KY: Survey USA: Gov. Beshear's lead still increasing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:58:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY: Survey USA: Gov. Beshear's lead still increasing
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY: Survey USA: Gov. Beshear's lead still increasing  (Read 4677 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2011, 01:33:43 AM »

New Poll: Kentucky Governor by Survey USA on 2011-09-27

Summary: D: 57%, R: 26%, U: 9%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:34:57 AM »

Wow, he could even hit 60% ... Tongue
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 07:40:40 AM »

Why is he doing worst in Eastern Kentucky? Isn't that one of the places of most strength for Kentucky Dems?
Heimdal
HenryH

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 09:15:19 AM »

I don't know much about the politics of Kentucky, so could somebody explain what sort of Democrat Beshear is, and why he is so popular?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 09:33:15 AM »

Why is he doing worst in Eastern Kentucky? Isn't that one of the places of most strength for Kentucky Dems?

Yeah, but it's possible that the traditionally Republican areas not so far away are being included in the East for polling purposes.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 09:50:03 AM »

I don't know much about the politics of Kentucky, so could somebody explain what sort of Democrat Beshear is, and why he is so popular?

He's a typical Appalachian Democrat--moderate to conservative with a populist streak. To give you an idea,

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/12/02/1548034/creation-museum-to-get-wooden.html
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 09:52:21 AM »

Eastern Kentucky includes both the populist coal areas which could very well break 80% for him and places like the Cincinnati metro area which will be relatively bad for him.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 03:40:05 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2011, 03:42:24 PM by Talleyrand »

Eastern Kentucky includes both the populist coal areas which could very well break 80% for him and places like the Cincinnati metro area which will be relatively bad for him.
Do you think they included the redder parts of Hal Rogers' district and South-Central Kentucky, which is heavily republican and Williams' home base?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »

I think the (uber GOP) Cinci burbs are consdered North Central KY. Though he's doing surprisingly well there too. I'm very surprised at how well Beshear is doing in Western KY compared to the rest of the state too.

This all might be subject to high subsample MoE, though.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 08:23:33 PM »

It's more likely that it includes the south-southeastern parts of the state (i.e. western KY-05 and the little tail of KY-01). If you draw an imaginary line through Louisville to divide the state into western and eastern halves, it would include the areas where Beshear didn't do well in 2007:

redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 10:05:44 PM »

He's a typical Appalachian Democrat--moderate to conservative with a populist streak. To give you an idea,

So in other words a DINO who should have been primaried a long time ago.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 10:16:06 PM »

Why would we want to primary a man who supported a project that brought jobs to Kentucky?
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 10:38:16 PM »

It's more likely that it includes the south-southeastern parts of the state (i.e. western KY-05 and the little tail of KY-01). If you draw an imaginary line through Louisville to divide the state into western and eastern halves, it would include the areas where Beshear didn't do well in 2007:

With these kinds of numbers, I can definitely see Beshear over 60 and taking 100+ counties...at this point I would be surprised if Williams won more than 12-15 counties...
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »

So at this rate the map could end up like this?

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?fips=21&year=1999&f=0&off=5

Maybe Galbraith just portends Dem landslides?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 11:51:32 PM »

Why would we want to primary a man who supported a project that brought jobs to Kentucky?

Come to that, why would we want to primary a Democrat who can win statewide in Kentucky?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 11:52:21 PM »

Come to that, why would we want to primary a Democrat who can win statewide in Kentucky?

Because he's not a Democrat in line with most of the party's positions.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 07:22:47 AM »

Creating jobs is most certainly in line with the Democratic party's positions.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 05:30:17 PM »

Sure... building a creationist theme park I'm sure would really go down well with Progressives in other states.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 05:53:43 PM »

Sure... building a creationist theme park I'm sure would really go down well with Progressives in other states.

I'm a progressive in another state. I'm fine with it.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 06:54:53 AM »

FYI, here's SUSA's regional breakdowns:

HST1948

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »

I'm a progressive from New York, and if Kentucky wants to build a creationist theme park that creates jobs, I say go for it!  It probably wouldn't be a place I would take my kids or go on vacation, but if people enjoy it, let them enjoy it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 12:17:03 PM »

I'm a progressive from New York, and if Kentucky wants to build a creationist theme park that creates jobs, I say go for it!  It probably wouldn't be a place I would take my kids or go on vacation, but if people enjoy it, let them enjoy it.

Besides, am I correct in saying no government funds wefre used to build the park? Beashear merely trumpted it a t ribbon cutting ceremony. BFD

Mybe he could run against McConnell in 14, or Paul in 16?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 04:11:09 PM »

Besides, am I correct in saying no government funds wefre used to build the park? Beashear merely trumpted it a t ribbon cutting ceremony. BFD

He could win, but he'd be at least 70; not a good age for a freshman senator. The Kentucky Democratic Party will have younger talent by then as well such as Jack Conway, Adam Edelen, and Alison Grimes. The popular outgoing auditor, Crit Luallen, is also a possibility.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 08:06:28 PM »

He could win, but he'd be at least 70; not a good age for a freshman senator. The Kentucky Democratic Party will have younger talent by then as well such as Jack Conway, Adam Edelen, and Alison Grimes. The popular outgoing auditor, Crit Luallen, is also a possibility.

I didn't realize Beashear was nearly that old. Good call.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies