SENATE BILL: Right to Treatment Act (law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:12:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Right to Treatment Act (law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Right to Treatment Act (law'd)  (Read 2755 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: October 11, 2011, 02:33:07 AM »

Aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 02:23:47 PM »

The bill is fully constitutional, merely guaranteeing medicine to be available in accordance with the standards set in the ANHA.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 11:47:01 PM »

I think marijuana use should be fully legalized and regulated, but I will vote aye on this bill.

If I am elected president, I'd urge the senate to legalize marijuana usage.  Your right to consume a soft drug in a way that does not harm others should be protected by the federal government of Atlasia.  If you do not like marijuana, you have the choice to refrain from using it.

This is my problem with the Bill.. it's trying to straddle a middle-ground.

I support legalisation, so either go for legalisation or re-word the Bill. Otherwise it appears to create an unnecessary back-way to circumstantial legalisation.
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Marijuana_Legalization_and_Taxation_Act

It is technically legal but this bill guarantees that all patients can obtain medical marijuana in their region.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 02:35:33 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2011, 02:39:24 PM by Wolf Haley »

Pot isn't covered at all in the federal healthcare bill. At least, I saw no mention of it. That said, if it is already sold over the counter, is there a reason why we need to have a bill like this? Presumably states cannot restrict the sale of pot because it is a legal substance.

If we want to amend the healthcare bill to include this provision thats fine, but I don't understand why we are fearful that pot will be restricted. 

The law seems to be that regions can restrict it. I want to ensure that marijuana for medical purposes is not restricted. ZuWo already tried to ban medical marijuana alongside other members of your party.

It is a national interest to provide healthcare therefore the federal government is responsible for making the necessary treatments available. It is not up to the region's to decide what medically sound products are available or not. This is perfectly constitutional.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 04:52:56 PM »

Wait a minute; what was the point of all this? Isn't recreational marijuana already legal nationwide anyway?

Sort of. It is up to the regions to decide. I don't know if any region has banned it or not. This bill protects patient's rights no matter what though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies