The Office of Captain Cathcon (Federalist-Mideast)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:58:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Captain Cathcon (Federalist-Mideast)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Office of Captain Cathcon (Federalist-Mideast)  (Read 8965 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 03, 2011, 07:26:14 PM »
« edited: April 05, 2013, 09:42:14 AM by Captain Cathcon »

I guess this'll be where I can put some stuff. Not quite sure what I'll do with this except maybe post some bill I try to pass, my commentary on something, and maybe in the future a campaign thread. I suppose I should give a picture to spruce things up a bit. I won't show a picture of my house, but I searched my town on Google images and came up with this, which I shall use.
This is my "home" in the game, where I shall sit back, take a few puffs of my pipe (If I'm old enough to run for office, I should probably be old enough to smoke in this game), read some biographies, and plot my comeback.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »

Hello. And this is my home in the game:

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 07:50:41 PM »

Wtf you guys have such nice houses Sad

My pad:

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 08:11:51 PM »

Hmph... haven't seen mine yet Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:14:22 PM »

Is it that shack from Crocodile Dundee II? Tongue
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »

Oh honey child... you know better than that... Tongue
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 08:31:08 PM »

That's all you got?

My house.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 08:18:21 AM »

If you have any ideas regarding new bills, just PM me or any other Assemblyman. We'll take care of that. Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 05:02:23 PM »

If you have any ideas regarding new bills, just PM me or any other Assemblyman. We'll take care of that. Wink

I'll be sure to.

Also:

ATTENTION: I am in the process of completing an interview with professed far left newspaper Pravda. Upon completion of the interview and assumed subsequent publishing, it shall also be published here as a document of the Cathcon Legislative Library.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 06:38:33 PM »

Pravda interviews our favorite bourgeoisie tool, former Mideast Assemblyman Cathcon (RPP-Michigan)

Pravda: You're a former Mideast Assemblyman, currently out of office. Do you have any concrete plans for future political campaigns?
Cathcon: No, I do not have concrete plans. I had considered the possibility of a Senate run only just recently, but dropped it, remembering why I had decided not to run for re-electioin to the Assembly in the first place. I'd like very much to run for something in the future, however, as of now, I am not running for any office nor have I set my sights on a specific office.
Pravda: Since Mideast is the only region I never lived in (Tongue), would you like to tell me more about your region (demography, politics, problems, advantages)?
Cathcon: We are basically a right-leaning region, at least in my view. The right has held control of the assembly for as long as I've been active in it and the Governor, for as long as I've known, has been a member of the RPP. This is despite the fact that there is quite a lot of industry in thie region. Despite this, the Far Right, at least from my perspective, has never really gained a platform and our conservative Governors have governed pragmatically. Most of the non-RPPers in the assembly seem situated to the center.
Pravda: Please summarize your political positions and thoughts, what should we do to improve Atlasia.
Cathcon: I would say my political positions would be standard Conservative, though there are a number of issues where I could be either to the Right or to the Left of the party line. I have voted against a Marijuana criminalization bill proposed by my friend Assemblyman ZuWo. However, I also question some spending that is seen by some as automatic and "default". While I am personally opposed to homosexual unions, they are legal and it would be a waste of political capital to attempt to change that at this point. I have supported pro-life and pro-family legislation during my time in the assembly and hope to continue to do so in my career following.
In terms of improving Atlasia? That's a difficult question. Many have tried to answer it with different solutions, ranging from an Atlasian Civil War to a welcoming committee which I was part of, to the potential of a foreign war suggested to me by one of my fellow Atlasians in a closed door meeting. In my opinion, the Welcoming Committee, started, I believe, during the Tmthforu94 Administration, was a good step to welcoming newcomers to the country into the political discussions of the nation. However, it seemed at many points to be inactive and stagnant and I think that that could be revived and continued on a more regular basis with newer Atlasians, though from what I know the individual parties have a good record of attempting to court newcomers.
Pravda: Favorite and least favorite Atlasians?
Cathcon: Given my limited experiences in Atlasia, it'd be hard to label either a best or a worst Atlasian, in my opinion. Even those I've run into conflict with in my limited experience in the Mid-East I wouldn't label "HP's", espeically given their records of service and dedication to the country. Many of the Mid East citizens I've come into contact with have been very good, from Tmthforu94 to A-Bob, to Inks, to some of the newer members (you know who you are) and even to some ideological opponents. Also, I wouldn't label a "worst", or "least favorite" Atlasian. While it might be fun to gang up on someone, I haven't seen someone get ganged up on enough to decide to do it as well.
Pravda: Favorite music band?
Cathcon: I don't take much to modern music, being more interested in music by bands such as The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Rush, and Pink Floyd. I'd say my favorite would be The Doors. As opposed to the foreign invasions of bands like the very British Led Zeppelin, the Who, Pink Floyd, Yes, and others, and the invasion from the North by Rush (a good band) and that one Beaver thing, the Doors were a good ol' Atlasian Psychedelic Rock band back when rock meant something and psychedelic did as well.
Pravda: Obligatory opinion of opebo?
Cathcon: One of the great voices of opposition in today's world. However, the mere fact that he is in opposition to the establishment is not enough of a redeeming quality for him, given his previously controversial statements regarding those of my beliefs, whom he would have subjected to fascist-esque and in fact Roman forms of punishment and death.
Pravda: Equally obligatory opinion of new Christian BRTD?
Cathcon: I see no difference between him and the old BRTD except the old one wouldn't use Jesus to justify going to strip clubs and listening to bad music.
Pravda: How do you feel about the fact your party's presidential candidate, my buddy Duke, is considerably less conservative than you (in fact, according to PM score, he was once counted as one of the "leftist" Senators)?
Cathcon: While his PM score would rank him as a leftist, from my rather limited experience with him, it appears he is equally committed to the RPP and to the country's Conservative movement as other ranking members of the RPP. He is to the Right of Winfield and definitely to the Right of Snowyguy, and I believe that in this current election scenario, he is the best hope Atlasian Conservatism has.
Pravda: Bold precition. Who'll succeed Polnut?
Cathcon: From what I've observed, despite Duke leading in a less than recent poll, I think I'd have to concede it to Snowyguy, sadly. With the left unified and what look like a few converts from the seemingly defunct POP, as well as Winfield seemingly digging into moderate RPPers (as if duke wasn't moderate enough), I'd say that, sadly, the RPP ticket will most likely not be able to claim victory in the upcoming election.
Pravda: Opinion of the Polnut presidency?
Cathcon: I honestly, due to my political experience in Atlasia, have not been active in, or informed of, national affiars. However, after a brief perusal of the current debates in the Senate, and this is without much looking into the Polnut Presidency, it would seem he is a standard liberal, and we all know that can't be good.
Pravda: Last, but not least, is Amanda Knox guilty or innocent?
Cathcon: I'm too busy giving interviews and dusting the bookshelves of my library to watch the news.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 01:16:12 PM »

Well, looks like I'll be packing my bags for Niagra Falls, New York, located in the North East! This is due to the RPP Convention taking place there.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 02:13:26 PM »

Here ye! Here ye! I am offering my support for Occupy Atlasia, in protest of some of the un-Democratic actions of my own regional government here in the Mid East, which, unsurprisingly includes the decision not to count the votes some have submitted due to stringent and un-Atlasian requirement!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 02:18:59 PM »

Here ye! Here ye! I am offering my support for Occupy Atlasia, in protest of some of the un-Democratic actions of my own regional government here in the Mid East, which, unsurprisingly includes the decision not to count the votes some have submitted due to stringent and un-Atlasian requirement!

Just don't try to be a horse next time when you vote. It's THAT simple. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 02:39:40 PM »

Sue
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 02:42:31 PM »

(Our regional judge appears to have taken an extended holiday ... Tongue)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 09:21:54 PM »

Well? I am growing bored of my current state of temporary retirement. I do not plan on running in this next election cycle. However, I do intend on acting following that. Any ideas? Should I start a newspaper? Run for the assembly? Run for Senate? Run for Governor? Any ideas on how I should plan my career in the future?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 09:55:44 PM »

Run for something.

Newspaper is a cool idea to start active involvement again Smiley
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 10:49:22 PM »

Well? I am growing bored of my current state of temporary retirement. I do not plan on running in this next election cycle. However, I do intend on acting following that. Any ideas? Should I start a newspaper? Run for the assembly? Run for Senate? Run for Governor? Any ideas on how I should plan my career in the future?
.sdrawkcab etirW
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 06:36:04 AM »

If you're really bored then just reconsider your decision not to run for the Assembly. With MOPolitico's election to the Senate, there's a vacancy. We should have at least 5 people running for the seats, so your candidacy would be helpful. If you get elected, write new bills and contribute to an active region.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 07:38:46 PM »

If you're really bored then just reconsider your decision not to run for the Assembly. With MOPolitico's election to the Senate, there's a vacancy. We should have at least 5 people running for the seats, so your candidacy would be helpful. If you get elected, write new bills and contribute to an active region.

That's one of my problems. I proposed a grand total of one bill during my tenure, that having been inspired from something back in my first term. My ambitions seem to be mis-directed.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 09:09:06 AM »

That's one of my problems. I proposed a grand total of one bill during my tenure, that having been inspired from something back in my first term. My ambitions seem to be mis-directed.

You're a creative mind. I'm sure you're able to come up with a couple of new ideas for useful bills. No one expects you to work the way Marokai works in the Senate anyway; you don't have to introduce 26 bills at a time. Think about it. It would be positive to have you as an active Assemblyman in the Mideast.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 10:22:28 AM »

You can be The People's field reporter.  I'll give you a high-rise office and six figure salary Tongue
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 02:42:13 PM »

I'd love to see a newspaper that updates frequently about election and political affairs of Atlasia, maybe even specifying in the Mideast.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »

Yes, Mideast needs a good paper.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 08:08:41 PM »

I hadn't taken the option seriously, only throwing it out there, but I just might consider it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies