MI: Marketing Resource Group: Obama leads Romney by 1, Perry by 11 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:32:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MI: Marketing Resource Group: Obama leads Romney by 1, Perry by 11 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI: Marketing Resource Group: Obama leads Romney by 1, Perry by 11  (Read 3706 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: September 23, 2011, 10:09:58 PM »
« edited: September 23, 2011, 10:18:22 PM by sbane »

So your only problem with the auto bailout is that it was a few months late? How many job losses do you think that led to? Rather than what would have happened if the far right got their way, Yank? I doubt Romney is going to run on a platform supporting Obama's plan, is he? Even if he supposedly did come up with it first?

And if you think Obama did it worse, what exactly did he do that was so wrong? Except for diddly daddling around. We already know he isn't the best leader out there, but at least he didn't let Detroit, Michigan and the surrounding states go into a real depression. That's what most of your party wanted Yank! You cannot deny that.

The bailouts here really did work, as opposed to on Wall Street. Public Private partnerships are the way to go. Your party needs to understand that or they need to go the way of the Federalists, Whigs and the Know nothings.

Pure Laissez faire Capitalism has never worked, never will.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:06:44 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2011, 11:08:51 PM by sbane »

Yeah, as I have said before, Romney will probably win if things don't improve with the economy. He is already keeping a sanity about him, while still attacking Obama, and doing it better than anybody out there. And yes, Obama's lack of leadership could just cost him the White House.

That said, this whole let's cut taxes and jobs will magically come back isn't going to work. Of course let's get rid of loopholes and lower rates accordingly, but really revenues need to be raised. At least things will be on a more even playing field. And we need to somehow take care of the healthcare mess. That is another reason we are hemorrhaging jobs. No one wants to pay for something for which costs go up more than inflation each year. Whether government taking it all on it's shoulder will solve all the problems, I don't know, but one way to create jobs is to get it off businesses, and especially small businesses shoulders. And of course Obamacare does not do this, not even close.

Finally, I do think there is some merit in the notion that government can work together with businesses to create the conditions needed to create jobs. Without creating another Solyndra of course. I give up. Tongue
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 09:59:49 AM »

Probably never, gustaf. But some people here fantasize about it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies