Bill Clinton vs. George Bush Jr. 2000 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:35:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Bill Clinton vs. George Bush Jr. 2000 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill Clinton vs. George Bush Jr. 2000  (Read 11581 times)
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« on: December 11, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »

Romneys going to have to court these voters this election as well.  Well maybe there's a realignment waiting for us this year; who knows?
I see another realignment as unlikely until one party begins to educate the base of the other (preferably Democrats to the Republican base) about what they really believe and start to make inroads with those voters.
Fix'd. lol

I kid, (sorta) but I'm a Democrat mainly because I know exactly what the Republican position is on pretty much every issue. Climate change denial, supply-side economics, hawkish foreign policy, no gay marriage, no abortions, yes to the death penalty, etc. I find these positions as attractive as a giant hornet. I would like to see the Dems do a better job of selling their "we're all in this together" mantra to the red states. It'd be an uphill battle, but enough grassroots and super-PAC money and enough time with a good enough orator and anything is possible.

Anyway... Gore ran an awful campaign. Clinton wouldn't have been so awful. He'd destroy the Bush tax cuts with his 2012 math style 12 years prior, and run on the economy and how awesome it is. He can even pull double-duty and lambast the Republicans for impeaching him (when most of the public didn't want him to be impeached) to try to take back congress. the Clinton coalition from '92 and '96 would mostly stand and we'd never hear from the bushes again. Until Jeb '04
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies