Reassessing the keys (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:19:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Reassessing the keys (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reassessing the keys  (Read 4417 times)
Link
« on: October 10, 2011, 09:06:03 AM »

•    KEY 5 (Short-term economy): The economy is not in recession during the election campaign. (FALSE)

The recession ended in 2009 and the economy has been growing ever since.  Do you know something the rest of us don't?

•    KEY 9 (Scandal): The administration is untainted by major scandal. (FALSE - Solyndra, Fast and Furious)

No one I know is calling the chatter around Solyndra or Fast and Furious a "major scandal."  But I don't watch Fox News so that might have something to do with it.

•    KEY 11 (Foreign/military success): The administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs. (FALSE)

Link
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 09:12:48 AM »

Libya, because it still is ongoing and had a minimal US role (though a correct one), isn't a factor at all.

You are wrong.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/05/26/libya-nato-takes-lead-american
Link
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 01:43:12 PM »

Changes in bold, in the wake of Solyndra and the impending double dip:

Outlining the Keys:

•    KEY 5 (Short-term economy): The economy is not in recession during the election campaign. (FALSE)

•    KEY 9 (Scandal): The administration is untainted by major scandal. (FALSE - Solyndra, Fast and Furious)

•    KEY 11 (Foreign/military success): The administration achieves a major success in foreign or military affairs. (FALSE)

That leaves us with 6-7 keys going against Obama, depending on how we judge health-care reform. I don't like the odds in this case

Is anyone still talking about either of these non-issues?

Changes in bold, in the wake of Solyndra and the impending double dip:

Errrr... what double dip?  The phoney right wing wet dream double dip that started last summer?

It would be cruel of me to point out exactly how absurd this statement is.
Link
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 02:49:18 PM »

But yeah, the keys are an interesting game but I trust poll data more than them.

No doubt.  I just revived this thread because I was hoping by seeing some of the absurd utterances of the past certain posters would refrain from making the same mistakes in the future.  The Solyndra comments were mild partisan hackery.  I don't know what to say about the statement that Obama had no major foreign policy successes.  That statement was an indication of frank psychosis.

The economic pronouncement was what I was really concerned about.  All these people who called a double dip recession during the summer and fall have egg on their faces now.  The economy is going to go into recession eventually.  It might be a year from now or it might be five years from now.  No one knows at this point.  If you bet we were going into recession and pulled all your money out of the stock market when this brilliant thread was started at the beginning of October you would have gotten hosed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies