The American President: do they win
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:00:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  The American President: do they win
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The American President: do they win  (Read 1877 times)
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2011, 03:36:40 PM »

Andrew Shepherd, has told Bob Rumson that his 15 minutes are up, how does his re-election chances fair, once he gets married to Sydney Ellen Wade. Then what about James Marshall, how does he do in the aftermath of the Hijack of Air Force One by terrorists, discuss with maps.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »

Two great films.
 Shepherd is able to win reelection against Rumson.

Shepherd 292  50.3%
Rumson 246  48.5%

Marshall 381  55.7%
Republican 157  43.1%

heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:19:54 PM »

Come on let's have some balance here, I acknowledge and we all know Andrew Shepherd is a Wisconsin Democrat, but why can't we have a Republican good-guy, James Marshall, coming from Iowa, Notre Dame and Medal of Honor winner, why do all the good guys have to be Democrats? That's why Marshall would be a grade-A Republican and so why not try again, let him win with Kathryn Bennett at his side, or is this site populated by down the line Liberals, who only see Demmocrats as the goodies and Republicans and everybody else as either baddies or nut-jobs.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »

Come on let's have some balance here, I acknowledge and we all know Andrew Shepherd is a Wisconsin Democrat, but why can't we have a Republican good-guy, James Marshall, coming from Iowa, Notre Dame and Medal of Honor winner, why do all the good guys have to be Democrats? That's why Marshall would be a grade-A Republican and so why not try again, let him win with Kathryn Bennett at his side, or is this site populated by down the line Liberals, who only see Demmocrats as the goodies and Republicans and everybody else as either baddies or nut-jobs.

I agree with you entirely, but I got the impression that Marshall was a Democrat in the movie. Also it is Hollywood so I would expect all the good presidents to be Democrats sadly.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 01:57:23 PM »

I agree with you entirely, but I got the impression that Marshall was a Democrat in the movie. Also it is Hollywood so I would expect all the good presidents to be Democrats sadly.

Clinton said he liked the movie, Harrison Ford is a Democrat, and Ford and Clinton are friends, plus I can see it as sort of like Clinton's foreign policy. I imagine for some reason Ford playing a President from a blue collar state like MI or PA. Heck, Marshall went to Michigan University if I remember correctly. But, it's also easy to see this guy as a Republican.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 01:59:24 PM »

What about realistic Bartlet v. Ritchie map for 2000? Smiley
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »

Richie wins, narrowly, but like Gore Bartlet wins the popular vote.

272 - 266

Bartlet challenges Pres. Richie and a wins a close, but decisive election.

284 - 254
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »

What about realistic Bartlet v. Ritchie map for 2000? Smiley

THANK YOU! I always thought it was so stupid that this Liberal Democrat from New Englad who lied about having MS wins a huge landslide. But for some reason his home state of NH is in play.

Richie 303-235

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 05:51:44 PM »

THANK YOU! I always thought it was so stupid that this Liberal Democrat from New Englad who lied about having MS wins a huge landslide. But for some reason his home state of NH is in play.

Aaron Sorkin actually admitted that Bartlet beating Ritchie (caricature of GWB) was biased and came from his desire to reverse 2000 RL results.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 06:57:43 PM »

Shepherd 274
Rumson 264
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 08:13:37 PM »

I always thought Marshall was a Republican...
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 03:13:42 AM »

That's more like it, but then what about another few presidents? example how does Thomas Whitmore played by Bill Pullman  in "Independence Day" or what about J. Robert Fowler played by James Cromwell in "Sum of all Fears" or Edward Bennett, played by Donald Moffat  in "Clear and Present Danger" or James Cassidy played by James Franciscus in the ""The Greek Tycoon" any takers?
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 06:50:17 PM »

how does Thomas Whitmore played by Bill Pullman  in "Independence Day"

Two things here:

1.The movie was deliberately unclear on his party.
2. With NYC and LA gone, do California and New York become swing states? Or even lean GOP states?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies