BRTD vs. Dibble (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:15:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  BRTD vs. Dibble (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which one?
Dibble

BRTD

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: BRTD vs. Dibble  (Read 1944 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: October 16, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »

Ok, idk a lot about either, but I saw BRTD's post in the Rosellini thread, so I vote BRTD, by default assuming he supports legalization of prostitution and/ or weed.

FYI, I also support legalizing them.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »

Oh come on, you can't even give me Georgia? I think I have the hometown advantage there, having lived there all my life, and Atlanta is a major population center that is more liberal.

But seriously, you overestimate your chances. A campaign is not a forum, and if you think I'd be stupid enough to go all anti-theist during the campaign you are seriously mistaken. I'd largely go about not making it an issue, only answering for my support of separation of church and state and making it quite clear that you support it as well (which as far as I know you do) making there be effectively no major difference in how we'd govern along those lines. And if you do make our religious differences an issue it wouldn't be long before the media paid a visit to your church, and then everyone in the country would see how you can't be bothered to dress nice for God - sure, maybe it isn't a big deal to you but you know very well it's a big deal to some people, especially in the Bible Belt. Given the choice between an honest atheist and someone they may perceive as a fake Christian you may not have much of an advantage in those areas.

Also, how long until you say a bunch of crazy things in front of the media? I'm pretty sure you'd drive any competent campaign manager insane.

Oh, and would you only wear a t-shirt and jeans during the campaign? I think that would be rather interesting to see.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 05:09:11 PM »

Yes so I'd win the Atlanta area being the liberal, and being the Democrat all the blacks would vote for me. And all those rural areas.

You forget I'm not a conservative - it would be easier to convince liberals to my side since I hold many liberal social views. And the rural areas are not going to swing your way - they tend to vote Republican. And again, I have the hometown advantage. There are people who will vote for me just because I'm from here.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think I'd win a lot more than Florida on account of not being you.

Yes, they said that, but again you may not be perceived as being a 'real' Christian. A lot of people who voted Obama probably would have said they would never vote for a black guy - I remember back in the primaries someone called Obama the n word but was still going to vote for him because he wasn't Hillary Clinton. Your very liberal Christianity would not confer you the same advantage that someone who was a more mainstream Christian would likely have.

Never said it would dwarf that. My implication is that it would work against the credibility of your claims to being Christian with some people. You have to understand that there's a significant number of people who don't think liberal Christians are real Christians - they'll think you're an atheist in sheep's clothing. Again, your particular brand of Christianity is not going to confer you an advantage over me with those people, and there are quite a few of them.

I said crazy, not bigoted. You'd probably start making an issue out of one of your stupid little obsessions that nobody gives a crap about, which you often still do. Your particular obsessions may have changed, but your obsessive behavior has not.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »

Dibble, do you have a Southern accent? I'm working on a map and this factors into you're ability to perform in the South.

I've lived in the metro-Atlanta area all my life, and neither of my parents had a Southern accent since they weren't from the South, so I would say that if I do it isn't a very thick one. I've got a few of the features though - a bit of the slower pacing, and use the word "ya'll" in casual conversation, and probably a few other things like that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies