as many people as their now are in the Northeast making it hard for the people to have as much say as they do now. That is why I am for 1B.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies