BRTD vs. Dibble
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:12:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BRTD vs. Dibble
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which one?
Dibble

BRTD

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: BRTD vs. Dibble  (Read 1892 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »

Given the current seeming conflict that looks to be existing, this had to be done.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »

Dibble/Dibble
Rochambeau jk I'm Hamilton
Conservatarian1989
Rookie
United States
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 09:44:17 PM »

Ok, idk a lot about either, but I saw BRTD's post in the Rosellini thread, so I vote BRTD, by default assuming he supports legalization of prostitution and/ or weed.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 09:54:26 PM »

Ok, idk a lot about either, but I saw BRTD's post in the Rosellini thread, so I vote BRTD, by default assuming he supports legalization of prostitution and/ or weed.

In the context of what we're talking about, here's whatya need to know:

BRTD: Liberal Democrat who apparently has recently had some calling back to Christ. Despite this remains very socially liberal. Tends not to care about any correlation between Christianity and things he likes to do, such as say, still going to strip clubs, going to Churches with "hardcore" music, etc.

Dibble: Libertarian Athiest. I'm no fan of atheism, however, Dibble seems to have a Hell of a lot more common sense than BRTD, and seemingly a better understanding of some aspects of religion (he of course has an outsider's POV in this case). While I might on default go for a liberal Christian over a libertarian athiest, I'm still undecided about this due to me actually agreeing with Dibble on a lot more things culturally related so to speak, at least from what I've seen of him lately.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »

Also, you may discuss with maps.
Rochambeau jk I'm Hamilton
Conservatarian1989
Rookie
United States
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 09:56:37 PM »

I still vote BRTD! Strip clubs ftw! (Now I miss Los Angeles Sad )
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2011, 01:53:18 PM by A Testament To Broken Walls »

Me/Me. I'd win in a landslide, I'd win all the liberals and conservative Christians and evangelicals might like me because I go to a sort of evangelical church. Dibble would win only the secular right.

Oh yes I absolutely support legalization of those things. Even if I was morally opposed to them I still feel like criminalizing them is only a self-righteous way of thinking that doesn't fix any associated problems and only harms society in general.

going to Churches with "hardcore" music, etc.

LOL my church doesn't play hardcore music (no clue why you put it in quotations marks by the way, hardcore is not a rough description, it's an actual defined genre.) They play a variety but the stuff I particularly like is more of a Rainer Maria-style indie rock, or post-rock influenced stuff a la Moving Mountains/Appleseed Cast. No moshing or hardcore dancing at my church, just hand raising and more mild dancing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 02:33:07 PM »

Cathcon, you wear band shirts right? I'd be surprised if you didn't. Do you wear them to church too?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »

FYI, I also support legalizing them.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 01:25:25 AM »

I suspect I'd win with well over 70% of the vote.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »

Maybe something like this?  It's a 269-269 tie; Dibble Blue, BRTD Red.

That was incredibly difficult to simulate, as both would be unappetizing to the vast majority of Americans.  There is no way in reality to have that match-up without a third party candidate arising.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 08:55:34 PM »

BRTD wins easily by defaut, as the South holds its nose and supports him.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 09:28:34 PM »

I expect more like this:

Why would northern New England and the West Coast support Dibble? My economic views are still more in place with them and I am still socially liberal. I'd still expect Dibble to take Utah though because of what I've said about Mormons.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 10:12:45 PM »

you would have more problems in the Deep South and even Appalachia than you expect, even against a secularist.  I understand that you could, in the fanciful Candyland universe that you'd be facing John Dibble in a national campaign of significance, play up the Christian card in select places and with select people, but I suspect it would not prove that simple.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 06:16:29 PM »

Cathcon, you wear band shirts right? I'd be surprised if you didn't. Do you wear them to church too?

I sadly own only two: An Alice Cooper one I got from a concert I went to in August, and a Pink Floyd one I got from a friend. No, I don't wear them to Church and despite my mom now having a less strict dress code than my dad once had us obey, I sometimes try to dress better than just jeans/cargo shorts and a t-shirt though I'm hardly a suit wearer.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »

Oh come on, you can't even give me Georgia? I think I have the hometown advantage there, having lived there all my life, and Atlanta is a major population center that is more liberal.

But seriously, you overestimate your chances. A campaign is not a forum, and if you think I'd be stupid enough to go all anti-theist during the campaign you are seriously mistaken. I'd largely go about not making it an issue, only answering for my support of separation of church and state and making it quite clear that you support it as well (which as far as I know you do) making there be effectively no major difference in how we'd govern along those lines. And if you do make our religious differences an issue it wouldn't be long before the media paid a visit to your church, and then everyone in the country would see how you can't be bothered to dress nice for God - sure, maybe it isn't a big deal to you but you know very well it's a big deal to some people, especially in the Bible Belt. Given the choice between an honest atheist and someone they may perceive as a fake Christian you may not have much of an advantage in those areas.

Also, how long until you say a bunch of crazy things in front of the media? I'm pretty sure you'd drive any competent campaign manager insane.

Oh, and would you only wear a t-shirt and jeans during the campaign? I think that would be rather interesting to see.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 11:38:54 PM »

Dibble/Dibble.

Dibble presents rational arguments based on his reading of the evidence and projects competence. On this forum, BRTD is unstable in his obsessions and arbitrary.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 09:11:29 AM »

Oh come on, you can't even give me Georgia? I think I have the hometown advantage there, having lived there all my life, and Atlanta is a major population center that is more liberal.

But seriously, you overestimate your chances. A campaign is not a forum, and if you think I'd be stupid enough to go all anti-theist during the campaign you are seriously mistaken. I'd largely go about not making it an issue, only answering for my support of separation of church and state and making it quite clear that you support it as well (which as far as I know you do) making there be effectively no major difference in how we'd govern along those lines. And if you do make our religious differences an issue it wouldn't be long before the media paid a visit to your church, and then everyone in the country would see how you can't be bothered to dress nice for God - sure, maybe it isn't a big deal to you but you know very well it's a big deal to some people, especially in the Bible Belt. Given the choice between an honest atheist and someone they may perceive as a fake Christian you may not have much of an advantage in those areas.

Also, how long until you say a bunch of crazy things in front of the media? I'm pretty sure you'd drive any competent campaign manager insane.

Oh, and would you only wear a t-shirt and jeans during the campaign? I think that would be rather interesting to see.

Isn't there a White House dress code or something like that? I think that might get in BRTD's way a bit and take away his motivation to run.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »

Yes so I'd win the Atlanta area being the liberal, and being the Democrat all the blacks would vote for me. And all those rural areas.

However I forgot about Florida. You'd win there on account of not being me.

But seriously, you overestimate your chances. A campaign is not a forum, and if you think I'd be stupid enough to go all anti-theist during the campaign you are seriously mistaken. I'd largely go about not making it an issue, only answering for my support of separation of church and state and making it quite clear that you support it as well (which as far as I know you do) making there be effectively no major difference in how we'd govern along those lines.

Well yes. But remember still that 50% of Americans said in a poll they wouldn't vote for an atheist. And we can assume the other 50% are clearly more liberal-leaning. I think the issue isn't so much separation of church and state issues as "governing without God's guidance" or whatever.

And if you do make our religious differences an issue it wouldn't be long before the media paid a visit to your church, and then everyone in the country would see how you can't be bothered to dress nice for God - sure, maybe it isn't a big deal to you but you know very well it's a big deal to some people, especially in the Bible Belt. Given the choice between an honest atheist and someone they may perceive as a fake Christian you may not have much of an advantage in those areas.

That is seriously the lamest scandal ever. "Hey this candidate goes to a church where people don't dress up!" Uh yeah, that's clearly going to dwarf Jeremiah Wright.

Maybe awhile ago, but I've gotten better at this since my whole drawing to Christ thing. I no longer say the awful and bigoted things about Catholics, Irish, etc. anymore.

I think I'd try dressing more like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad or Steve Jobs.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 05:09:11 PM »

Yes so I'd win the Atlanta area being the liberal, and being the Democrat all the blacks would vote for me. And all those rural areas.

You forget I'm not a conservative - it would be easier to convince liberals to my side since I hold many liberal social views. And the rural areas are not going to swing your way - they tend to vote Republican. And again, I have the hometown advantage. There are people who will vote for me just because I'm from here.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think I'd win a lot more than Florida on account of not being you.

Yes, they said that, but again you may not be perceived as being a 'real' Christian. A lot of people who voted Obama probably would have said they would never vote for a black guy - I remember back in the primaries someone called Obama the n word but was still going to vote for him because he wasn't Hillary Clinton. Your very liberal Christianity would not confer you the same advantage that someone who was a more mainstream Christian would likely have.

Never said it would dwarf that. My implication is that it would work against the credibility of your claims to being Christian with some people. You have to understand that there's a significant number of people who don't think liberal Christians are real Christians - they'll think you're an atheist in sheep's clothing. Again, your particular brand of Christianity is not going to confer you an advantage over me with those people, and there are quite a few of them.

I said crazy, not bigoted. You'd probably start making an issue out of one of your stupid little obsessions that nobody gives a crap about, which you often still do. Your particular obsessions may have changed, but your obsessive behavior has not.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 05:54:14 PM »

Dibble, do you have a Southern accent? I'm working on a map and this factors into you're ability to perform in the South.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 05:58:22 PM »

I sadly own only two: An Alice Cooper one I got from a concert I went to in August, and a Pink Floyd one I got from a friend. No, I don't wear them to Church and despite my mom now having a less strict dress code than my dad once had us obey, I sometimes try to dress better than just jeans/cargo shorts and a t-shirt though I'm hardly a suit wearer.

Also, on this note, I just got a Jim Morrison t-shirt (sadly no Doors) yesterday.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 06:05:40 PM »

I have a feeling this election would a be lopsided blow-out one way or the other where the loser only carries a handful of states.

The country would "want" elect BRTD against an avowed atheist but he would have to conform to a lot of etiquette rules he won't like. If he manged to follow all of them without complaining or going off on a tangent about something hardcore or randomly bringing up Jesus in a way people find strange, he'd probably win easily. But a couple moments otherwise and he'd come across as insane on TV, losing in a landslide.

I don't think the usual political geography would do much of anything here.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »

Dibble, do you have a Southern accent? I'm working on a map and this factors into you're ability to perform in the South.

I've lived in the metro-Atlanta area all my life, and neither of my parents had a Southern accent since they weren't from the South, so I would say that if I do it isn't a very thick one. I've got a few of the features though - a bit of the slower pacing, and use the word "ya'll" in casual conversation, and probably a few other things like that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »

I've lived in the metro-Atlanta area all my life, and neither of my parents had a Southern accent since they weren't from the South, so I would say that if I do it isn't a very thick one. I've got a few of the features though - a bit of the slower pacing, and use the word "ya'll" in casual conversation, and probably a few other things like that.

Even without this I'm finding any sort of map really difficult to hash out. Tongue Without a real thick Southern accent it might be harder for Southerners to tout you as "one of [us]" so to speak though you'd still probably win the good ol' boys over that yankee liberal philanderer faux-Christian BRTD. Still. It looks like every part of the map except the really liberal spots and some of the South are pure tossup.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies