Midwestern Marokai: Re-election~
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:24:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Midwestern Marokai: Re-election~
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Midwestern Marokai: Re-election~  (Read 4913 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 08, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
« edited: February 20, 2012, 12:23:57 AM by Mad Marokai, PPT »

Since the declaration from our Senator that he wouldn't run for re-election in the Midwest, we haven't really had much of a race here in the Midwest to replace him. So I've decided to change that!

The reason I decided to throw my hat in the ring is pretty simple: I want the Senate to do important stuff and believe that several ideas deserve to be introduced or need more debate. I believe many issues that aren't particularly sexy, haven't been resolved, so I guess I'm running to be the un-sexiest Senator there is.

• I support a National Initiative system, structured to take place every two months in off-months to increase activity and interest in Atlasia in the non-election months.

• I will introduce a Race to the Wiki contest system designed to incentivize wiki participation from the general population, increasing wiki accuracy and the overall number of edits.

• I will re-write the Consolidation Criminal Justice Act and Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act, because they are not at all "consolidated" these days and needs re-consolidated.

• I will introduce Constitutional Amendments to improve the importance of the Vice Presidency, possibly including electing it separately from the President.

• I will re-open the proposal to give regions more power over electing their own regional Senators.

• I will introduce a Constitutional Amendment to Americanize the constitutional ratification process, making any Amendment permanently passed by the federal Senate, but ratified or rejected whenever the regional legislatures desire.

• I will introduce a bill establishing the infrastructure for inner-party politics, including but not limited to, legally binding party primaries for federal and/or regional office, and the introduction of caucuses that would appear on voting ballots.

• I will introduce legislation to establish a committee on examining the possible reintroduction of the redistricting system.

• I support the establishment of formal deregistration procedure and making the Do-Not-PM list legally binding.

• I support the abolition of voter registration requirements and will a Constitutional Amendment to that effect.

• I will introduce legislation giving the Registrar General permanent authority of the Introduction to Atlasia thread, with the possibility of merging the Census Bureau and the Intro thread together for the purpose of reducing the overall number of stickied threads.

As for Domestic Policy:

• I will introduce a wide-ranging number of new credit card regulations.

• I will introduce legislation to amend the Traffic Enforcement Act of 2011, and instead implement a more sensible reform that guards against police brutality, while still prohibiting traffic cameras.

• I will introduce a very low and flat rate of across-the-board interest on all student loans provided by the Bureau of Student Finance.

• I will introduce legislation to amend the Nuclear Safety Act with additional safety requirements from nuclear power plants, including the replacement of all current back-up generators with generators that will last at least 72 hours in the event of a meltdown.

• I will introduce legislation to abolish wait-times for housing vouchers.

• I support a referendum in Oceania giving them the ability to choose between joining the Midwest or Pacific region.

• I will introduce legislation to get rid of the tax shelter loopholes that allow numerous companies to headquarter themselves in the same location.

• I will introduce reforms to the National Healthcare program to reduce frivolous lawsuits and examine doctor and hospital payouts.

• I will introduce legislation to improve and actually-make-useful the SEDZI Act.

Of course, I have to be elected first. Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 10:14:09 PM »

Didn't see this coming from a mile away Wink

Best of luck.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 10:15:15 PM »

Didn't see this coming from a mile away Wink

Best of luck.

Thanks Snowguy. You too, in your race. Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »

I'm afraid I can't vote for you, but...

E-N-D-O-R-S-E-D
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 10:27:10 PM »

I ENDORES YOU

Grin *hughughug*
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 11:07:23 PM »

The Senate has actually been quite nice lately. Oh well.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 11:09:57 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2011, 11:11:57 PM by Marokai Breakneck »

The Senate has actually been quite nice lately. Oh well.

I do actually want to compliment you on being a good PPT! I just think I could offer a different perspective on some legislation, and introduce things that haven't been brought forward.

(As well as be very dedicated Senator that wouldn't shy away from taking the time to work on fleshing things out.)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 11:37:08 PM »

It'd be amazing if you were in there.

Endorsed.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 12:21:38 AM »

Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 12:26:09 AM »

What are your views on the other person in the race?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 12:40:47 AM »

What are your views on the other person in the race?

I like him, he's a good guy. Tongue
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 01:35:48 AM »

Wait, there's someone else in the race?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 01:46:42 AM »

Politically we are as far away from each other as it could get, but since you have been a very creative and hard-working GM and since your platform looks well thought out with loads of interesting ideas (I don't agree with all of them, though), I endorse you!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 06:37:17 AM »

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 06:41:34 AM »

Sewer, yes. Tongue

PS: Are those actual congressional districts? Jesus Christ. Talk about being very.. deliberately drawn.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 10:35:41 AM »

Good luck. Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 10:38:16 AM »

Endorsed, FWIW.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »

OK, you're talking a lot about federal initiatives but what "for Midwest", your possible constituents?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 01:06:19 AM »

OK, you're talking a lot about federal initiatives but what "for Midwest", your possible constituents?

As I said in my initial post, I support a referendum for Oceania to decide whether they want to join the Midwest or the Pacific, which in part a reference to a bill passed by the Midwest legislature asking (or rather, demanding Tongue) for Oceania to be considered a Midwestern state.

I also have a history of supporting rural areas when it comes to basic infrastructure, which I plan to carry forward if elected. Such an approach benefits the Midwest more than any other region. More specifically I plan to find ways to expand and lower costs of electricity in rural and mountain areas, in the Midwest and across the country. I've only started researching this issue last night, however, and need more time to come up with a specific proposal, but rest assured it's on the chopping block.

All in all though I think the Midwest would be pretty happy with the proposals I put forward, whether they benefit just them, or everyone. I tend to reject the notion that a regional Senator's job is just to cater to the region they come from. What other regional Senators has done something like that lately, anyway? What Pacific-only project as Bgwah proposed? Or Mideast-only project that Officepark has brought forward? For all the talk of how the Senators must do things for their constituents it really isn't something most Senators do, and if they do it just comes across as petty. If it's a good idea for my region, why isn't it a good idea for every other region? If it's a good idea for the country as a whole, it also benefits the Midwest.

I'm confident the lives of all Midwesterners would be better under my proposals, even if it's not just them.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 01:07:19 AM »

Cross Regional Endorsement
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 01:08:25 AM »

Merci!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 10:23:19 AM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »

I can't wait to appoint Marokai chairman of ideas in my fictional administration! Oh the dreams I have! The dreams!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 03:44:12 AM »

I'd just like to thank Polnut for asking me to temporarily serve as AG. Hopefully I can clean up a few loose ends before the end of his Administration, at least. I invite anyone to ask me questions here, or in my confirmation thread, about anything you like.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 10:05:03 PM »

As an update to my becoming AG, I just spent an hour and ahalf making the statute page all shiny and updated. We were two months behind!

My eyes hurt. Sad Constitutional Amendment updates will come soon at some point. I'll have to track those down, but I'm taking a break now!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies