Pawlenty: If I Had Known What Was Coming, I Would Not Have Withdrawn (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:42:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Pawlenty: If I Had Known What Was Coming, I Would Not Have Withdrawn (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pawlenty: If I Had Known What Was Coming, I Would Not Have Withdrawn  (Read 1712 times)
Bull Moose Base

« on: October 11, 2011, 10:02:57 AM »

Article here.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There was a topic about Pawlenty's withdrawal a week or so ago, and most posters seemed to think that the persistence of his signature lack of charisma would prevent him from surging. My opinion is that he'd have a fantastic opening to take advantage of now, but that he probably could not have lasted through September anyway because of poor fundraising.

And I agreed.  I think he wouldn't have had too much traction until Christie passed for the last time.  And even if Cain were still outpolling him, his fundraising would be picking up immediately after and he'd be well-positioned to grab a Cain fumble.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 03:07:07 PM »

I think there's a lot of people who passed on a run who if they had been the lone addition to this current field, might now be the frontrunner.  John Thune, Mike Huckabee, Mike Pence, Mitch Daniels, Bobby Jindal.  I could see any of them leading intrade at this point.  Still skeptical of Barbour though.  Never thought he had much chance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies