The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:41:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 114855 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: February 14, 2012, 12:49:32 PM »
« edited: February 14, 2012, 12:53:09 PM by Lief »

The camera never pans up to show what (or who) is or is not strapped to the top of that car. And I did not see a "no animals were hurt in the filming of this ad" disclaimer at the end. Very distressing.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2012, 12:51:56 PM »

LOL.

Was his driver on holiday or something?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2012, 12:54:54 PM »

I love the top rated comments on that one.  Grin
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #253 on: February 14, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »

It would be cool if Romney were driving a Volkswagen in his MI ads. Would suit him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2012, 12:57:27 PM »

It embarrasses me how much Romney looked like I looked when we were younger.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtOcrS6axnE&feature=player_embedded

yes. YES.

This reminds me of Santorum's 2006 boxing ad. Wonder if it's by the same people?
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtOcrS6axnE&feature=player_embedded

yes. YES.

This reminds me of Santorum's 2006 boxing ad. Wonder if it's by the same people?

Santorum in that gun?
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2012, 03:11:51 PM »

That ad is exactly like the one he did touting his ties in NH, driving around the state
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fg3EAdGLDhU

I look forward to his "driving around my home state" ads coming up in MA, UT and CA
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2012, 04:04:54 PM »

Supposedly the car in Romney's "Detroit" add was made in Canada:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/15/mitt-romney-detroit_n_1279565.html

lol. 
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #259 on: February 16, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yspDwbi5Qdk

DNC web ad hitting Mitt on Detroit.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2012, 04:01:39 PM »

Wonder if it's by the same people?

Of course it is.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2012, 02:28:19 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2012, 03:36:04 PM by Severe Voter »

While Romney is out accusing Santorum of running a negative campaign and saying he is only running positive stuff (ignoring his SuperPac), it turns out he is running a negative anti-Santorum "contrast" ad in MI (but they never released it to the press and it isn't on their YouTube channel)

http://www.politico.com//blogs/burns-haberman/2012/02/mitt-runs-belowradar-contrast-ad-in-mich-114833.html
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2012, 09:25:51 PM by Politico »

People love the driving ads. We'll run a lot of them in the fall if Romney is the nominee. It shows Romney is not that different from regular folks. It shows he's not THAT rich that he doesn't drive. I doubt Steve Forbes and John Kerry have driven in decades, for example. Obviously Barack hasn't driven around America the last few years for obvious reasons, but he's also not in touch with what is happening outside of Washington, DC. That is an important contrast to make in the fall. Focusing on social issues like Rick Santorum is obviously not going to allow that contrast to happen.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2012, 09:26:54 PM »

People love the driving ads. We'll run a lot of them in the fall if Romney is the nominee. It shows Romney is not that different from regular folks. It shows he's not THAT rich that he doesn't drive. I doubt Steve Forbes and John Kerry have driven in decades, for example. Obviously Barack hasn't driven around America the last few years for obvious reasons, but he's also not in touch with what is happening outside of Washington, DC. That is an important contrast to make in the fall. Focusing on social issues like Rick Santorum is obviously not going to allow that contrast to happen.

Yeah, 'cos Millionaire Mitt always drives himself around.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2012, 10:56:35 PM »

Yeah, 'cos Millionaire Mitt always drives himself around.

He's proven that he can and does. Hell, he always drove himself around when he worked for Bain.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #265 on: February 18, 2012, 12:37:23 AM »

The problem with the Romney driving himself ad and the Romneys doing the laundry photo-op of a week or two ago is that they are so obviously staged for the purpose showing that Mitt is something he is not.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #266 on: February 18, 2012, 10:17:53 PM »

The problem with the Romney driving himself ad and the Romneys doing the laundry photo-op of a week or two ago is that they are so obviously staged for the purpose showing that Mitt is something he is not.

I believed Obama when he said he finds washing dishes to be therapeutic, and I believe Mitt when he says he likes to drive. If Mitt wanted to pretend he is something he is not, he would be doing stupid sh**t like this:

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2012, 12:03:36 AM »

Wouldn't this photo have been more on point?

It just goes to show how badly out of touch politicians from Massachusetts are these days.

Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2012, 01:55:35 AM »

Didn't the elder Bush (or was it Barbara) not understand the concept of a checkout line or something to that effect?  Though it's not like he was trying.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2012, 03:07:25 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2012, 03:12:40 AM by Politico »

It just goes to show how badly out of touch politicians from Massachusetts are these days.

Well, that is the grand daddy of awful photo ops. What in god's name were they thinking? Nobody was going to buy that, at least not with that awful name tag on his helmet. I think without the tag, it could have been somewhat more forgettable. Take off his helmet altogether, and MAYBE it could have boosted his defense credentials. Maybe. I definitely think nobody would remember it, at least. That ridiculous name tag and helmet are what make that stunt so awful.

But yeah...there are many, many, many things Romney could be doing and saying if he wanted to pretend to be something he is not. Considering his upbringing in Michigan, and the fact his father was the CEO of a major automobile company, I have no doubt whatsoever that Romney does like to drive. I mean, Jay Leno is also a millionaire and he owns more cars than most people can find on their entire block. It is not unusual to obtain a passion for driving at a young age and have it your entire life no matter how wealthy you become. Romney's passion for driving is more believable than Obama when he said he finds washing dishes to be therapeutic. It is certainly far more believable than most of the nonsense Kerry pulled in 2004. And, of course, it is infinitely more believable than Dukakis' "I AM NOT A WIMP!" stunt.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #270 on: February 19, 2012, 03:09:19 AM »

Didn't the elder Bush (or was it Barbara) not understand the concept of a checkout line or something to that effect?  Though it's not like he was trying.

Bush 41 didn't understand how the scanner at the grocery store's checkout worked.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #271 on: February 19, 2012, 03:14:39 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2012, 03:18:35 AM by Politico »

Didn't the elder Bush (or was it Barbara) not understand the concept of a checkout line or something to that effect?  Though it's not like he was trying.

Yeah, when GHWB ran in 1988 or 1992, I think it was 1992, his campaign went on a grocery outing, or a convention or something, for a photo op and he seemed unaware of electronic scanners. Apparently nobody told him about that change during his time in Washington.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2012, 06:22:41 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2012, 06:24:26 AM by Politico »

What the hell is Red White and Blue Fund and who is giving them money to run Rick Santorum ads?

Yes, who is really behind this charade being perpetrated on conservatives? Obviously divide and conquer is at play, and the ball was set in motion with the Red White and Blue Fund way back in the middle of December...
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2012, 10:50:46 AM »

What the hell is Red White and Blue Fund and who is giving them money to run Rick Santorum ads?

Yes, who is really behind this charade being perpetrated on conservatives? Obviously divide and conquer is at play, and the ball was set in motion with the Red White and Blue Fund way back in the middle of December...

Back in the middle of December, Gingrich was having a surge and in the lead and the Romney campaign was desperately in need of someone to divide and conquer the anti-Romney forces.  It would be ironic indeed if Romney supporters provided Santorum with the cash infusion he needed to win Iowa.
ajb
United States

« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2012, 01:38:47 PM »

Well, that is the grand daddy of awful photo ops. What in god's name were they thinking? Nobody was going to buy that, at least not with that awful name tag on his helmet. I think without the tag, it could have been somewhat more forgettable. Take off his helmet altogether, and MAYBE it could have boosted his defense credentials. Maybe. I definitely think nobody would remember it, at least. That ridiculous name tag and helmet are what make that stunt so awful.

But yeah...there are many, many, many things Romney could be doing and saying if he wanted to pretend to be something he is not. Considering his upbringing in Michigan, and the fact his father was the CEO of a major automobile company, I have no doubt whatsoever that Romney does like to drive. I mean, Jay Leno is also a millionaire and he owns more cars than most people can find on their entire block. It is not unusual to obtain a passion for driving at a young age and have it your entire life no matter how wealthy you become. Romney's passion for driving is more believable than Obama when he said he finds washing dishes to be therapeutic. It is certainly far more believable than most of the nonsense Kerry pulled in 2004. And, of course, it is infinitely more believable than Dukakis' "I AM NOT A WIMP!" stunt.

It's about bad campaign management more than anything. Dukakis had, after all, done two years in the army, in 1955-57, stationed in Korea in the aftermath of the war there. He wasn't the youngest fighter pilot in the Pacific (like Bush the Elder), but that's more of a military record than any president after 1992. The fact that nobody remembers that is a sign of the ineptness of Dukakis' campaign.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies