Reassessing the keys (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:00:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reassessing the keys (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reassessing the keys  (Read 4414 times)
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« on: January 11, 2012, 02:20:47 PM »

Changes in bold, in the wake of Solyndra and the impending double dip:

Outlining the Keys:

•    KEY 5 (Short-term economy): The economy is not in recession during the election campaign. (FALSE)

•    KEY 9 (Scandal): The administration is untainted by major scandal. (FALSE - Solyndra, Fast and Furious)

•    KEY 11 (Foreign/military success): The administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs. (FALSE)

That leaves us with 6-7 keys going against Obama, depending on how we judge health-care reform. I don't like the odds in this case

•    KEY 9 (Scandal): The administration is untainted by major scandal. (FALSE - Solyndra, Fast and Furious)

Is anyone still talking about either of these non-issues?

Changes in bold, in the wake of Solyndra and the impending double dip:

Errrr... what double dip?  The phoney right wing wet dream double dip that started last summer?

•    KEY 11 (Foreign/military success): The administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs. (FALSE)

It would be cruel of me to point out exactly how absurd this statement is.

The only people who care about Solyndra and Fast and Furious at this point are talk radio guys who are going to repeat them over and over again as we get towards November in order to drive up the base. Solyndra coming apart didn't cause an economic down turn. The only thing that seemed to of threatened such was the game played with raising the debt limit.

I fully expect Obama to play up his military and foreign policy successes (killing bin Laden, getting out of Iraq and Iraq not changing a whole lot for better or worse right after). He'd be a fool to let people forget these things. Heck, the Republicans muse in their debates about how there might be covert ops against Iranian nuclear efforts. If this is true or not, they're admitting right out that Obama might be up to something good on that front.

But yeah, the keys are an interesting game but I trust poll data more than them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies