who will win the 2016 Democratic nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:14:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  who will win the 2016 Democratic nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: who will win the 2016 Democratic nomination?
Mark Warner

Andrew Cuomo

Cory Booker

Hillary Clinton

Al Gore

Barack Obama

Tim Kaine

Russ Feingold

Bernie Sanders

Joe Biden

Alexi Giannoulias

Gavin Newsom

Jon Tester

Brian Schweitzer

Martin O'Malley

Bob Casey, Jr.

Evan Bayh

Claire McCaskill

Dennis Kucinich

Michelle Obama

other/none

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: who will win the 2016 Democratic nomination?  (Read 14758 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 07:18:15 AM »

I would love to see John Hickenlooper take a go at it.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »

I hope to God it isn't that right-winger Cuomo.

they are all right wing, this is the Democratic party.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 04:35:57 PM »

If Hickenlooper runs, he'd be great.
Indy Prez
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 03:30:54 PM »

Hillary's already ruled out a run, so I think Schweitzer'll win and pick her as his running mate.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2011, 01:57:57 AM »

I hope to God it isn't that right-winger Cuomo.

they are all right wing, this is the Democratic party.
Sanders is a left-winger. Kucinich would probably be too in some alternate reality where he is not an elf.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2011, 02:02:20 PM »

Sanders (and Kucinich) are just relatively normal popular front/ social democrat types.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 04:09:44 PM »

My gut feeling is Hillary, or if she doesn't run, Cuomo. Though I'd prefer Schweitzer, O'Malley, or Warren.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2011, 04:52:32 PM »

Schweitzer is my dark horse candidate but also watch out for Martin O'Malley and Deval Patrick for dark horses.
FloridaRepublican
justrhyno
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2011, 05:38:01 PM »

LOL I said Gavin Newsom. I don't know why I said that. It'll probably be Schweitzer or Cuomo.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2011, 08:18:33 PM »

Game is between Schweitzer (although I think that he'll run for Baucus' seat), O'Malley and Cuomo. Female candidates can be Klobuchar and Sebelius, although I think that there we'll be efforts to draft Baldwin and Warren if they get into Senate. Patrick can be Vice President to Schweitzer, Sebelius and Klobuchar.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 07:00:12 PM »

Cuomo is certainly the frontrunner, but I could see someone like Brian Schweitzer pick up traction. So one of those two.
Bluegrassball
Rookie

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2011, 07:18:21 PM »

If Elizabeth Warren beats Scott Brown on election night 2012, the 2016 buzz will begin the next morning.

Cuomo and Warren will be the two the media initially focus on throughout the 2nd term (ala Romney and Huckabee) this past cycle, but I definitely see somebody like Schweitzer make some noise very early and quickly rising to the top tier.

O'Malley and Warner are sort of intriguing, but I just don't think they have the pizzazz to make it all the way.

If Feingold runs he will immediately start off with a good chunk of solid support that will be sustained throughout, but I'm not sure if it goes much beyond that-- ala Ron Paul.

JMO
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2011, 09:05:09 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2011, 09:07:25 PM by Joementum »

If Elizabeth Warren beats Scott Brown on election night 2012, the 2016 buzz will begin the next morning.
Warren's a no-brainer to get the convention keynote.  I assume she'll hit it out of park and, given Obama's own path, the chatter will start then and there.

Cuomo and Warren will be the two the media initially focus on throughout the 2nd term (ala Romney and Huckabee) this past cycle, but I definitely see somebody like Schweitzer make some noise very early and quickly rising to the top tier.
Romney and Huckabee? You're leaving out someone the media focused on for a while, no?  But perhaps Christie is a better comparison than Palin.  I doubt they'll let Hillary say "no" less definitively or fewer times than they forced Christie to.  Speaking of him, Schweitzer has a similar plainspoken appeal, albeit Western instead of Jersey.  But he may not have the vacuum that almost sucked Christie into the race.  Also Biden seems to be interested and will be able to get himself chatted about.  

O'Malley and Warner are sort of intriguing, but I just don't think they have the pizzazz to make it all the way.
Like trying win at Antietam.

If Feingold runs he will immediately start off with a good chunk of solid support that will be sustained throughout, but I'm not sure if it goes much beyond that-- ala Ron Paul.
But Feingold would have a much higher ceiling than Paul who is anathema to a majority of his party.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, 10:37:09 PM »

Whoever manages to be just moderate enough to appeal to the right-wing Democrats while making the left-wing ones think they matter.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 10:39:52 PM »

Warren's a no-brainer to get the convention keynote.  I assume she'll hit it out of park and, given Obama's own path, the chatter will start then and there.

Romney and Huckabee? You're leaving out someone the media focused on for a while, no?  But perhaps Christie is a better comparison than Palin.  I doubt they'll let Hillary say "no" less definitively or fewer times than they forced Christie to.  Speaking of him, Schweitzer has a similar plainspoken appeal, albeit Western instead of Jersey.  But he may not have the vacuum that almost sucked Christie into the race.  Also Biden seems to be interested and will be able to get himself chatted about.  

Like trying win at Antietam.

But Feingold would have a much higher ceiling than Paul who is anathema to a majority of his party.
Feingold would be a viable candidate if he changes his mind about recall election. He gets the solid support + progressive hero vote then(that overlaps with Warren).
nkpatel1279
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »

Current or Former US Senators that are likely 2016 Democratic Presidential candidates.
Former-
Feingold(WI), the Bill Bradley of the 2016 Presidential Race. Popular with the grassroots but not with the establishment.
Current-
Warren(MA)- assuming she unseats Brown in 2012. will become a top tier candidate or drafted after the 2014 midterm elections. Warren needs to help Democratic Incumbent US Senators likely to face re-election campaigns in 2014, Begich-AK,Udall-CO,Harkin-IA,Landrieu-LA,Democratic Nominee for the Open MI Seat, Franken-MN,Baucus-MT,Shaheen-NH,Democratic Nominee for Open NJ seat, Hagan-NC, and Johnson-SD win in 2014 as well as the Democratic nominee against McConnell in KY, Chambliss in GA, and Cornyn in TX.
Klobuchar(MN),Gillibrand(NY) don't add anything to the ticket other than the fact they are intelligent attractive women.
Brown(OH)-Leading candidate for VP if Democrats nominate Warren-MA or Cuomo-NY.or Warner-VA
Warner(VA)-favorite among the establishment or media, charismatic former Governor/current US Senator from a key battleground state. Wealthy businessman.
Former or Current Governors
Former-
O'Malley(MD)- the Democratic version of Pawlenty. Campaign will before it begins, more likely to succeed Mikulski in the US Senate in 2016.
Patrick(MA)- more likely to run for Warren's vacant US Senate seat in 2018 assuming he does not succeed Kerry in 2014.
Schweitzer(MT), Lynch(NH) are populist Governors from small states. candidacy is unlikely to gain any traction.
Current-
Hickenlooper(CO)-similar situation as O'Malley,
Cuomo(NY)- front runner. along with Warren-assuming she gets elected to the US Senate.

exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2011, 05:17:48 AM »

I secretly want Giffords to run, but I doubt she is even going to run for her seat next year. Same with Tammy Baldwin, but she has to win her Senate seat first among other things.

Others:

McCaskill
Cuomo
Warren
Kaine
Warner
Sebelius
Feingold
Brown

I dont think Hillary will run again, and I dont know how I feel about Schweitzer yet.
hfred
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 5.81, S: -5.39

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2011, 11:32:44 AM »

If Hillary declines to run, then in my eyes the race is wide open.
Here are my top ten candidates for the Democratic nomination in 2016; (in no real order.)

Hillary Clinton,
Brian Schweitzer,
Martin O'Malley,
Kathleen Sebelius,
Russ Feingold,
Kirsten Gillibrand,
Deval Patrick,
John Hickenlooper,
Gary Locke,
Mike Beebe

I think any of these folks could give us a real good primary season. Any thoughts?

Where did you get Gary Locke from?
NY Jew

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2011, 11:12:46 AM »

I don't know if Cuomo could get the nomination but if he does he has zero chance of winning it (unfortantly for us that means he'll stay in NY)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2011, 04:10:45 PM »

Dont cut out Leon Panetta...
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2011, 09:20:42 AM »

Wat?
WAT?
WAT?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »

Panetta is nearly 75 isn't he?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2016, 04:01:48 PM »

Andrew Cuomo
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2016, 04:08:48 PM »

Elizabeth Warren.  Why are we even hacing this discussion?
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2016, 04:23:27 PM »

lmao Bayh got more votes than Sanders.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies