In a debate featuring Obama and Cain, who would win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:51:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  In a debate featuring Obama and Cain, who would win?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: In a debate featuring Obama and Cain, who would win?
Obama

Cain

tie

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: In a debate featuring Obama and Cain, who would win?  (Read 635 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2011, 01:49:43 PM »

go...
Link
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 01:53:43 PM »

Trick question.  Cain would never make it to a debate with Obama.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 01:57:41 PM »

This is hysterical. In the span of about ten days, Republicans went from vastly overestimating Rick Perry, to seriously underestimating Rick Perry, and then on to overestimating Herman Cain.

All based on what? A protest vote at a Florida straw poll.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 02:00:54 PM »

This is hysterical. In the span of about ten days, Republicans went from vastly overestimating Rick Perry, to seriously underestimating Rick Perry, and then on to overestimating Herman Cain.

It's not unlike the GOP to rush to judgement.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 02:04:45 PM »

for those thinking Obama would win the debate, can you give me an example of partial transcript of such a debate?  or list which areas Obama would win points on
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 02:10:04 PM »

for those thinking Obama would win the debate, can you give me an example of partial transcript of such a debate?  or list which areas Obama would win points on

How would Cain debate foreign policy with Obama at all? He clearly knows little to nothing about the subject. He didn't even know what the Palestinian right of return is.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 02:12:14 PM »

look, we've got a another couple of months to try different models.  it's just part of the process.  and unlike Palin in 2008, this time we get to kick the tires and test drive it around the track several times.  we aint sweating the general, after all, obama is stalled in his Volt.  instead, we're planning on doing some serious damage to this welfare state, so we're searching for a Hemi V8 and not an in-line four.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 02:14:30 PM »

look, we've got a another couple of months to try different models.  it's just part of the process.  and unlike Palin in 2008, this time we get to kick the tires and test drive it around the track several times.  we aint sweating the general, after all, obama is stalled in his Volt.  instead, we're planning on doing some serious damage to this welfare state, so we're searching for a Hemi V8 and not an in-line four.

You seem to be under the strange impression that, even if Herman Cain was somehow elected President, any of his bizarre ideas would make it through Congress.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 02:23:28 PM »

You seem to be under the strange impression that, even if Herman Cain was somehow elected President, any of his bizarre ideas would make it through Congress.

what's bizarre about 9-9-9?  it makes the tax code vastly simpler, broadens the tax base, encourages savings, etc, etc, etc.  (bit of advice:  9-9-9 is too simple to explain and understand to attempt to muddy the waters by calling it "bizarre")

as far as getting it passed (*IF* he wins), that's going to depend on how large of a majority the GOP has in the Senate and how much of a mandate Cain wins.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 02:36:16 PM »

what's bizarre about 9-9-9?  it makes the tax code vastly simpler, broadens the tax base, encourages savings, etc, etc, etc.  (bit of advice:  9-9-9 is too simple to explain and understand to attempt to muddy the waters by calling it "bizarre")

as far as getting it passed (*IF* he wins), that's going to depend on how large of a majority the GOP has in the Senate and how much of a mandate Cain wins.
And you think something simple can get through both houses unchanged?  Think about what the senate will do to Cain's darling, assuming he can get elected.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 02:38:55 PM »

And you think something simple can get through both houses unchanged?  Think about what the senate will do to Cain's darling, assuming he can get elected.

again, depends on the composition of the Senate and if Cain has a mandate
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 02:57:06 PM »

I guess if he could handle Abel, then Cain could also handle Obama.  

Hard to predict Obama since his uplifting, post-partisan message from 2007/08 can no longer be used.  I assume he'll be nuanced and professorial.  Cain is an easier call.  He'll keep it more succinct and plain-spoken.  While that appeals to voters, Cain will also be at a serious disadvantage because he's not long on policy experience.  And he has stated publicly that he likes his debate advisors to leave him alone.  In one debate, or in a series of short debates, Cain wins, but in a series of complex or long debates, I think Obama has the advantage.  
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies