Will Obama choose to run for reelection in 2012?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:31:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will Obama choose to run for reelection in 2012?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If it becomes evident US is in double dip recession, will he withdraw in early '12?
Yes, if clear US is in double dip

Only if hell freezes over

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Will Obama choose to run for reelection in 2012?  (Read 1228 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2011, 01:46:00 PM »

go...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »

You sure like double dipping, cowboy.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 02:13:31 PM »

"Republicans For Recession"
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »

I don't get it. You want Americans to go through turmoil?
Are millions of people losing their homes and jobs worth it if the label of our leader is "Republican"?

Anyway, unless there is some huge scandal or if he gets killed somehow, President Obama is running in 2012.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 02:40:23 PM »

Don't worry, Herman Cain and his wisdom will save you.
milhouse24
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 02:44:20 PM »

I think its insulting that Obama and liberals in SF are asking the govt to "Raise my Taxes" - there are millions of Americans who are unemployed and just barely surviving, and some rich liberal in SF wants his taxes raised?

Why doesn't he walk around his city and donate his millions to some charities and needy people.  Liberals need to understand that Government is not the answer and that red tape kills tax money.  Why don't these rich liberals just give money directly to the people who need it?  Or will that be too easy?  If he wants to help someone pay for college, just do what Peter Thiel did and give out thousands to smart young entrepreneurs. 

They just continue to insult hard working Americans with the raise my taxes BS.  Obama had a chance to raise taxes for rich people back in December, and he fought Harry Reid on it, and used Bill Clinton as cover to keep those tax breaks for millionaires. 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »

Are millions of people losing their homes and jobs worth it if the label of our leader is "Republican"?

no, I didn't want another recession, which is why I argued for a different mix of stimulus and economic policy.  You're guy screwed the pouch and now the party is about to take a very dark turn for millions of Americans.

...but, don't worry, we'll straighten it all out in about....oh, say, 13 months from now, give or take a few days.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 03:26:38 PM »

I'm thinking it will be a cold day in hell.  At least he acts like a candidate.  He's starting to make good on some of his promises, now that he's hovering around 40%.  I know you don't agree with what he promised (e.g., tax increase for 250K-plus families; suspend Don't Ask; jobs package, etc.), but many did support him based on his campaign promises, and he seems to have had his memory jogged by that.  Also, he's still rolling up his sleeves and trying to talk like a factory worker every chance he gets.  Drinkin' beer, too.  And not just with Harvard professors.  Seems like a candidate to me.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 03:32:51 PM »

Well, I'm talking late Spring 2012 time frame....when his approvals are in the low 30's and  reading the business page turns Obama's face a couple of shades lighter.

Something tells me Obama isn't going to be very gracious as he stares defeat in the face, he may even cut into a couple of crackers by dropping the race card here and there.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 03:34:44 PM »

Misleading poll options.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 03:41:13 PM »

Well, I'm talking late Spring 2012 time frame....when his approvals are in the low 30's and  reading the business page turns Obama's face a couple of shades lighter.

Something tells me Obama isn't going to be very gracious as he stares defeat in the face, he may even cut into a couple of crackers by dropping the race card here and there.

Wow, your hate is insane.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 03:43:03 PM »

Not going to happen. Besides, if he's so easy to beat as so many are saying, why would you want this to happen?

I really wonder what some Republicans will do if Obama wins re-election, there certainly will be a lot of anger.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 03:44:20 PM »

Consider I'm about to move up to picking the next leader of the free world, you should be more polite.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 03:56:43 PM »

Consider I'm about to move up to picking the next leader of the free world, you should be more polite.

Your sacrifice shall not be forgotten.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 04:23:34 PM »

he may even cut into a couple of crackers by dropping the race card here and there.

LOL.  Feeling a little provocative today, are you?

Obama is a smooth operator.  Not easily panicked.  That may be masking a "I shall not seek, nor will I accept my party's nomination" moment, but no evidence yet.  I think a double dip is in the works, but much depends upon decisions made by legislators in other countries.  He didn't get much concession in Seoul last year, you may remember, and does not appear to have much pull now.  If it starts to look like a "realignment" election and/or a blowout, he may be under pressure from some party bosses to step aside, but they only need to look over at Biden to be reminded that things could be worse.  And besides Biden, who would the DNC nominate?  They'll beg Obama to run, even if Obama starts to make noises about not wanting to.

Anyway, he knew it was about to hit the fan when he took office, and he knew it would be four dark years for everyone.  Of course that meant an easy victory for him back then, but he's smart enough to have known that it also meant an uphill battle for re-election.  For all his faults, I think he has the stones to take defeat graciously enough.  Besides, he knows he has a job waiting for him with Zbigniew Brzezinski's consulting outfit if he loses. 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 05:05:48 PM »

he may even cut into a couple of crackers by dropping the race card here and there.

that was my Kevin Bacon routine from A Few Good Men:  "He'll try a little misdirection.
Astonishing stories of rituals.  Dazzle you with official-sounding terms like 'Code Red'. He may even try to cut into a few officers.  He has no evidence, but it'll be entertaining."
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 01:25:09 PM »

I think cutting into the crackers is coming in a few months.  But, right now, Obama is more focused on encouraging rioting and general uncleanliness.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 03:37:11 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2011, 03:39:22 PM by jmfcst »

LOL.  Feeling a little provocative today, are you?

I think cutting into the crackers is coming in a few months.  But, right now, Obama is more focused on encouraging rioting and general uncleanliness.

well, I was wrong, he's already reaching for the crackers:

link
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 06:08:33 PM »

Disgraceful and unbecoming of the office he holds. Obama should have that conversation with Cain, Rubio and Jindal, just to name three prominent Republicans of color.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies