post Q3 fundraising #s here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:44:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  post Q3 fundraising #s here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: post Q3 fundraising #s here  (Read 5383 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2011, 12:06:48 AM »

The quarter will end in a day.  Campaigns will announce their numbers shortly thereafter.

Romney campaign is saying they'll have raised $13-14 million:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-09-30/romney-said-to-raise-up-to-14-million-for-campaign-in-quarter.html
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 09:08:59 AM »

Ron Paul has raised "more than 5 million":

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/30/texas-rep-ron-paul-brings-in-over-5-million-in-3rd-quarter
I Am Feeblepizza.
ALF
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 09:12:06 AM »

According to his website, Fred Karger raised something like $85,000.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 11:26:45 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2011, 12:13:35 PM by Averroës Nix »

First, apologies for linking to the New York Post.

Santorum didn't reach one million. Again.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 05:17:55 PM »

According to his website, Fred Karger raised something like $85,000.

I'd be surprised if he raised $85.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 09:25:40 PM »

Paul's sending out fundraising emails saying 8 million is "in reach" for the quarter. Not sure if this includes his congressional cash being transferred over. If true though, does that guarantee him third place in the money race?

Wonkish1

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 01:45:42 AM »

Paul's sending out fundraising emails saying 8 million is "in reach" for the quarter. Not sure if this includes his congressional cash being transferred over. If true though, does that guarantee him third place in the money race?

I would say, most definitely. Cain may put up $6 million at the very best. But I find that unlikely.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 08:25:48 AM »

Cain hasn't given a specific number yet, but he says that he raised more in Q3 than the $2.1 million he raised in Q2:

link
I Am Feeblepizza.
ALF
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 09:32:15 AM »

It's far removed from the millions that Romney, Paul, and Cain have raised, but it certainly is a bit high for a candidate like Karger (being a gay liberal and all).
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 11:48:14 PM »

I would say, most definitely. Cain may put up $6 million at the very best. But I find that unlikely.

Well he has caught on somewhat more recently.  Those fundraising numbers from this could be divided between Q3 and Q4 having caught up near the end of September
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 12:21:59 AM »

Word is Cain pulled in $100 million this quarter.
Wonkish1

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 12:24:36 AM »

Well he has caught on somewhat more recently.  Those fundraising numbers from this could be divided between Q3 and Q4 having caught up near the end of September

I think too little to late. His move up was in the last couple weeks of Q3. That means that he probably brought in as much in those 2 weeks as he did the rest of Q3. Still that means that putting up more than $6 million is unlikely.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 03:34:05 AM »

Perry campaign says about 10 million, according to Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/03/us-usa-campaign-perry-fundraising-idUSTRE7925M620111003
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 12:07:22 PM »

I think too little to late. His move up was in the last couple weeks of Q3. That means that he probably brought in as much in those 2 weeks as he did the rest of Q3. Still that means that putting up more than $6 million is unlikely.

Do you think Cain's new found popularity is possibly long-term or just a side effect of Perry's honey moon wearing off with Cains supporters moving back to Romney or Perry come caucus/primary time?
Wonkish1

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 01:15:32 PM »

Do you think Cain's new found popularity is possibly long-term or just a side effect of Perry's honey moon wearing off with Cains supporters moving back to Romney or Perry come caucus/primary time?

I think it's a little bit of both. A lot of people liked Cain, but didn't think he had a shot at it. Then he had a great debate performance and simultaneously Perry had a horrible one. So the first group that moved over were ones that liked Cain already. Then as the clips and talks of Perry's horrible debate performance spread Perry supporters started moving over too.

Cain's got them until he screws up enough to lose them(more likely) someone comes up and steals his thunder(less likely).
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 04:58:29 PM »

Cain's a very likeable guy, but his policies are quite shallow. He's benefiting mostly from Perry's explosion (and going by a lot of the recent polls, Romney is suffering from Perry's destruction too now that Romney's supporters see non-Perry alternatives) and his fine performance in the Florida debate/straw poll. However, as we saw in May (when he was about as popular as he is now), he has several weaknesses, and in the long term (ignoring his positions) it would be his lack of any strong campaign infrastructure or grassroots movement. Perry had a great infrastructure just from the endorsements and money he was pulling in, Romney has perfected the use of efficiently using his boatloads of cash for maximum effect (his campaign has huge networks, and has managed to influence New Hampshire in a big way) rather than simply throwing lots of money at problems like he did in 08, and Paul actually has a very good campaign running this round, especially in Iowa. Cain's team just isn't that strong, and his influence in states where the campaigning as opposed to media favour counts more (the early states, Iowa and New Hampshire especially) will be limited. Thus, even if he is going into the beginning of the primaries with exceptionally good national numbers, he won't be able to get his foot in the door in Iowa or New Hampshire, resulting in the 1st/2nd place winners there becoming the "frontrunners".

Anyway, to get back on topic, Romney probably raised the most, followed by Perry and Paul (or Paul and Perry possibly if unlikely), then Cain.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 05:04:31 AM »

"Sources" in Perry-land say he raised over $15 million for the quarter:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65108.html

Still no official statement on this though.
Wonkish1

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 05:55:04 AM »

"Sources" in Perry-land say he raised over $15 million for the quarter:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65108.html

Still no official statement on this though.

This is weird though. Perry raising over $15 million would be front page news in most campaign oriented news sources. Putting as an after thought to a story about the deputy campaign director leaving doesn't seem right.

Also, I don't think there is campaign out there capable of not leaking the fact that they have actually beaten their opponent(Romney) in the fundraising raise. As soon as the campaign tried to go out and say that its "over $10 million" giving rise to speculation that its under Romney's total there would have been a handful of people who couldn't help themselves, but to blather away to the press about how they really beat Romney's numbers, but Perry's camp is just trying to keep expectations low ahead of their announcement.
Wonkish1

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 07:34:08 AM »

OMG, $17 million!!!! For Perry!

Headline of Drudge.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 07:36:49 AM »

He did have an amazing run... then the wheels have only just fallen off the cart - next quarter will be the important one for Perry's chances.
Wonkish1

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 07:47:08 AM »

He did have an amazing run... then the wheels have only just fallen off the cart - next quarter will be the important one for Perry's chances.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 12:21:06 PM »

Ron Paul just announced 8 Mio. $ raised in the 3rd quarter:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/05/8169731-paul-raises-8-million-for-the-quarter-campaign-says
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 03:07:43 PM »

Remarkably, Perry's only spent $2 million of his $17 million raised, so he's got plenty of cash in reserve:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65199.html

Wonkish1

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »

Remarkably, Perry's only spent $2 million of his $17 million raised, so he's got plenty of cash in reserve:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65199.html

I know I read that, too. That is a remarkably slow burn rate for a campaign pulling in that kind of money.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 05:27:01 PM »

I'm positive that Perry is going to bounce back. All he needs is debate coaching, and for Romney to get tripped up on his health law.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies