Debate For Northeast Legislature (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:54:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Debate For Northeast Legislature (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Debate For Northeast Legislature  (Read 2019 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« on: December 20, 2004, 04:26:15 AM »

I don't see a need to create a new position.  The Governor of whatever region is in question should be more than sufficient for controlling the guard.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 02:02:31 AM »

I'd favor 1A, since its a lot simpler.  The other one seems to center on an Adjutant General, a vacant post, and a Regional Assembly, which there won't be, having the authority of to call up the Guard.  Just have the Governor do it, like in 1A.  Its the de facto arrangement we have with the other regions, as established when the hurricane situation arose early in my tenure, and makes things simpler on our end.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 06:07:14 PM »

I'd favor 1A, since its a lot simpler.  The other one seems to center on an Adjutant General, a vacant post, and a Regional Assembly, which there won't be, having the authority of to call up the Guard.  Just have the Governor do it, like in 1A.  Its the de facto arrangement we have with the other regions, as established when the hurricane situation arose early in my tenure, and makes things simpler on our end.
What do you mean there wont be an assembly? The Assembly is a functioning entity it has to vote on this act and it has the power to debate laws and make legislation. The Assembly may not be active but it should be provided for the Legislature to be able to call out the guard. We are a direct democracy up here in the Northeast and the people should be allowed to also say when the National Guard should be called out. If we don't have this then why don't we just give ever Governor dictatorial powers since no body cares about maintaining checks and balances at the Regional level. This may not be used now but possibly in 4 or 6 months their will be two times as many people as their now are in the Northeast making it hard for the people to have as much say as they do now. That is why I am for 1B.

So, what, is the whole population in the Assembly?  I don't remember any elections for state ssemblies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies