Our prayers might be answered: Christie to decide on 2012 bid. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:15:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Our prayers might be answered: Christie to decide on 2012 bid. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Our prayers might be answered: Christie to decide on 2012 bid.  (Read 18820 times)
redcommander
YaBB God
« on: September 23, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »

Does anyone actually think he's going to be the front runner? He's just going to split the vote further.

No. He'll be in the top tier, but he's really lowered his chances of winning significantly with his wavering on a run these past few months. The Republican establishment should be pretty alarmed that if he and Palin both get in, that Ron Paul might be able to sneak by wins in Iowa and New Hampshire because of vote splitting.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 05:53:05 PM »

I love how Dems think they know GOP primary voters so well.

Christie is instant front runner if he jumps in, mark my words.

Also, he spouts data and information at an amazing level. I wouldn't worry about him being knowledgeable when he enters his first debate. Both in what he already knows and his ability to assimilate information.

This of course, if he actually gets in.

Not many primary voters know much about him except he always sounds angry when he talks, and likes to go after unions and spending. If he runs, and if he develops a detailed platform, he may run into trouble.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 06:08:19 PM »

He has the attitude.  I've never seen such a rude governor.  He'd be perfect for the GOP, I think he'd beat Romney in the polls easily.

Are you insinuating that Republicans are obnoxious?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 06:18:35 PM »

What's your proof besides more speculation?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 11:17:31 PM »

For crying out loud, your prayers have been answered for years.

I do not understand why the right doesn't want Mitt Romney as its standard bearer. He can beat Obama in the general, and will fight for most of what they stand for once elected. Yet the base keeps looking around frantically for someone else - Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, Rick Perry, etc. What seems to be the problem? Is it because he is a Mormon? Stop being bigots. Is it because of "Obamneycare"? Stop being so dogmatic. Is it because he is a blue state Republican? Stop being so Southern. For goodness sake!

What is Chris Christie really going to add to this race? He's going to split the moderate vote even further, which means Romney stands to lose by his entry. Plus he is way overrated and isn't even that popular in his home state.

Romney has the most potential to hand 2012 to Republicans on a silver platter. Whats that they say about a gift horse's mouth?

You're absolutely right, but it's also because of the media's influence too. It's almost nightly that some broadcast talks about the "flaws" of the Republicans running. Romney for the most part keeps on being painted as disliked by the talking heads, and as a result GOPers keep looking for someone else to run. Most of it is probably just an attempt by certain Republicans to make the primary at least somewhat competitive so that Republicans will be more motivated to show up in 2012 to support Romney against Obama.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »

Thank goodness. Christie isn't ready, and it's irresponsible of Republicans to try and coax him into running. Save him for 2016, 2020, or 2024.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 03:20:30 AM »

HE'S NOT RUNNING!!!!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies