Reassessing the keys (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:59:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reassessing the keys (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reassessing the keys  (Read 4432 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: October 08, 2011, 06:46:20 PM »

Solyndra and Fast & Furious definitely don't qualify as "major" scandals, which I interpret to mean Teapot Dome/Watergate/Lewinsky- level (did Iran-Contra turn that key?) Key 5 we probably won't know for several months. I suppose Key 8 could turn if Occupy Wall Street continues and escalates into something more serious.

The scandal key requires that the events directly touch the President: What did he know, and when did he know it? It's not at that point now.However, there is a back door to the scandal key, and that is if there is a widespread appearance of cabinet-level scandal; the "mess in Washington" that affected Truman's full (ie 2nd) term was enough to turn the key for 1952. Here is a description of those events from the Truman Library as told by newspaperman Gould Lincoln.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 06:53:59 PM »

And as far as foreign/military success, I can think of at least four without even trying:

1. Killing Osama Bin Laden and Anwar al-Awlaki
2. Libya campaign
3. Iraq War Drawdown
4. START

Capturing or killing bin Laden would have been sufficient for Bush, so I expect that it is sufficient for Obama, too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies