Will any New Deal or Great Society programs exist in a decade? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:55:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will any New Deal or Great Society programs exist in a decade? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will any New Deal or Great Society programs exist in a decade?  (Read 3178 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: October 10, 2011, 09:02:42 PM »

the programs for olds are politically untouchable. Social Security and Medicare will be funded, even if they have to get rid of NASA, NOAA, the CDC, FEMA, the State Department and the Coast Guard to do it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 11:31:21 PM »

the programs for olds are politically untouchable. Social Security and Medicare will be funded, even if they have to get rid of NASA, NOAA, the CDC, FEMA, the State Department and the Coast Guard to do it.

I love NASA but if keeping Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare meant getting rid of NASA, it'd be an easy decision. Now, the Defense Budget could definitely be reduced majorly. Not getting rid of the State Department--ridiculous--but I'm sure there's a lot of fat that could be trimmed from the defense establishment.
sure there's a lot of fat to be trimmed, but that's just the start of what would be needed. What I mentioned were just examples. If Americans aren't willing to  do anything to change Social Security and Medicare - and by all signs they aren't - it won't be long before these entitlement programs take up nearly the entire budget of the government.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies