BRTD vs. Dibble (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:24:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BRTD vs. Dibble (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which one?
Dibble

BRTD

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: BRTD vs. Dibble  (Read 1943 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: October 16, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »
« edited: October 16, 2011, 01:53:18 PM by A Testament To Broken Walls »

Me/Me. I'd win in a landslide, I'd win all the liberals and conservative Christians and evangelicals might like me because I go to a sort of evangelical church. Dibble would win only the secular right.

Ok, idk a lot about either, but I saw BRTD's post in the Rosellini thread, so I vote BRTD, by default assuming he supports legalization of prostitution and/ or weed.

Oh yes I absolutely support legalization of those things. Even if I was morally opposed to them I still feel like criminalizing them is only a self-righteous way of thinking that doesn't fix any associated problems and only harms society in general.

going to Churches with "hardcore" music, etc.

LOL my church doesn't play hardcore music (no clue why you put it in quotations marks by the way, hardcore is not a rough description, it's an actual defined genre.) They play a variety but the stuff I particularly like is more of a Rainer Maria-style indie rock, or post-rock influenced stuff a la Moving Mountains/Appleseed Cast. No moshing or hardcore dancing at my church, just hand raising and more mild dancing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 02:33:07 PM »

Cathcon, you wear band shirts right? I'd be surprised if you didn't. Do you wear them to church too?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 01:25:25 AM »

I suspect I'd win with well over 70% of the vote.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 09:28:34 PM »

I expect more like this:

Why would northern New England and the West Coast support Dibble? My economic views are still more in place with them and I am still socially liberal. I'd still expect Dibble to take Utah though because of what I've said about Mormons.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »

Oh come on, you can't even give me Georgia? I think I have the hometown advantage there, having lived there all my life, and Atlanta is a major population center that is more liberal.

Yes so I'd win the Atlanta area being the liberal, and being the Democrat all the blacks would vote for me. And all those rural areas.

However I forgot about Florida. You'd win there on account of not being me.

But seriously, you overestimate your chances. A campaign is not a forum, and if you think I'd be stupid enough to go all anti-theist during the campaign you are seriously mistaken. I'd largely go about not making it an issue, only answering for my support of separation of church and state and making it quite clear that you support it as well (which as far as I know you do) making there be effectively no major difference in how we'd govern along those lines.

Well yes. But remember still that 50% of Americans said in a poll they wouldn't vote for an atheist. And we can assume the other 50% are clearly more liberal-leaning. I think the issue isn't so much separation of church and state issues as "governing without God's guidance" or whatever.

And if you do make our religious differences an issue it wouldn't be long before the media paid a visit to your church, and then everyone in the country would see how you can't be bothered to dress nice for God - sure, maybe it isn't a big deal to you but you know very well it's a big deal to some people, especially in the Bible Belt. Given the choice between an honest atheist and someone they may perceive as a fake Christian you may not have much of an advantage in those areas.

That is seriously the lamest scandal ever. "Hey this candidate goes to a church where people don't dress up!" Uh yeah, that's clearly going to dwarf Jeremiah Wright.

Also, how long until you say a bunch of crazy things in front of the media? I'm pretty sure you'd drive any competent campaign manager insane.

Maybe awhile ago, but I've gotten better at this since my whole drawing to Christ thing. I no longer say the awful and bigoted things about Catholics, Irish, etc. anymore.

Oh, and would you only wear a t-shirt and jeans during the campaign? I think that would be rather interesting to see.

I think I'd try dressing more like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad or Steve Jobs.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies