MA-PPP: Warren leads by two
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:04:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  MA-PPP: Warren leads by two
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MA-PPP: Warren leads by two  (Read 4245 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 09:16:21 PM »

The thing to look at is that Massachusetts is a Democratic state, it's practically the Democratic version of Oklahoma. Once a candidate that energized Democrats came to the forefront, it was only a matter of time before Brown fell behind. Partisan states will return to their roots at some point, it's a simple as that.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 09:42:11 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2011, 09:55:13 PM by redcommander »

OMG Warren is leading within the margin of error against Brown when every other recent poll has shown her losing against him!!!!!! Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 10:11:09 PM »

Whatever polls are suggesting, Brown will face difficult reelection race and taking his lead, at this point, for certain is kind of dumb.

We're talking about Massachusetts, after all. Brown was elected in a special election under very specific circumstances. Things may change in a presidential election year with full turnout.

I'm not saying he'll lose, but he's not ubersafe either.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 07:37:00 AM »

Is our nutter capable of beating their stud candidate?
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 03:42:48 PM »

Is Warren going to have the women effect in Massachusetts and the fact she'll probably lose blue collar democrats? Both questions will be solve in the primary and if she wins the nomination the election.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 03:45:05 PM »

There is no "women effect" in Massachusetts. The losses by women candidates statewide in the past decade have been an unfortunate coincidence. Blue collar Democrats voted for Hillary, so they'll vote for a woman.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »

There is no "women effect" in Massachusetts. The losses by women candidates statewide in the past decade have been an unfortunate coincidence. Blue collar Democrats voted for Hillary, so they'll vote for a woman.

This. Also the state voted for Kerry Healy for Lt. Governor, and Nikki Tsongas is still in office. There are still some states that have never been represented by women in congress at all.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 03:55:29 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/class-warfare-elizabeth-warren-style/2011/03/03/gIQAeB2WlK_blog.htm

I'm more excited about her than I've been for a candidate since '08. She's great.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 04:11:53 PM »

This. Also the state voted for Kerry Healy for Lt. Governor,

It's hard to say that draws a distinction when the state voted for Romney over O'Brien in that race. Healy was elected Lt. Governor by the Mass. GOP which gave her the slot, then voters opted for Romney.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She is the widow of a former senator and struggled to get into and stay in office. I don't think she's a good example of anything.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 07:22:17 PM »

I like her, and it is MA, but I'm going to try not getting my hopes up here...
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »

This. Also the state voted for Kerry Healy for Lt. Governor,

It's hard to say that draws a distinction when the state voted for Romney over O'Brien in that race. Healy was elected Lt. Governor by the Mass. GOP which gave her the slot, then voters opted for Romney.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She is the widow of a former senator and struggled to get into and stay in office. I don't think she's a good example of anything.

Well I'm not saying the two have the best electoral records, but I'm just saying Massachusetts is perfectly open to voting for a woman if she's the better candidate. Coakley was not, Healey ran against a Democratic wave in 2006, and the change factor since Republicans controlled Beacon Hill since 1990, and Tsongas has won quite comfortably since her close special election.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2011, 06:08:05 PM »

Coakley was a terrible candidate, and so was O'Brien. On the GOP side, Jane Swift was terrible (textbook case of the Peter Principle), and so was Kerry Healey. There's no gender bias here -- all four of those statewide characters failed because of their own personal shortcomings.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies