BRTD vs. Dibble (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:39:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BRTD vs. Dibble (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which one?
Dibble

BRTD

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: BRTD vs. Dibble  (Read 1928 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 15, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »

Given the current seeming conflict that looks to be existing, this had to be done.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 09:54:26 PM »

Ok, idk a lot about either, but I saw BRTD's post in the Rosellini thread, so I vote BRTD, by default assuming he supports legalization of prostitution and/ or weed.

In the context of what we're talking about, here's whatya need to know:

BRTD: Liberal Democrat who apparently has recently had some calling back to Christ. Despite this remains very socially liberal. Tends not to care about any correlation between Christianity and things he likes to do, such as say, still going to strip clubs, going to Churches with "hardcore" music, etc.

Dibble: Libertarian Athiest. I'm no fan of atheism, however, Dibble seems to have a Hell of a lot more common sense than BRTD, and seemingly a better understanding of some aspects of religion (he of course has an outsider's POV in this case). While I might on default go for a liberal Christian over a libertarian athiest, I'm still undecided about this due to me actually agreeing with Dibble on a lot more things culturally related so to speak, at least from what I've seen of him lately.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »

Also, you may discuss with maps.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 06:16:29 PM »

Cathcon, you wear band shirts right? I'd be surprised if you didn't. Do you wear them to church too?

I sadly own only two: An Alice Cooper one I got from a concert I went to in August, and a Pink Floyd one I got from a friend. No, I don't wear them to Church and despite my mom now having a less strict dress code than my dad once had us obey, I sometimes try to dress better than just jeans/cargo shorts and a t-shirt though I'm hardly a suit wearer.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 09:11:29 AM »

Oh come on, you can't even give me Georgia? I think I have the hometown advantage there, having lived there all my life, and Atlanta is a major population center that is more liberal.

But seriously, you overestimate your chances. A campaign is not a forum, and if you think I'd be stupid enough to go all anti-theist during the campaign you are seriously mistaken. I'd largely go about not making it an issue, only answering for my support of separation of church and state and making it quite clear that you support it as well (which as far as I know you do) making there be effectively no major difference in how we'd govern along those lines. And if you do make our religious differences an issue it wouldn't be long before the media paid a visit to your church, and then everyone in the country would see how you can't be bothered to dress nice for God - sure, maybe it isn't a big deal to you but you know very well it's a big deal to some people, especially in the Bible Belt. Given the choice between an honest atheist and someone they may perceive as a fake Christian you may not have much of an advantage in those areas.

Also, how long until you say a bunch of crazy things in front of the media? I'm pretty sure you'd drive any competent campaign manager insane.

Oh, and would you only wear a t-shirt and jeans during the campaign? I think that would be rather interesting to see.

Isn't there a White House dress code or something like that? I think that might get in BRTD's way a bit and take away his motivation to run.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 05:54:14 PM »

Dibble, do you have a Southern accent? I'm working on a map and this factors into you're ability to perform in the South.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 05:58:22 PM »

Cathcon, you wear band shirts right? I'd be surprised if you didn't. Do you wear them to church too?

I sadly own only two: An Alice Cooper one I got from a concert I went to in August, and a Pink Floyd one I got from a friend. No, I don't wear them to Church and despite my mom now having a less strict dress code than my dad once had us obey, I sometimes try to dress better than just jeans/cargo shorts and a t-shirt though I'm hardly a suit wearer.

Also, on this note, I just got a Jim Morrison t-shirt (sadly no Doors) yesterday.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »

Dibble, do you have a Southern accent? I'm working on a map and this factors into you're ability to perform in the South.

I've lived in the metro-Atlanta area all my life, and neither of my parents had a Southern accent since they weren't from the South, so I would say that if I do it isn't a very thick one. I've got a few of the features though - a bit of the slower pacing, and use the word "ya'll" in casual conversation, and probably a few other things like that.

Even without this I'm finding any sort of map really difficult to hash out. Tongue Without a real thick Southern accent it might be harder for Southerners to tout you as "one of [us]" so to speak though you'd still probably win the good ol' boys over that yankee liberal philanderer faux-Christian BRTD. Still. It looks like every part of the map except the really liberal spots and some of the South are pure tossup.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies