Regarding the current secession movement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:41:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regarding the current secession movement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Regarding the current secession movement  (Read 4378 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »

The Atlasian government is far from perfect, I'll be the first to admit. Our nation does need reform; it badly needs some fresh air. However, an attempt at total revolution is not at all the proper method for accomplishing these goals. While I understand much of the intention behind the decisions that some of the residents of Alabama, Happiness, and Georgia have made, I must strongly condemn their actions in attempting secession from Atlasia.

To survive as a country, we must survive as a community. I firmly believe that we can improve our great nation so that it reaches unprecedented levels of prosperity, but only if everyone works together. I call for an end to the bitter divisiveness that is far too common throughout Atlasia today; for an end to the petty stubbornness that disrupts meaningful and intelligent discourse. I call for all participants in the current secession movement to cease their current efforts and return to Atlasia in peace. Your point has been made, and I fear that any continuing struggle will only cause to increase the damage you seek to prevent- it will certainly further disrupt the enjoyment of Atlasia for all of its participants.

I would like to note that the actions you are taking are highly illegal and carry the harshest penalty for any crime in Atlasian law. I don't want to do that, however. I will be issuing an Executive Order in the next few moments that will specify that charges will not be pressed against any secessionist who reaffirms his Atlasian citizenship within the next 48 hours. I strongly suggest that the current revolutionaries each seriously consider this offer. Your complaints are valid, and they have been heard- but please, let's make Atlasia stronger rather than than tearing it apart.

Thank you all, and Dave bless Atlasia.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 10:20:20 PM »

Boo!

*Throws shoe*
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 10:27:13 PM »

I admire BK for trying to keep the peace, but sometimes boys must be boys. You'll understand after a few gin and tonics and some bourbon, BK. Take a walk with me...Wink
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 10:39:16 PM »

Every action has a consequence.

Secessionists, return to the fold, or face the consequences of your actions.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 10:50:21 PM »

*swift ninja-dodge*

I admire BK for trying to keep the peace, but sometimes boys must be boys. You'll understand after a few gin and tonics and some bourbon, BK. Take a walk with me...Wink

I probably do need a drink, indeed! Grin

It's worth pointing out that the last time Atlasia faced a secession crisis was the last time I was Acting President. May God help everyone if I'm ever actually elected President Tongue

Every action has a consequence.

Secessionists, return to the fold, or face the consequences of your actions.

Thank you for your support, Governor.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 10:53:25 PM »

I echo the words of Governor Winfield.

One of the first consequences will be the loss of all federal spending in said states.  Since both Florida and Georgia receive significantly more in federal spending than their citizens pay in taxes, they will have an immediate, large budget deficit that represents a sizable chunk of each state's economy to deal with.

Tax collections from citizens in those states should continue and said money should be distributed to other states in the southeast.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:00:12 PM »

Since I represent no state, I must say that frankly...

I'm DAMN BORED! Gotta have beef! Gotta have spice! Need a LITTLE EXCITEMENT! OOOOOOH YEAH!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 11:03:04 PM »

I'd also suggest that any candidates for office or those who would like to participate in Atlasian elections move to states that are loyal to the union.

If these secessionist tactics continue, all residents of said states will be stripped of their Atlasian citizenry and will not be protected under the Atlasian constitution.

I will also push the senate to enact trade embargos and blockades that stops any and all economic activity leaving or going into said states.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 11:05:01 PM »

I would like to know what anyone running for office in Atlasia plans to do to make this game more interesting? It's boring. Give us a crisis that's not economic. Give us something new and fun. That's what I want.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 11:06:45 PM »

I would like to know what anyone running for office in Atlasia plans to do to make this game more interesting? It's boring. Give us a crisis that's not economic. Give us something new and fun. That's what I want.
It's not up to us to create crises.  That is up to the GM.  Or to the rogues that want to commit the citizens of their state to starvation and isolation from the rest of the world by declaring "independence".

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 11:12:59 PM »

There is no policy of activity that can be pursued by any one politician to solve the problem. Activity is something that occurs, when people arouse to political motivation and push for something aggressively. The something can be anything from economic/social justice, to ensuring everyone has access to free cocaine.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »

I just sent you a PM about this, but I figure it's appropriate to restate it publicly.

The office of Secretary of Internal Affairs is currently vacant; the SOIA has significant GM authority over domestic issues. I'd very much like to see what you could do with this job. Are you interested?

Get back to me in the next 45 minutes, and I'll gladly submit your nomination to the Senate.

Like I said earlier, I want all Atlasians to be able to work together so that everyone can profit from it.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 11:17:39 PM »

I just sent you a PM about this, but I figure it's appropriate to restate it publicly.

The office of Secretary of Internal Affairs is currently vacant; the SOIA has significant GM authority over domestic issues. I'd very much like to see what you could do with this job. Are you interested?

Get back to me in the next 45 minutes, and I'll gladly submit your nomination to the Senate.

Like I said earlier, I want all Atlasians to be able to work together so that everyone can profit from it.

I've responded to your offer that I certainly would be willing to do the job if I could get something done. Again, people's juices are flowing and this cannot be looked at as a bad thing.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 11:29:09 PM »

I have now submitted the nomination of Dr. Cynic for Secretary of Internal Affairs to the Senate for its consideration and I am looking forward to his suggestions for that position.

I firmly believe that Atlasia draws its strength through unity, not divisiveness. Let this be an example to those currently in arms against the Federal government that we are willing to work with you. This division of our nation is entirely unnecessary. I urge all those who remain in arms to return peacefully, before further action must be taken. I wish and hope that this conflict can be resolved peacefully. To any state governments who do not return to Atlasia, the resultant (and unfortunate) suffering will be solely on your own shoulders.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 11:31:50 PM »

!!!!!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »

You are wise to be against ostriches, Mr. Mom.  They're like a mean cat.  If they're mad they don't just hiss and scratch.  They chase you.  And then bite you.  F**king ostriches.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 11:42:32 PM »

You are wise to be against ostriches, Mr. Mom.  They're like a mean cat.  If they're mad they don't just hiss and scratch.  They chase you.  And then bite you.  F**king ostriches.

...And rape....
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 06:43:30 AM »

Hey, unlike the others, I didn't say a word about secession. This was merely a joke declaration.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 09:19:01 AM »

I officially reaffirm my citizenship to Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 09:25:38 AM »

You know until I read this thread I didn't really have an opinion on the matter.
Thanks for helping me decide.

I'm renouncing my Atlasian citizenship.

What're you jack booted fascist thugs going to do?  Kick my ass?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 09:37:12 AM »

I think Bacon King and Snowguy are overreacting. It's not like any of these declarations have any practical for constitutional meaning. When Al mounted his nationwide "revolution", the government did not care at all, although he was way more serious than these jokes. And now this?

Chill out, people. There's no crisis. You're inventing it.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 09:46:38 AM »

I think Bacon King and Snowguy are overreacting. It's not like any of these declarations have any practical for constitutional meaning. When Al mounted his nationwide "revolution", the government did not care at all, although he was way more serious than these jokes. And now this?

Exactly.

And I for one will not be part of a state where fearmongering is the norm.

Therefore, I'm moving to Canada.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 09:54:45 AM »

Exactly.

And I for one will not be part of a state where fearmongering is the norm.

Therefore, I'm moving to Canada.

Now you can expect an angry PM from either Snowy or Bacon Queen like "surrender and reaffirm your loyalty, or you'll be punished!"
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 10:04:10 AM »

BOOOOOOOO!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution