Will Cain peak within 2 weeks?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:18:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will Cain peak within 2 weeks?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Cain peak within 2 weeks?  (Read 286 times)
Jacobtm

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2011, 01:36:34 PM »

We saw it with Perry. He got up there in the polls. The media started looking at him, cutting him down. For a while his lead held, because so many people don't pay attention, and many Republicans were only learning about him on Fox News, and only hearing good things about him.

But after being on top of the polls for a while, people began to dislike him as more and more came out that put him in a bad light.

Will Cain face the same fate? Does he have 1 or 2 weeks left where Republican primary voters will be insulated by Fox News and only think good things about Cain, after which they'll start realizing he's a complete whacko and start bailing on him? Or is he just the whacko they've been looking for all along?
M

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 01:40:16 PM »

Depends on whether you believe Perry's decline was due to heterodoxy on issues or poor debate performances.

If the former, probably, because no one can be completely pure. I don't adhere to this view.

If the latter, I don't think so, because he's miles better as a debater. However, as he comes under increasing attack in that realm, he may suffer somewhat. Collapsing, though, is not in the near future under this interpretation.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 01:41:15 PM »

if you had completed your reading assignment of Are you my mother?, you would already know the answer to your question. 
Jacobtm

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 01:53:25 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2011, 01:55:56 PM by Jacobtm »

Depends on whether you believe Perry's decline was due to heterodoxy on issues or poor debate performances.

I don't think it was due to either per-se, but rather that the media essentially began making fun of him for each. If you look at polls, after 2 terrible debates he was still doing fine. When he started to tank was well after his second terrible debate, when the media really dog-piled on him. It was the negative coverage more than what he actually did that killed him. Just weeks before he was The Jobs Governor, The Straight Shooter, The Conservative Icon. Then he became The Illegal Lover, The Unprepared Newbie, The Mumbling Drunk Uncle.

I think Cain will just go from The Likeable Guy, The Outsider, The Businessman to: The Amateur, The Ignoramus, The Latest Flavor Of The Week.

They actually can't get him on heterodoxy cause he just adopts the most right-wing position on everything as a default. He has never deviated from that because he has never done anything that requires governing, and he never has doubted his positions because he doesn't think hard about anything.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies