what percentage of the gay vote will Santorum get? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:08:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  what percentage of the gay vote will Santorum get? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: what percentage of the gay vote will Santorum get?  (Read 36231 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: December 24, 2004, 02:29:50 PM »

Depends upon whether he comes out before the election or not.

It's when someone realizes they can't win on the issues that they result to this stuff. Time to grow up opedo.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 03:58:49 PM »

I was gonna say the same thing.  As I have said before I think the man's bitter for being raped by a priest when he was a 12 year old altar boy.  I also think he loved it and he's trying to cure himself.

You're another one. DownTheCenter's comments are perfectly justified after the BS that you post. You have a sick mind and it's because you don't agree with the guy that you feel the need to post disgusting stuff. Hope you enjoy Majority Leader Santorum!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 01:32:26 AM »

I was gonna say the same thing.  As I have said before I think the man's bitter for being raped by a priest when he was a 12 year old altar boy.  I also think he loved it and he's trying to cure himself.

You're another one. DownTheCenter's comments are perfectly justified after the BS that you post. You have a sick mind and it's because you don't agree with the guy that you feel the need to post disgusting stuff. Hope you enjoy Majority Leader Santorum!

Should I post another pic so you can cry to your history teacher about me?

First off to opedo, I never said homosexuality is disgusting. I said BL's comments are disgusting.

Now for BL, what you say is so outrageous, so immature that it needs to be addressed. When someone has so much hate for another person, especially when they don't even know the person on a personal level, they should look into the problem that they have. Even Alcon, no Santorum fan, says your post is disgusting.

As for your pictures that you post, that's another thing that is a cause for concern. You can be a really sick person, BL and with that sort of BS, one could call you a troll.

I never cried to my history teacher about you. 1) If you knew anything, the man you are referring to isn't even my history teacher and 2) I never discussed you with any teacher. I don't know why you refer to that but I have no knowledge of ever bringing you up to a teacher. I've brought the points you produce up to other people, yes, but I don't think I'd have any reason to discuss the stuff you say with the person you're probably referring to.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »

GirlGoneWild...I mean..MickDemocrat..I mean Bicardi

You really need to chill with this disgusting garbage.

No one has posted anything 'disgusting' on here - it is Santorum's hateful bigotry that is disgusting.  He deserves worse vilification than anyone's resort to on this board.

Oh gee I was only joking vilifying him.  Of course I'm going to vilify Santorum until he leaves office which is hopefully January 20, 2007.  Hopefully after that date he will be a lobbyist so he won't screw over millions of people, just a few hundred.   

Only joking? So now we should go around saying that people we disagree with were raped by priests? Take your hate for the Catholic Church and Rick Santorum elsewhere.

And to opedo, yes what BL said was disgusting and only shows that he needs to have some problems addressed by a doctor. The stories he comes up with are absolutley sick. You might not see it because you also hate Santorum but any person with some sanity could tell that what he says is over the line. And he wonders why people call him names...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2004, 08:17:05 PM »

Sadly I think it's homegrown by his parents. And even sadder is there are millions of kids being brainwashed the same way.

I guess no one is allowed to be opposed to gay marriage anymore, Akno? No one should be able to say "I don't approve of a gay lifestyle?"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2004, 08:41:04 PM »

Sadly I think it's homegrown by his parents. And even sadder is there are millions of kids being brainwashed the same way.

I guess no one is allowed to be opposed to gay marriage anymore, Akno? No one should be able to say "I don't approve of a gay lifestyle?"

What exactly is the gay lifestyle? Snorting Cocaine and doing casual sex or something? This would be a shock to my gay friends, who are perfectly nice people. Many aren't even sexually attracted to men, just romantically - they just want to be able to someday be recognized as loving their partner.

Anyone who generalizes an entire group to one "lifestyle" is a blind fool who thinks that stereotyping poor behavior over an entire group is appropriate.

I assume, Phil, that is not what you meant to do. I hope, at least.

I do not mean what you stated. I think that just because I don't accept the idea of most gays that they should marry and some other things they do that I should be branded a gay hater or that I was brainwashed. 

Now just as you stated the generalization of gays is foolish, so is the generalization that someone like Santorum, who wants to preserve the insitution of mariage, is a gay hater. I'm tired of that. I'm also tired of hearing that Santorum was raped by a priest from some angry partisan who needs to seek some serious help. You don't say that about people.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2004, 08:53:51 PM »

What exactly is the gay lifestyle? Snorting Cocaine and doing casual sex or something? This would be a shock to my gay friends, who are perfectly nice people. Many aren't even sexually attracted to men, just romantically - they just want to be able to someday be recognized as loving their partner.

Anyone who generalizes an entire group to one "lifestyle" is a blind fool who thinks that stereotyping poor behavior over an entire group is appropriate.

I assume, Phil, that is not what you meant to do. I hope, at least.

I do not mean what you stated. I think that just because I don't accept the idea of most gays that they should marry and some other things they do that I should be branded a gay hater or that I was brainwashed. 

Now just as you stated the generalization of gays is foolish, so is the generalization that someone like Santorum, who wants to preserve the insitution of mariage, is a gay hater. I'm tired of that. I'm also tired of hearing that Santorum was raped by a priest from some angry partisan who needs to seek some serious help. You don't say that about people.

I don't think people should be branded that way.

I honestly must tell you that I don't buy "preserving the institution of marriage" for a moment. You are uncomfortable around gay people and reflect that in your political atitude.

I have no problem with that, but the institution of marriage alone suggests that you believe letting gays in would hurt it. So, this truly is a result of you being uncomfortable - I personally think it would improve the institution of marriage.

I personally don't care. It doesn't hurt my life, and it improves theirs. It isn't going to stop me from getting married, nor anyone else. Saying that gays would ruin the institution of marriage is saying that their love is of an inferior quality to heterosexual love. End of story.

What IrishDemocrat says is foul and horrible, and he should be ashamed of himself, but I still do not believe for a moment that you find heterosexual love on the same level as homosexual love.

Excuse me, Alcon but don't tell me that I'm uncomfortable around anyone if you don't know me personally. I am for marriage being between a man and a woman. I don't think that means I am suddenly uncomfortable around a certain group of people. If that is the case, I guess all those who oppose gay marriage on your side are simply hiding their dislike for gays, right?

As for BL's comments, I don't know why you would tie that in with the way I feel about love. It has nothing to do with the subject. I stated that I am opposed to gay marriage. Don't like that? Too bad. I want you to comment on whether or not Kerry or Dean think gay love is on the same level of straight love because after all they are opposed to gay marriage too....or are you just targeting me because I'm a Republican and a Santorum fan, Alcon?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2004, 09:05:42 PM »

Excuse me, Alcon but don't tell me that I'm uncomfortable around anyone if you don't know me personally. I am for marriage being between a man and a woman. I don't think that means I am suddenly uncomfortable around a certain group of people. If that is the case, I guess all those who oppose gay marriage on your side are simply hiding their dislike for gays, right?

As for BL's comments, I don't know why you would tie that in with the way I feel about love. It has nothing to do with the subject. I stated that I am opposed to gay marriage. Don't like that? Too bad. I want you to comment on whether or not Kerry or Dean think gay love is on the same level of straight love because after all they are opposed to gay marriage too....or are you just targeting me because I'm a Republican and a Santorum fan, Alcon?

First of all, I may be crazy, but I thought you previously have said that you are uncomfortable around gay people. I may be thinking of someone else. I would not accuse someone of something like this without further proof. The fact that you believe maintaining the dictionary definition of marriage over giving happiness to millions of people who feel that their love is "wrong" shows that your priorities are not with the latter. That says something.

I truly do not care what Kerry or Dean think on the subject. I am not them. However, I personally do not see what the "sanctity of marriage" is. The religiousness of it? Do you not think gay marriages are holy marriages? Or their love, for that matter, is worth that sanctity?

Do you, out of curiosity, believe that homosexual and heterosexual love is on an equal level?

In any case, I really do not care whether you like Santorum. I am "targeting you" (if that is what you call replying to your post) because I disagree with it, not because you like some random senator.

I said I would be uncomfortable if a gay person came up to me and started hitting on me as would most people.

And don't you dare say I'm denying happiness to anyone. Gay people can have happiness. Don't even go there. This is where people like myself are portrayed as "gay haters" because of those comments.

If you don't care what Kerry or Dean (members of your party) think, then we will end this conversation. You say you don't care what their position is because you are not them? Well you're not me either, Alcon. You obviously want to attack me yet refuse to acknowledge that some your fellow Democrats are against gay marriage, too.

If you want to target me, target Dean and Kerry and every other anti-gay marriage Democrat, Alcon. Don't be a hypocrite.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2004, 09:26:21 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You know me, Phil. Am I a party cheerleader? Really, because as far as I know, the only reason I am a Democrat is because my politics matches the party. Hell, I feel no deep love for my party or its members. I agree with them frequently, but there are a lot of people who I agree with and don't like.

Don't think I'm attacking you - I am not. I am trying to interpret what I see as your beliefs, and you are free to correct me. I have no desire to attack you, as it gives me no gain.

I'm not sure how not caring about what Dean or Kerry thinks of gay marriage is not acknowledging it. I do acknowledge it, in the same way I acknowledge that the capital of Iceland is Reykjavik and don't even remotely care. If they were on this message board, too, I would care, yet I don't.

There are many bad things I am, I am sure, but I am not a hypocrite. In fact, I'm not sure how if I was doing that it would be hypocritical since I'm not accusing you of not targeting some sort of group, but that is besides the point.

I disagree with their positions. If they were here, I would be having this same debate with them. And why would I not? You infer that I don't target Democrats because I agree with them - yet here I don't! What sort of political gain could I make from not attacking them? What sort of gain could I make from attacking you? I'm not a candidate for any office.

You are feeling personally attacked too easily here, I am afraid. I may be doing something I do not realize, but trying to understand your feelings on this is very different from what other people have done by attacking you and I am disappointed that you feel that I am doing the same thing.

You said earlier that you didn't care that Kerry and Dean were anti-gay marriage but you attack me for having the same position.

I have explained my position. I have stated that I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. That's final. You then tried your own form of generalization by saying I am against gay marriage simply because I am uncomfortable around gay people. That's what really started this debate. So stop saying you want to continue it to find out why I have this position. You know it now and you've known it before. And, finally, if you don't like generalizations, don't start making up some.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2004, 09:43:09 PM »

You said earlier that you didn't care that Kerry and Dean were anti-gay marriage but you attack me for having the same position.

I can't understand how anyone could possibly see the same issue as differently because someone is in their own party. That is a stupid concept that only partisan idiots could agree with.

Well I thought you kept ignoring it for that reason. You wouldn't address my point about that.

I understand that you think that, but my question is what you believe the sanctity of marriage is. I have never had anyone respond to this question - ever. Everyone always stops at your point. 60% of the population agrees with you, and this is the one issue I haven't been able to understand the opposition to. That is all I want to know - what you consider the sanctity of marriage to be.

The sanctity of marriage is the bond between a man and a woman. I believe it is a gift from God because through marriage, the love shared by two individuals, new life is brought into this world.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2004, 09:51:38 PM »

Never actually made up my mind on this issue but I would lean towards being in favor of civil unions.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2004, 02:00:45 AM »

The sanctity of marriage is the bond between a man and a woman. I believe it is a gift from God because through marriage, the love shared by two individuals, new life is brought into this world.

Alcon, traditionally, many denominations have taken this view of marriage, and, in all fairness to be a type of property contract.  Many people see the sole reason for marriage to be procreation.  It is biologically impossible for same sex couples to naturally procreate.

I really think marriage should be a contract of love

In that case, why don't same sex couples have their own little ceremony and proclaim that they are "married?" Two gay people can truly love each other without getting married. That's why I get angry whenever I see a gay couple on TV saying "We just want to get married because of love. Love is all we want to share." No that's not the situation. Benefits, taxes...THAT'S the reason. That's why I'd consider being in favor of civil unions but not marriage.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2004, 02:05:54 AM »

Alcon, traditionally, many denominations have taken this view of marriage, and, in all fairness to be a type of property contract.  Many people see the sole reason for marriage to be procreation.  It is biologically impossible for same sex couples to naturally procreate.

I really think marriage should be a contract of love

In that case, why don't same sex couples have their own little ceremony and proclaim that they are "married?" Two gay people can truly love each other without getting married. That's why I get angry whenever I see a gay couple on TV saying "We just want to get married because of love. Love is all we want to share." No that's not the situation. Benefits, taxes...THAT'S the reason. That's why I'd consider being in favor of civil unions but not marriage.
however, I do not think government marriage should be anything other than the taxes or whatnot. It is not the government's job to enforce moral standards.

But you just said that marriage is a contract of love. It looks like you left out the taxes and benefits in your earlier statements.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2004, 06:34:53 PM »

Santorum's comments were over the line but I really don't think he hates gay people. I hope that in one of the Senatorial debates in 2006 that someone asks Santorum "Do you hate gays?" so he can explain his full position. I truly believe that he is not a hateful man.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2004, 07:04:11 PM »

Santorum's comments were over the line but I really don't think he hates gay people. I hope that in one of the Senatorial debates in 2006 that someone asks Santorum "Do you hate gays?" so he can explain his full position. I truly believe that he is not a hateful man.

Just  look at what he said.  I know he is your hero and everything and you don't think he is capable of being full of hate, just look at the comments.  Those comments WERE AND ARE HATE

If he really hated gays, he would come out and say it. He speaks his mind. We already know that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2004, 09:33:53 PM »

What I mainly have a problem with regards to Santorum is his blatent opposition to the right to privacy.  What he thinks about homosexuals may be hateful indeed, but he is entitled to think what he wants about them.   

Why can't you do that all the time? Your argument above was free of name calling and free of the disgusting stuff. Let's try to keep it that way. That's all I ask. I might disagree with your points but if we remain calm in our debate, we won't be at each other's throats all the time.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2004, 10:50:10 AM »

Just  look at what he said.  I know he is your hero and everything and you don't think he is capable of being full of hate, just look at the comments.  Those comments WERE AND ARE HATE

If he really hated gays, he would come out and say it. He speaks his mind. We already know that.

If he doesn't hate gays than why does he compare their lifestyle to beastiality?HuhHuhHuh

Just look at what he has said about them.  You don'y have to come out & say I hate you about someone.  If you constantly talk bad about them, completley belittle their lifestyle and compare their lifestyle to barbaric practices, that pretty much shows you hate that person or group of people.  And thats exactly whan Santorum has said about gays.

Santorum has been criticized about this for quite some time. The man speaks his mind. If he really hated gays, he would just say it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2004, 12:39:06 AM »

If he doesn't hate gays than why does he compare their lifestyle to beastiality?HuhHuhHuh

Just look at what he has said about them.  You don'y have to come out & say I hate you about someone.  If you constantly talk bad about them, completley belittle their lifestyle and compare their lifestyle to barbaric practices, that pretty much shows you hate that person or group of people.  And thats exactly whan Santorum has said about gays.

Santorum has been criticized about this for quite some time. The man speaks his mind. If he really hated gays, he would just say it.

Comparing their lifestyle to beastiality doesn't do that??

If Santorum really hated gays, he would come out and say it. He speaks his mind. I don't know how many times I have to say this to you, Smash.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2004, 03:15:11 AM »

Much like beastiality, homosexuality is disgustingly unnatural.

Much like beastiality, Southern culture is just disgusting.

We have some rowdy fans, ok?  Tongue

So says a Pennsylvanian. Why does your sports arena in Philly have to have a jail?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 03:09:16 PM »

I can't understand how anyone could possibly see the same issue as differently because someone is in their own party. That is a stupid concept that only partisan idiots could agree with.

Well I thought you kept ignoring it for that reason. You wouldn't address my point about that.

I understand that you think that, but my question is what you believe the sanctity of marriage is. I have never had anyone respond to this question - ever. Everyone always stops at your point. 60% of the population agrees with you, and this is the one issue I haven't been able to understand the opposition to. That is all I want to know - what you consider the sanctity of marriage to be.

Are you that filled with hate? Tell me Phil, why should marriage be only between a man and a woman?

Don't tell me I am full of hate when you don't even know me. One of the main reasons why I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman is because of procreation.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2005, 03:34:36 PM »

Are you that filled with hate? Tell me Phil, why should marriage be only between a man and a woman?

Don't tell me I am full of hate when you don't even know me. One of the main reasons why I believe marriage should be between a man and a woman is because of procreation.

The next thing you know they'll be wanting to make birth control illegal again!

I don't approve of "the pill" but I would not call for it to be illegal.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2005, 03:35:39 PM »

So the elderly should not be able to marry??  Those that can't have kids should not be able to marry?

It is not their fault that they cannot have children. They aren't doing something unnatural that prevents a life from coming into the world.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2005, 03:50:46 PM »

So the elderly should not be able to marry??  Those that can't have kids should not be able to marry?

It is not their fault that they cannot have children. They aren't doing something unnatural that prevents a life from coming into the world.

So your the judge on whats natural and whats unnatural??

Well when we look at this situation, Smash, wouldn't you agree that a man and a man or a woman and a woman don't have the ability to create a child?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2005, 04:08:53 PM »

So your the judge on whats natural and whats unnatural??

Well when we look at this situation, Smash, wouldn't you agree that a man and a man or a woman and a woman don't have the ability to create a child?

You know what its not the gay person's fault either, its not their fault that they happen to be gay. 

We don't really know if that's true, Smash.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2005, 05:28:08 PM »

Yeah, that's it. I want to feel superior. Gays are suppressed in this country. They are not equal. Is that what you want to hear? I don't actually believe anything I just typed but at this point you guys are so convinced that people like myself and Santorum hate gays that maybe that will satisfy you.

Hey redefeat, how about abortion? You're Pro Life, right? Abortion doesn't directly affect you in anyway so why be Pro Life?

I used to have a lot of respect for you. However, now you come here and tell me that I hate people and want to feel superior. You should be ashamed of your comment.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies