what percentage of the gay vote will Santorum get?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:02:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  what percentage of the gay vote will Santorum get?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: what percentage of the gay vote will Santorum get?  (Read 36214 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2004, 09:29:39 PM »

What I mainly have a problem with regards to Santorum is his blatent opposition to the right to privacy.  What he thinks about homosexuals may be hateful indeed, but he is entitled to think what he wants about them.   
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2004, 09:33:53 PM »

What I mainly have a problem with regards to Santorum is his blatent opposition to the right to privacy.  What he thinks about homosexuals may be hateful indeed, but he is entitled to think what he wants about them.   

Why can't you do that all the time? Your argument above was free of name calling and free of the disgusting stuff. Let's try to keep it that way. That's all I ask. I might disagree with your points but if we remain calm in our debate, we won't be at each other's throats all the time.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2004, 02:42:19 AM »

Santorum's comments were over the line but I really don't think he hates gay people. I hope that in one of the Senatorial debates in 2006 that someone asks Santorum "Do you hate gays?" so he can explain his full position. I truly believe that he is not a hateful man.

Just  look at what he said.  I know he is your hero and everything and you don't think he is capable of being full of hate, just look at the comments.  Those comments WERE AND ARE HATE

If he really hated gays, he would come out and say it. He speaks his mind. We already know that.

If he doesn't hate gays than why does he compare their lifestyle to beastiality?HuhHuhHuh

Just look at what he has said about them.  You don'y have to come out & say I hate you about someone.  If you constantly talk bad about them, completley belittle their lifestyle and compare their lifestyle to barbaric practices, that pretty much shows you hate that person or group of people.  And thats exactly whan Santorum has said about gays.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2004, 06:53:16 AM »

Santorum blatantly and obviously hates homosexuals.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2004, 10:50:10 AM »

Santorum's comments were over the line but I really don't think he hates gay people. I hope that in one of the Senatorial debates in 2006 that someone asks Santorum "Do you hate gays?" so he can explain his full position. I truly believe that he is not a hateful man.

Just  look at what he said.  I know he is your hero and everything and you don't think he is capable of being full of hate, just look at the comments.  Those comments WERE AND ARE HATE

If he really hated gays, he would come out and say it. He speaks his mind. We already know that.

If he doesn't hate gays than why does he compare their lifestyle to beastiality?HuhHuhHuh

Just look at what he has said about them.  You don'y have to come out & say I hate you about someone.  If you constantly talk bad about them, completley belittle their lifestyle and compare their lifestyle to barbaric practices, that pretty much shows you hate that person or group of people.  And thats exactly whan Santorum has said about gays.

Santorum has been criticized about this for quite some time. The man speaks his mind. If he really hated gays, he would just say it.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2004, 12:32:22 AM »

Santorum has been criticized about this for quite some time. The man speaks his mind. If he really hated gays, he would just say it.

Comparing their lifestyle to beastiality doesn't do that??
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2004, 12:39:06 AM »

Comparing their lifestyle to beastiality doesn't do that??

If Santorum really hated gays, he would come out and say it. He speaks his mind. I don't know how many times I have to say this to you, Smash.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2004, 01:06:29 AM »

Much like beastiality, homosexuality is disgustingly unnatural.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2004, 01:26:50 AM »

Many people find some heterosexual practices, even within a marriage, "disgustingly unnatural."
danwxman

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2004, 02:28:55 AM »

Much like beastiality, Southern culture is just disgusting.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2004, 02:33:29 AM »

So says a Pennsylvanian. Why does your sports arena in Philly have to have a jail?
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2004, 03:10:10 AM »

Yeah, we have mini-electric chairs in our arenas Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2004, 03:15:11 AM »

We have some rowdy fans, ok?  Tongue

So says a Pennsylvanian. Why does your sports arena in Philly have to have a jail?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2004, 08:19:17 AM »

'Disgusting' is a purely subjective term, refering to personal taste, so I won't argue with that.  I find religious disgusting - to each his own, eh?

But why would you say 'unnatural'?  What do you mean by that?  What're your arguments?  Just your socialized disgust reaction?  In fact it isn't unnatural, and even if it were, why is that a criticism?  Is your argument that sperm should only go into a vagina for producing offspring?  In that case is homosexuality any more unnatural than masturbation?  What're your views on masturbation and wives giving husbands BJs?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2004, 11:55:16 PM »

'Disgusting' is a purely subjective term, refering to personal taste, so I won't argue with that.  I find religious disgusting - to each his own, eh?

But why would you say 'unnatural'?  What do you mean by that?  What're your arguments?  Just your socialized disgust reaction?  In fact it isn't unnatural, and even if it were, why is that a criticism?  Is your argument that sperm should only go into a vagina for producing offspring?  In that case is homosexuality any more unnatural than masturbation?  What're your views on masturbation and wives giving husbands BJs?

I would describe those things as foreplay, within a marital relationship.  Even outside of marriage, these are part of the mating ritual and lead to procreation.

You can claim that, as part of biology, that reproduction is "natural," an evolutionary imperative, in fact.  A sizable part of the reasons, historically, for marriage, is to promote procreation, to encourage a "natural" act. 

A same sex relationship will not produce that result, as a natural act.  Artificial, perhaps, but not natural.
danwxman

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2004, 12:01:19 AM »

Homosexuality comes natural to homosexuals. The same way homosexuality happens to come naturally to some animals. BTW, only the most advanced species seem to have homosexuals.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2004, 12:14:38 AM »

Homosexuality comes natural to homosexuals. The same way homosexuality happens to come naturally to some animals. BTW, only the most advanced species seem to have homosexuals.

Would you care to back up your statement with, oh, what are they called, oh, yes, facts.

A subgroup within a species, either through choice or by an inherited trait, is an evolutionary dead end.  In the human species, a man and a man, or a woman and a woman, cannot naturally reproduce. 

Now that is a factual statement and is not is not a moral judgment.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2004, 12:17:12 AM »

I really could care less who is an evolutionary dead end and frankly can't see what it has to do with gay marriage.
danwxman

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2004, 12:18:18 AM »

Would you care to back up your statement with, oh, what are they called, oh, yes, facts.

A subgroup within a species, either through choice or by an inherited trait, is an evolutionary dead end.  In the human species, a man and a man, or a woman and a woman, cannot naturally reproduce. 

An article was posted just a few days ago about homosexuality being observed in animals. It is especially known to occur among Zebras and even Dolphins. That I learned from the Discovery Channel, as a matter of fact I thought that was actually common knowledge. I also remember reading a few articles online about it.

But again, I stand by my statement that homosexuality comes natural to homosexuals. Just as heterosexuality comes naturally to heterosexuals.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2004, 12:27:21 AM »

An article was posted just a few days ago about homosexuality being observed in animals. It is especially known to occur among Zebras and even Dolphins. That I learned from the Discovery Channel, as a matter of fact I thought that was actually common knowledge. I also remember reading a few articles online about it.

But again, I stand by my statement that homosexuality comes natural to homosexuals. Just as heterosexuality comes naturally to heterosexuals.

And those animals that practice it exclusively will not reproduce; I am aware that it can occur in nature, but that isn't evidence that it's not a learned trait.  I will again ask you to show some factual information that sexual preference "comes naturally?"  I'll include heterosexuality in that.

You "statement" is not suffient proof.

danwxman

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2004, 12:31:46 AM »

And those animals that practice it exclusively will not reproduce; I am aware that it can occur in nature, but that isn't evidence that it's not a learned trait.  I will again ask you to show some factual information that sexual preference "comes naturally?"  I'll include heterosexuality in that.

You "statement" is not suffient proof.

Did you learn that you were attracted to the opposite sex, or did it just come to you?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2004, 12:32:36 AM »

I really could care less who is an evolutionary dead end and frankly can't see what it has to do with gay marriage.

Any species has an interest in continuing its existence as a species.  We really must include humans in that.

The state, an organization of humans, on that basic level, has an interest in promoting this continuation.  Sorry, but that the basic part of it.
danwxman

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2004, 12:34:37 AM »

There's plenty of heterosexual humans.

I've actually heard the theory that homosexuality is an evolutionary reaction to overpopulation.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2004, 12:35:54 AM »

Did you learn that you were attracted to the opposite sex, or did it just come to you?

I, frankly, have never been able to answer that question; I actually have posted that before.  I would note that if I feel a need to pass my genetics on, my options are limited.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2004, 12:45:18 AM »

There's plenty of heterosexual humans.

I've actually heard the theory that homosexuality is an evolutionary reaction to overpopulation.

Possibly, but it does occur in environments that are not overcrowded.

You can make the argument in populations which are overcrowded, a crowded, closed environment, that homosexuality is a reaction to it.  You can also make the argument that, in a society where there limited access to the opposite sex, it might be a reaction to that.

Those things don't explain the situation, nationally, in the United States.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies