Bye bye relativity? Scientists apparently break speed of light. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:16:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Bye bye relativity? Scientists apparently break speed of light. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bye bye relativity? Scientists apparently break speed of light.  (Read 2232 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: September 22, 2011, 09:34:24 PM »

The curious part of the OPERA observation is that MINOS at Fermilab should have the data to confirm or refute the claim. I'm waiting to see the official paper to see why one might see it but not the other.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:05:39 PM »

The curious part of the OPERA observation is that MINOS at Fermilab should have the data to confirm or refute the claim. I'm waiting to see the official paper to see why one might see it but not the other.

makes sense...I was thinking, "Certainly these guys arent the first to measure the speed of neutrinos, are they?!"

at least they are being skeptical of their results and asking for their peers to check their data...otherwise this could end up being another cold fusion fiasco

We may have to be patient. MINOS has a measurement from 2007, but lacks the necessary accuracy. They are upgrading to increase precision, but corroborating results won't be available until next year.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies