MOPolitico Mideast Senate Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:04:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MOPolitico Mideast Senate Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MOPolitico Mideast Senate Campaign Thread  (Read 2163 times)
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 11, 2011, 03:07:54 PM »

This will serve as my official campaign thread. Feel free to post any and all questions, comments, and concerns here.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 03:09:53 PM »

As my first act as a candidate, I would like to call for a debate between the candidates to be hosted as soon as possible.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:12:27 PM »

Not endorsed (not that it matters) but good luck.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:19:03 PM »

Excellent! This shakes up the race entirely so now we have two great candidates running for Senate. I have had the honour to serve two terms in the Mideast Assembly with you and I think you would be a perfect addition to the Senate.

Pragmatic, competent, persuasive - that's how I would describe you.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 05:41:32 PM »

As my first act as a candidate, I would like to call for a debate between the candidates to be hosted as soon as possible.
Sounds good. Welcome to the contest.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 05:59:42 PM »

Regarding the Constitutional Amendment currently before the regions:
I consider myself a regionalist. That is, I'm someone who believes that the regional governments have the primary responsibility for promoting the welfare of their citizens, while the federal government has more of a secondary, supportive role. I believe that is a more efficient way of providing the needs of the people, and it makes the game more interesting. However, part of that philosophy is the belief that there are a few responsibilities which fall solely to the federal government, the most important of which is providing for the national defense. Whether or not one supports conscription, one must recognize that the authority to conscript citizens to serve in the armed forces is one which belongs solely to the federal government. That is why I cannot support, and voted against this amendment.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 06:17:52 PM »

If the two of you don't mind, I'd like to host it.

I'll open a thread shortly, ask a few questions and open it up to the public for more questions. You may respond at your leisure.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 06:19:49 PM »

If the two of you don't mind, I'd like to host it.

I'll open a thread shortly, ask a few questions and open it up to the public for more questions. You may respond at your leisure.
I have no problem with this.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 08:30:37 PM »

Endorsed.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 11:19:15 AM »

Well, with Class A Senate Seats up for re-election next month, it's time that I ask my constituents whether or not they believe that my job performance thus far warrants my running for a second term.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 03:32:51 PM »

Well, with Class A Senate Seats up for re-election next month, it's time that I ask my constituents whether or not they believe that my job performance thus far warrants my running for a second term.

Yes. You bring up good questions in the Senate debates. Even if they do not agree with you on every issue, I like your independence and calm reasoning. Just one question: Are you planning to introduce any bills?
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 03:48:34 PM »

Yes. You bring up good questions in the Senate debates. Even if they do not agree with you on every issue, I like your independence and calm reasoning. Just one question: Are you planning to introduce any bills?
Kalwejt introduced a bill that would empower the Senate to create Committees. The bill has yet to be brought to the floor, but if it were passed, I would like to introduce a bill that would both outline several committees which would be created, and set the rules of those committees. Additionally, Senator Napoleon and I are working on a bi-partisan health care reform proposal. Also, if any of my constituents have a bill that they would like me to introduce, I would be happy to do that for them.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 03:59:22 PM »

Kalwejt introduced a bill that would empower the Senate to create Committees. The bill has yet to be brought to the floor, but if it were passed, I would like to introduce a bill that would both outline several committees which would be created, and set the rules of those committees. Additionally, Senator Napoleon and I are working on a bi-partisan health care reform proposal. Also, if any of my constituents have a bill that they would like me to introduce, I would be happy to do that for them.

That sounds very promising! Smiley

It seems that you are not an attention whore, which I find a very positive character trait of yours. However, it could be a good idea to keep your constituents informed on the bills you are preparing in a Senate office thread. That does not mean you have to give away too many details at an early stage, but just state roughly that you are, for example, working on a bill that deals with x or y. This way, no one can get the impression that you are an inactive Senator even though you're not a Senator that floods the Senate floor with a few dozen bills each term. This is not meant as a criticism because I don't have the slightest doubt that you do a lot of work behind the scenes, but it could be an idea to consider.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 11:55:36 AM »

Extra-regional endorsement (fwiw).
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »

Endorsed.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 08:50:24 PM »

Thank you for your endorsement, Senator. It means a lot. I tend not to give out endorsements for candidates that I can't vote for, but I'll make an exception in this case. Hopefully, we can both beat our formidable opponents Wink.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies