Our prayers might be answered: Christie to decide on 2012 bid.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:11:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Our prayers might be answered: Christie to decide on 2012 bid.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: Our prayers might be answered: Christie to decide on 2012 bid.  (Read 18677 times)
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 06:17:36 PM »

redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 06:18:35 PM »

What's your proof besides more speculation?
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 06:19:18 PM »

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2011, 06:27:59 PM »

The articles says Christie gave the donors a deadline of two weeks.  That means he has until roughly October 7.  Will he have missed filing deadlines by that point?
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 06:29:39 PM »

He has the attitude.  I've never seen such a rude governor.  He'd be perfect for the GOP, I think he'd beat Romney in the polls easily.

Are you insinuating that Republicans are obnoxious?

Many have that rude, prissy attitude that the conservatives love.  Christie undoubtedly is number 1 in the United States for rudeness as a public official on any level.  Not all Republicans, just some of the conservative leaders.  It is always wrong to paint an entire party with a broad brush
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »

Good one, Blubb... oh wait.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 06:40:07 PM »

All this Hamlet-like behavior by Christie is really tiresome, not to mention that I'm running out of fat jokes.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2011, 06:57:34 PM »

Better than Perry, but overrated.

The fact that he said he wouldn't entire a while back makes it easy to paint him as a liar. Also, some policies in New Jersey might be too moderate to attract the crowd Perry has.

If he enters, he'll sink Perry, probably damage Romney to some serious degree with actual attacks, and then lose his appeal.

Right now, my prediction rate of "Candidates who people claim will win but are actually unelectable" is four for four (Trump, Cain, Bachmann, Perry). In fact, I'm going to add an extra: Huntsman, no matter how much people on this forum or in the media want him to do well, isn't going to win. At best, he might perform well in New Hampshire and beat out Ron Paul. More likely, he'll end up somewhere between 2-6%, perform okay in New Hampshire, and flop elsewhere.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »

The fact that he said he wouldn't entire a while back makes it easy to paint him as a liar.

Yeah, that will gain traction for sure.  Roll Eyes
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2011, 07:05:02 PM »

Yes Nik, I think Christie does have a chance to win the gold unlike Perry, which I suggested. But unlike Perry, he won't be like a wounded deer for Obama to hunt down and just casually put out of his misery, without breaking a sweat. So it's all good. Whichever of the two wins, should be fit and very competitive with Obama - hopefully.

I think Christie would be a better candidate than Romney. He spits it raw, so to speak.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 07:06:44 PM »

The fact that he said he wouldn't entire a while back makes it easy to paint him as a liar.

If Christie reached first place, he would be the same target Perry is. The fact that he flip-flopped regarding his candidacy is as good a place as any to attack him from (though he has his own weak points besides this)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »

If Christie got in he would almost guarantee Perry's nomination as Christie would take more votes from Romney and could even win NH.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 07:09:40 PM »

If Christie reached first place, he would be the same target Perry is. The fact that he flip-flopped regarding his candidacy is as good a place as any to attack him from (though he has his own weak points besides this)

Good point.  Remember when Obama lost the nomination after Hillary Clinton dug up quotes of his back in 2004 when he said he wouldn't run?  That flip-flopping label sure stuck to him!
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 07:18:58 PM »

All this Hamlet-like behavior by Christie is really tiresome, not to mention that I'm running out of fat jokes.

Is he being indecisive? We have one article with only unnamed sources (from Newsmax). Other reports have popped up before, but it's always been something that happens sporadically in conservative publications. Weighed against Christie's claim that he would rather "kill himself," I think I'll go with the man's word.

With McCotter's withdrawal, the right-wing intelligentsia are grasping at straws. No surprise.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2011, 07:25:15 PM »

Good point.  Remember when Obama lost the nomination after Hillary Clinton dug up quotes of his back in 2004 when he said he wouldn't run?  That flip-flopping label sure stuck to him!

Obama said he wouldn't run four years before the elections. Christie said he wouldn't run several months before the elections. Bit of a difference.

Also, Obama (as of 2008) had far, far less flaws in the eyes of the Democratic voters compared to Christie.
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2011, 07:31:22 PM »

I know Christie said something along the lines of "short of suicide I don't know how to convince people I am not running"?

That might be slightly more difficult to walk back from
milhouse24
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2011, 08:06:47 PM »

I just don't think a Roman Catholic will have any pull in Iowa or SC; and Christie can't beat Romney in NH.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2011, 08:07:51 PM »

Christie is a dangerous candidate if he runs. Sure, he's been very rude but he hasn't taken any stupid issue positions like Perry has on social security. Add to that the fact that he's not big on social issues and he makes a good general election candidate. I wonder if Perry would start his religious stuff again in order to split the moderate votes between Christie and Romney.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2011, 08:24:34 PM »

I just don't think a Roman Catholic will have any pull in Iowa or SC; and Christie can't beat Romney in NH.

Better than a Mormon.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2011, 08:26:22 PM »

I just don't think a Roman Catholic will have any pull in Iowa or SC;

and you think a Mormon would have more?!
milhouse24
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2011, 09:08:11 PM »

I just don't think a Roman Catholic will have any pull in Iowa or SC;

and you think a Mormon would have more?!

No, I think Romney will lose Iowa again, just like he did in 2008.  Iowa will go to either Perry or Bachmann.  Sc will be close, but I think it will go to Perry, unless someone splits the evangelical vote like Fred/Huckabee, and gives it to ROmney.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2011, 09:28:32 PM »

Another moderate in the game..... This helps Paul, Cain, Bachamann, Santorum aka the conservatives in the race.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2011, 09:46:37 PM »

Another moderate in the game..... This helps Paul, Cain, Bachamann, Santorum aka the conservatives in the race.

lol
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2011, 11:07:13 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2011, 11:10:52 PM by bryan »

For crying out loud, your prayers have been answered for years.

I do not understand why the right doesn't want Mitt Romney as its standard bearer. He can beat Obama in the general, and will fight for most of what they stand for once elected. Yet the base keeps looking around frantically for someone else - Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, Rick Perry, etc. What seems to be the problem? Is it because he is a Mormon? Stop being bigots. Is it because of "Obamneycare"? Stop being so dogmatic. Is it because he is a blue state Republican? Stop being so Southern. For goodness sake!

What is Chris Christie really going to add to this race? He's going to split the moderate vote even further, which means Romney stands to lose by his entry. Plus he is way overrated and isn't even that popular in his home state.

Romney has the most potential to hand 2012 to Republicans on a silver platter. Whats that they say about a gift horse's mouth?
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2011, 11:12:32 PM »

The problem with Romney is that he is a status quo type of guy...he's not going to be real change....I would trust Christie a lot more than I would Romney.  NJ>>MA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies