Has Van Der Blubb ever broken the fourth wall?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:02:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Has Van Der Blubb ever broken the fourth wall?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has Van Der Blubb ever broken the fourth wall?  (Read 531 times)
ShamDam
ChanDan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2011, 03:03:42 AM »

I realize that sometimes he is, in fact, just known as Van Der Blubb, but I'm not counting that because I haven't seen him talk about his alter egos. Has it just happened to never happen or is it a deliberate move, implying that Blubb, the character, has multiple personality disorder? This would explain why he rarely, if ever, responds to posts such as "good one, Blubb" or "you really got me this time, Blubb".

Your thoughts?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 09:49:29 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2011, 09:51:38 AM by Krist Novoselic, Certified God of Badasses »

Not sure if this is breaking the fourth wall or not, but I did happen to talk to the (I'm assuming) "real" Van Der Blubb:

When you got as much charisma and persuadability as Obama, it would take a thermonuclear holocaust to lose reelection. The economic downturn started during Bush's term and he can always leave the blame on the Bush regime. And when the economy gets worse he can just claim it's just an aftereffect of Republican policies enacted a long time ago blah blah blah and knowing the guillability of the electorate, they might just buy it.

A theormonuclear holocaust?  God, you're a dumbass.  I can think of any number of reasons for Obama losing, and the economy is only one of them.  The electorate certainly may be gullible (which is why they elected the fool in the first place) but Obama will own this economy by 2012.  If the economy has not recovered or is getting worse, then things will not look well for him.

When you got as much charisma and persuadability as Obama, it would take a thermonuclear holocaust to lose reelection. The economic downturn started during Bush's term and he can always leave the blame on the Bush regime. And when the economy gets worse he can just claim it's just an aftereffect of Republican policies enacted a long time ago blah blah blah and knowing the guillability of the electorate, they might just buy it.

The damage that the previous administration did to the economy will take years to undo. We can see it in a declining dollar, commodity prices from cocoa to gasoline, costs of imports and foreign travel, and a falling standard of living. Ordinarily pro-business conservatives call for sacrifices so that Big Business can invest in plant and equipment, research and development, and the like. Now it simply enriches executives who wield dictatorial power over employees. Hint: it's ordinarily a good idea to leave the family farm -- but not in the last ten years. When the quick, easy money is to be made by legalized loansharking, we have big problems.

The American public recognizes that things are bad -- but perhaps not how bad. We might have been better off to let the failed giant banks go under; all that they were able to do that the smaller banks were unable to do was to play a shell game of getting increasingly-bigger volumes of loans irrespective of quality. To Hell with that sort of banking! I'd love to see some of the high-flying bankers of five years ago have to pawn off their Mercedes-Benz autos for bus fares, beans, and rent for some cr@ppy apartment.

The only way for us to get out of this mess is to do what we used to do well -- small business.

I think the way I worded this came out awkward. I'm not saying the Republicans are free of guilt or playing partisan here, just saying that Obama is too charismatic and persuasive to the average joe to lose reelection. Once again, he's a master debater (I had to).

Well, I hate to be the one to tell you that you are as big a dumbass as everyone thinks, but you are.  Obama is hardly a "master debater" (he's sub-par at best).  The only thing he's good at is framing the issues so that he favors him, which wasn't exactly difficult last year.  This far out, it's way too early to say what will happen in 2012, but to say that the only way Obama loses is if a thermonuclear holocaust occurs is beyond stupid.  Finally, what is a libertarian doing talking about 'social justice'?  Get out of here.

In hindsight I can say he is a pretty smart individual and that I was very VERY naive when I first got on here.  I mean I thought pbrower was a well thought out and non-hackish poster........

Note: That's not Keystone Phil, that just happens to be who Blubb's pretending to be right now.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 04:33:53 PM »

Has anyone else ever been PMed by him?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 04:48:47 PM »

He's breaking it by starting this thread.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »

What about that time he wrote that timeline on the Election What-Ifs? board? That technically broke the fourth wall, since it was serious. I think it may have been before all of his impersonations, though. I seem to recall him writing it in early 2009, and if I recall correctly, many people enjoyed it.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 11:58:25 PM »

What about that time he wrote that timeline on the Election What-Ifs? board? That technically broke the fourth wall, since it was serious. I think it may have been before all of his impersonations, though. I seem to recall him writing it in early 2009, and if I recall correctly, many people enjoyed it.

It was still done as a joke though. I don't know if Blubb's ever been serious.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 10:04:54 AM »

mmm...what be the fourth wall?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 11:45:47 AM »

In the real world, it's where God, Jesus, and Satan sit and observe your life.

In television, it's the wall where the camera is that everyone on the show pretends not to notice.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies