Will any New Deal or Great Society programs exist in a decade? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:00:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will any New Deal or Great Society programs exist in a decade? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will any New Deal or Great Society programs exist in a decade?  (Read 3171 times)
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990

Political Matrix
E: -5.87, S: -2.87

« on: October 10, 2011, 12:33:51 AM »

At the rate things are going I really don't think so. I think we're going to see a new Gilded Age.
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 07:14:01 AM »

the programs for olds are politically untouchable. Social Security and Medicare will be funded, even if they have to get rid of NASA, NOAA, the CDC, FEMA, the State Department and the Coast Guard to do it.

I love NASA but if keeping Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare meant getting rid of NASA, it'd be an easy decision. Now, the Defense Budget could definitely be reduced majorly. Not getting rid of the State Department--ridiculous--but I'm sure there's a lot of fat that could be trimmed from the defense establishment.
LBJ Revivalist
ModerateDemocrat1990

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 08:34:21 PM »

At the rate things are going I really don't think so. I think we're going to see a new Gilded Age.

Tell me when we see their architecture and culture, and I will celebrate. But seriously, no, I think this "occupy Wall Street" stuff is the beginning of the left-wing reaction.

I'm not sure if I like that or not (it would destroy the TP, or destroy the country altoghethe).

Any cause that could that destroy the TP is a cause worth championing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies