2011 MLB Postseason (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:47:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2011 MLB Postseason (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2011 MLB Postseason  (Read 16697 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: October 01, 2011, 06:01:14 PM »

Doggonet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 03:47:16 PM »

It's a day of blown leads in Philly! Damn it. I had a feeling we weren't going to get this one though.

Their bullpen allowed only 1 hit over 5 innings.  Hopefully they can't shut us down again.

I have a feeling you're right, though I hope the Cardinals can suprise everybody and take this now-best-of-3 series and head to the NLCS, probably against their division rivals, the Milwaukee Brewers!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 10:08:37 PM »

I am so glad that is over. Let's finish these guys off tomorrow.

Can we please have an easy win to finish these guys?  Please?

I would prefer it go to a Game 5 with the Cardinals pulling it out, but I have my doubts.  We only got in the playoffs really because Atlanta crashed and burned.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:21:35 PM »

Cards have been the better team this series.  Save the first game.

We're lucky we still have a chance to move on.  Playing very tight yet reckless at times.

I'm beginning to have faith in my Cardinals in Game 5.  Roy Halladay has been beatable this year, and I think the Cardinals are still hot from their season close, so I am going to have to amend my previous prediction and say that the Cardinals will move on to the NLCS.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 10:49:16 PM »

Oh, damn it, New York. I wanted that rematch!

It would be funny if we had a Arizona/St Louis NLCS.  It is quite possible.  I think St Louis has a better shot than Arizona, but it is entirely realistic to have a Diamondbacks vs. Cardinals NLCS.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »

Tttthhheee Yankees looossseee! Tttthheee Yankees looossseee! Hooray. Smiley

It just goes to show you can't always buy a Championship.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 11:01:42 PM »

Tttthhheee Yankees looossseee! Tttthheee Yankees looossseee! Hooray. Smiley

It just goes to show you can't always buy a Championship.

Boston was more guilty of that than the Yankees this year, but it's still true of them.

And, look where they both are as of Midnight Eastern on Friday, October 7, 2011.  They both are preparing for the offseason.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 04:08:23 AM »

I was pleased to wake up this morning and find the score! My Cardinals even proved me wrong. I thought they would get dominated by the Phillies in this series, but the Cardinals still had momentum from the end of the regular season.  Now, we are set for a classic NL Central showdown between the Milwaukee Brewers and the St Louis Cardinals.

This year's World Series won't have any of the suspects that we thought about at the beginning of the season.  No Yankees, No Red Sox, No Rays, No Phillies, No Braves, No Giants.  We have 4 teams left and all from pretty much the center of the country.  Detroit is the only team that borders on the center and the eastern part of the country and the only team in the Eastern Time Zone.  The other 3 are Central Time Zone inhabitants.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 01:01:56 PM »

This year's World Series won't have any of the suspects that we thought about at the beginning of the season.  No Yankees, No Red Sox, No Rays, No Phillies, No Braves, No Giants.  We have 4 teams left and all from pretty much the center of the country.  Detroit is the only team that borders on the center and the eastern part of the country and the only team in the Eastern Time Zone.  The other 3 are Central Time Zone inhabitants.

Yeah!  MLB and FOX are estatic over the potential ratings!

Ratings, Schmatings.  Any World Series without the Yankees or Red Sox especially are great years!

The networks may hate the potential ratings, but the fans could care less about ratings.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 06:59:13 AM »

This year's World Series won't have any of the suspects that we thought about at the beginning of the season.  No Yankees, No Red Sox, No Rays, No Phillies, No Braves, No Giants.  We have 4 teams left and all from pretty much the center of the country.  Detroit is the only team that borders on the center and the eastern part of the country and the only team in the Eastern Time Zone.  The other 3 are Central Time Zone inhabitants.

Yeah!  MLB and FOX are estatic over the potential ratings!

Ratings, Schmatings.  Any World Series without the Yankees or Red Sox especially are great years!

The networks may hate the potential ratings, but the fans could care less about ratings.

But the ratings are the fans...

Anyway, don't you guys love small sample sizes?

I see where you're coming from that ratings are the fans, but the fans don't care about the ratings.

Yes, we do like small sample sizes.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 07:04:59 AM »

Anyway, I was glad to see the Rangers won last night after two rain delays.  It would be wonderful to see my two favorite teams in the World Series, St Louis Cardinals and Texas Rangers.  My heart would be torn, and I'd have to go with St Louis, but it would be pretty neat.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 11:30:54 AM »

Milwaukee and St Louis are knotted up at 1 game a piece going into tonight's Game 3.  The series shifts to St Louis for games 3, 4, and 5.  St Louis took Game 2 in Milwaukee.  Do you think there's a chance, with Carpenter going tonight, Lohse tomorrow night, and Garcia Friday night that the Cardinals could wrap this series up at home and avoid having to travel back to Milwaukee and instead packing their bags for either Arlington or Detroit?

I think it's conceivable, but I think the series will shift back to Milwaukee, but I think the Cardinals will win the pennant in 6 or 7 games.

As for the ALCS, Texas has a 2-1 lead going into tonight's Game 4 in Detroit.  I have a feeling Texas will take it at home in Arlington in 6.  I don't see the Tigers being able to stretch it to a 7th game.

This is my analysis at the midway point of the LCS.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 08:13:17 AM »

Nice 9th inning comeback for the Rangers. It's a series now. Smiley

I've got a feeling this thing will go the distance.  I give the edge to the Cardinals simply because they will more than likely be finishing  it up in St Louis.  I watched from the bottom of the 8th until the end last night, and I was impressed by the way the Rangers came back.  I was watching the UCLA vs. Arizona game for the majority of Game 2.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »

So insted of baseball we get Rocky Horror Glee. That's quite a change up.

There is Connecticut at Pittsburgh College Football on ESPN if you want sports.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 11:51:24 PM »

Chris Carpenter vs. Matt Harrison are the starters for Game 7 as of right now according to ESPN.com.  I'll be happy either way this goes, but I have a feeling its going to be St Louis's game in front of their own fans!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 12:05:26 AM »

Unreal. I want the Rangers but even I was sort of rooting for the Cardinals to come back in this one.

Too bad butthurt in Philly, NY, and Boston is giving this the worst ratings of all time, too.

Well, I'm still watching and it has been exciting but it deserves the poor ratings because it doesn't have better teams.  Wink

Well, there's always 2012 and the Eagles aren't quite dead, yet.  I haven't followed the Flyers and the 76ers may be back in town before long.  Like I said, there's always 2012...

It's going to be a great game tonight.  It is Friday morning in St Louis, so it is legal and appropriate to say tonight.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 10:24:54 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, the World Champions of Major League Baseball for 2011 - The St Louis Cardinals!!!!  What a series!!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies