2011 MLB Postseason (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:13:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2011 MLB Postseason (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2011 MLB Postseason  (Read 16693 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: September 26, 2011, 09:15:04 PM »

Every year I ask for forgiveness for having supported the Red Sox in 2004.

You really prefer us more compared to Rangers or Braves?

I don't have any particular hate for the Phillies. I will forever be grateful to Philadelphia for standing between Los Angeles and a pennant in 2008 and 2009. I put the Phillies above the Rangers because I prefer NL teams in general to AL teams, and because seeing the Bushes lose last year was pretty cool. (I don't like to mix politics and sports, but the Rangers started it by having them throw out the first pitches before Game 3.) The Braves bother me because they always win. Besides, all Giants fans bear a grudge toward the Braves for 1993, when the Giants went 103-59 and didn't make the playoffs.

Heh 1993.  We won the East Division and ultimately the Pennant with 97 wins (by contrast).

The 1973 Mets won 82 games and the pennant. The Giants won 88 games that year and finished in third place. There is no justice in this world.

The 2006 Cards were 83-78 and won the freaking World Series. That NLCS still hurts.  I just hope the Red Sox continue their collapse and miss the playoffs.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 11:07:24 PM »

I beg to differ sir.  This was the best baseball day Ive had in a while.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »

Wow, great game.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 01:00:35 AM »

Cruz should have EASILY caught that game tying triple by Freeze...looked as if Cruz thought he was much closer to the wall than he was

Agreed.  Rather than drifting slowly back like he did, you are usually taught to go back quickly and find the wall.  You can then move in as needed.  Id have to rewatch again but it looks like the ball had plenty of air under it for him to do that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies