The Official Fox News/Google Debate Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:28:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Fox News/Google Debate Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Fox News/Google Debate Discussion Thread  (Read 28758 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: September 22, 2011, 08:10:17 PM »

Michelle Bachmann advocates a 0% tax rate lol.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »

Attacks on the unemployed now..wow. What about people who don't get jobs because they are too old? Ageism does exist in the workplace. I got an idea, how about we not give Newtie a job because he is too old!!!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »

Haha dumbass bimbo fox news anchors
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »

Shouldn't Rick Scott be in jail?

Wow I am way behind you guys.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:09:27 PM »

Again, 47% is a majority. Lol Fox
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 12:09:34 AM »

Sam, old chap, testosterone does not equal "slumber." Tongue  You really need to get out more. Did you really think Perry was remotely viable - ever?  How long has it been since you've been in Texas?  Just asking. The last bit was serious actually. 

I was in Texas about a month ago.  I get out enough already.  I do live in NYC, after all.

I think you know my feelings about Perry, both before and after he announced.  This is pretty well-documented on the forum.

Slumber was a poor word choice; stupor is far better.  As in "Being in a stupor from watching a dull Republican debate, Sam Spade improperly used his vocabulary to describe Torie's lack of judgment in determining which political candidates to support and his inability to admit mistakes in making said choices."

OK, but Sam, I admitted that I have found Huntsman to be a disappointment, even though I think he would be a competent President, and I admitted that Obama has been a "huge disappointment."  One thing I think I do OK, in part because I'm old, and have a certain self confidence, is that when I think I made a mistake, I have no problem admitting it. I make a lot of mistakes in life - a lot. But somehow I still seemed to manage. I guess it's a batting average thing.

Anyway, I hope I didn't offend you Sam. I josh a lot. I hope you know that, and that I am always interested in what you have to say. I wouldn't say that, if I didn't value what you had to say.

You don't like Huntsman now? Why? I find him to be better than Romney though Romney is obviously relevant whereas Huntsman isn't.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 10:58:02 AM »

With regard to the in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Texas question, here's an interesting clip from a Reagan vs. Bush primary debate in 1980:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixi9_cciy8w&feature=player_embedded

I can only imagine how CARLHAYDEN would have reacted if he'd been watching that debate.

Wow. Every Republican should watch this. How the times have changed.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 10:54:03 PM »

With regard to the in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Texas question, here's an interesting clip from a Reagan vs. Bush primary debate in 1980:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixi9_cciy8w&feature=player_embedded

I can only imagine how CARLHAYDEN would have reacted if he'd been watching that debate.

This is also a good response clip whenever J.J. and lesser Republicans around here comment about how Reagan was not considered Presidential material in 1979 and comparing Bachmann/Perry/whatever to them.  Reagan may or may not have been considered Presidential in 1979, but he could complete a sentence without tearing up basic grammar or dropping an attack ad soundbite in 1979.  That's more than two-thirds of the 2012 GOP field's capabilities.

That's the other thing I noticed. Reagan might have been considered far-right, but he was pretty damn articulate. I understand why he was so popular. Perry on the other hand....And JJ compared Perry to Reagan. More proof JJ is a joke.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies