Gore wins in 2000 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:02:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Gore wins in 2000 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gore wins in 2000  (Read 6779 times)
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 02, 2012, 01:07:20 AM »

He probably wouldn't have gotten the popularity boost from 9/11 that Bush did.  I mean, I can't see him hugging the firefighters and not seeming awkward.  The Republican would start making a fuss about Iraq having WMD's, and then McCain would probably win.  Then, I guess we'd get the Iraq war in 2005 or so, but he wouldn't have supported the tax cuts for the wealthy.  Lieberman, as the former VP, would be the clear frontrunner for the nomination in 2008 at this point, so his support for the Iraq war would seriously boost its popularity, though Gore and probably Hilary Clinton would oppose it due to the information they'd gotten.  So by 2008, the war would be unpopular and the Dems would nominate Hilary for President (the anti-establishment/change feeling wouldn't be as much as in RL, so Obama wouldn't get it), and she'd probably pick someone like Feingold or another leftie to balance out her "establishment" feel.  And the financial crisis wouldn't come quite as bad without the Bush tax cuts, but it'd still be severe, and Hilary would probably beat McCain. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies