Santorum and Obama - Who's Next 2005 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:21:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Santorum and Obama - Who's Next 2005 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum and Obama - Who's Next 2005  (Read 13466 times)
danwxman

« on: December 21, 2004, 12:04:07 AM »

Santorum is going to shape our world? God help us.

My thoughts exactly.
danwxman

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 08:22:31 PM »

Spector is the most popular PA politician, not Santorum.
danwxman

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 04:01:45 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

His ratings are usually the highest in Pennsylvania. I'm sorry but I don't care what Schumer and Clinton have in NY. That's really not of my concern when discussing a PA Senate race.

1) I will stick by my statement that Santorum has not drifted further to the right.

2) Conservative Dems in the west are in heavily unionzed areas but that hasn't stopped them from supporting him in the past and doesn't stop them from saying that they approve of the job he is doing now. Once again, have fun arguing with the facts.

First off, he doesn't go on anti-gay tirades.

Secondly, people do know of his comments. It was all over the news. Guess what? His approval ratings stayed the same. Yes, I'll say it again: Argue with the facts.

Guess what? His dissaproval numbers jumped when he said that.
danwxman

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 04:17:22 PM »

His ratings are usually the highest in Pennsylvania. I'm sorry but I don't care what Schumer and Clinton have in NY. That's really not of my concern when discussing a PA Senate race.

1) I will stick by my statement that Santorum has not drifted further to the right.

2) Conservative Dems in the west are in heavily unionzed areas but that hasn't stopped them from supporting him in the past and doesn't stop them from saying that they approve of the job he is doing now. Once again, have fun arguing with the facts.

Secondly, people do know of his comments. It was all over the news. Guess what? His approval ratings stayed the same. Yes, I'll say it again: Argue with the facts.

Where are his latest approval/disapproval ratings, dan?

lol, I showed you the article....gosh it must have been three times...that said his disapproval numbers jumped up after those comments. Go look for it yourself this time.
danwxman

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 04:36:48 PM »

Where are his latest approval/disapproval ratings, dan?

lol, I showed you the article....gosh it must have been three times...that said his disapproval numbers jumped up after those comments. Go look for it yourself this time.

Hmmmm...I really liked how the article just stated "Yeah by the way, Santorum's disapproval numbers are up, up, up!" without showing the polls details. Sorry. When discussing this, I like to see the actual results. Until otherwise, I will continue to state that Santorum has some of the highest approval ratings and the lowest disapproval numbers of those officials rated.

The article didn't quote his approval numbers either, just said they were nearly steady. What's your point?
danwxman

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 12:56:33 AM »

Why do they say that they approve of the job he is doing if he's so "anti-union?"

Not sure what his approval among unionists are, but I would pretty much bet its lower.

The PA Senate race is decided by all eligible voters, not just union members.

Yes I know that, but you have said on many occasions that the way Santorum will make up for the Moderate Republicans vote against him is through Conservative Dems in Western PA.  However, many of those Conservative Dems are Union Members.  So how is Santorum going make up for those Moderate Reps that defect from him through Conservatve Unionized Dems in Western PA?//

The union conservative Dems voted Bush by a small margin --- that doesn't mean they will support Santorum. I think they voted Bush at the Presidential level (because of terrorism and social issues) but this *doesn't* mean they would support Santorum because of those same issues. If the Democrat is popular out there and he hammers the Bush economic record...he could very easily win those conservative Dems.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies