Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 09:29:01 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2013 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderator: Tender Branson)
| | |-+  KY: Survey USA: Gov. Beshear's lead still increasing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: KY: Survey USA: Gov. Beshear's lead still increasing  (Read 2534 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2011, 01:33:43 am »

New Poll: Kentucky Governor by Survey USA on 2011-09-27

Summary: D: 57%, R: 26%, U: 9%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:34:57 am »

Wow, he could even hit 60% ... Tongue
Talleyrand
TexasDemocrat
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 07:40:40 am »
Ignore

Why is he doing worst in Eastern Kentucky? Isn't that one of the places of most strength for Kentucky Dems?

Heimdal
HenryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 09:15:19 am »
Ignore

I don't know much about the politics of Kentucky, so could somebody explain what sort of Democrat Beshear is, and why he is so popular?
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 09:33:15 am »
Ignore

Why is he doing worst in Eastern Kentucky? Isn't that one of the places of most strength for Kentucky Dems?

Yeah, but it's possible that the traditionally Republican areas not so far away are being included in the East for polling purposes.

Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 09:50:03 am »
Ignore

I don't know much about the politics of Kentucky, so could somebody explain what sort of Democrat Beshear is, and why he is so popular?

He's a typical Appalachian Democrat--moderate to conservative with a populist streak. To give you an idea,

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/12/02/1548034/creation-museum-to-get-wooden.html

Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 09:52:21 am »
Ignore

Eastern Kentucky includes both the populist coal areas which could very well break 80% for him and places like the Cincinnati metro area which will be relatively bad for him.

Talleyrand
TexasDemocrat
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 03:40:05 pm »
Ignore

Eastern Kentucky includes both the populist coal areas which could very well break 80% for him and places like the Cincinnati metro area which will be relatively bad for him.
Do you think they included the redder parts of Hal Rogers' district and South-Central Kentucky, which is heavily republican and Williams' home base?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:42:24 pm by TexasDemocrat »Logged

Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 08:07:49 pm »
Ignore

I think the (uber GOP) Cinci burbs are consdered North Central KY. Though he's doing surprisingly well there too. I'm very surprised at how well Beshear is doing in Western KY compared to the rest of the state too.

This all might be subject to high subsample MoE, though.

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 08:23:33 pm »
Ignore

It's more likely that it includes the south-southeastern parts of the state (i.e. western KY-05 and the little tail of KY-01). If you draw an imaginary line through Louisville to divide the state into western and eastern halves, it would include the areas where Beshear didn't do well in 2007:

redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 10:05:44 pm »
Ignore

He's a typical Appalachian Democrat--moderate to conservative with a populist streak. To give you an idea,

So in other words a DINO who should have been primaried a long time ago.
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 10:16:06 pm »
Ignore

Why would we want to primary a man who supported a project that brought jobs to Kentucky?
mondale84
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 10:38:16 pm »
Ignore

It's more likely that it includes the south-southeastern parts of the state (i.e. western KY-05 and the little tail of KY-01). If you draw an imaginary line through Louisville to divide the state into western and eastern halves, it would include the areas where Beshear didn't do well in 2007:

With these kinds of numbers, I can definitely see Beshear over 60 and taking 100+ counties...at this point I would be surprised if Williams won more than 12-15 counties...

"There are no men like me. There's only me."
realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 4.52

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 10:41:00 pm »
Ignore

So at this rate the map could end up like this?

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?fips=21&year=1999&f=0&off=5

Maybe Galbraith just portends Dem landslides?

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
asexual trans victimologist
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 11:51:32 pm »
Ignore

Why would we want to primary a man who supported a project that brought jobs to Kentucky?

Come to that, why would we want to primary a Democrat who can win statewide in Kentucky?

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

His idea of freedom is - it is a bad thing and should be stopped at all costs.

Nathan-land.  As much fun as watching paint dry... literally.
redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 11:52:21 pm »
Ignore

Come to that, why would we want to primary a Democrat who can win statewide in Kentucky?

Because he's not a Democrat in line with most of the party's positions.
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 07:22:47 am »
Ignore

Creating jobs is most certainly in line with the Democratic party's positions.
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 07:45:15 am »
Ignore

I think a strategy of the Beshear campaign is to only have debates with Williams and all of the minor party candidates. This as opposed to a one on one debate with Williams. This is a beneficiary for the Beshear campaign because it divides the anti Beshear vote and does not give it all to Williams.

redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 05:30:17 pm »
Ignore

Sure... building a creationist theme park I'm sure would really go down well with Progressives in other states.
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 05:53:43 pm »
Ignore

Sure... building a creationist theme park I'm sure would really go down well with Progressives in other states.

I'm a progressive in another state. I'm fine with it.
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 06:54:53 am »
Ignore

FYI, here's SUSA's regional breakdowns:

HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -5.30

P

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 05:21:00 pm »
Ignore

I'm a progressive from New York, and if Kentucky wants to build a creationist theme park that creates jobs, I say go for it!  It probably wouldn't be a place I would take my kids or go on vacation, but if people enjoy it, let them enjoy it.

"I believe we can keep the promise of our founders, the idea that if you’re willing to work hard, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesn’t matter whether you’re black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try.
-Obama
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 12:17:03 pm »
Ignore

I'm a progressive from New York, and if Kentucky wants to build a creationist theme park that creates jobs, I say go for it!  It probably wouldn't be a place I would take my kids or go on vacation, but if people enjoy it, let them enjoy it.

Besides, am I correct in saying no government funds wefre used to build the park? Beashear merely trumpted it a t ribbon cutting ceremony. BFD

Mybe he could run against McConnell in 14, or Paul in 16?

Talleyrand
TexasDemocrat
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 04:11:09 pm »
Ignore

Besides, am I correct in saying no government funds wefre used to build the park? Beashear merely trumpted it a t ribbon cutting ceremony. BFD

He could win, but he'd be at least 70; not a good age for a freshman senator. The Kentucky Democratic Party will have younger talent by then as well such as Jack Conway, Adam Edelen, and Alison Grimes. The popular outgoing auditor, Crit Luallen, is also a possibility.

Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 08:06:28 pm »
Ignore

He could win, but he'd be at least 70; not a good age for a freshman senator. The Kentucky Democratic Party will have younger talent by then as well such as Jack Conway, Adam Edelen, and Alison Grimes. The popular outgoing auditor, Crit Luallen, is also a possibility.

I didn't realize Beashear was nearly that old. Good call.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout