Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 08:20:56 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 46488 times)
AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 11, 2012, 03:37:23 pm »
Ignore

http://www.wnd.com/2012/04/obama-speeches-exactly-same-a-year-apart/
The Lie of the year... and Last year!

TheDeadFlagBlues
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 11, 2012, 06:17:44 pm »
Ignore

It's now considered a scandal to use consistent rhetoric?

Economic score: -6.26
Social score: -7.74
AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 11, 2012, 06:49:16 pm »
Ignore

No, and I thought of that, but the obvious untruthfulness makes it pretty pathetic.  If I'm forced to listen to a demagogic speech, can you change it up once a year??  Hey did Obama pass a budget through the Senate ?? ? I've been busy the last 3 years.  I may have missed it.   

You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 11, 2012, 07:23:26 pm »
Ignore

Atleast Obama can string a sentence together unlike the last guy.

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 12, 2012, 08:00:11 am »
Ignore

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZK0spa1yI

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 12, 2012, 01:05:59 pm »
Ignore

That's terrific.

oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 12, 2012, 08:34:20 pm »
Ignore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM9DVC7kd7s

President Obama calls out Mitt Romney on his lies.

That's a great ad! I hope the Obama campaign continues to point out Romney's habit of literally making things up and repeating them until he believes them.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 13, 2012, 06:15:27 pm »
Ignore

Except Obama is seen "debunking" those "lies" with the same old empty rhetoric he always uses. He doesn't point to any results.

And that excess-rhetoric is probably Obama's most vulnerable characteristic--people know he's a speech-giver. I don't think that ad is the gem that the Obama camp probably thinks it is.

AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2012, 06:40:12 pm »
Ignore

The only one that Romney 'misspoke' on was the state of the Union.  Obama didn't seriously mention the debt or deficit, but he did literally say the words.  So, in essence Romney was right about that one as well.  I'm wondering if the Obama budget works toward reducing the deficit....  What? it hasn't passed?  Not one vote? It wouldn't even if it did pass?  WOW.   

Camerlengo Alfred of the Papal Patch
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2012, 10:23:19 pm »
Ignore

The only one that Romney 'misspoke' on was the state of the Union.  Obama didn't seriously mention the debt or deficit, but he did literally say the words.  So, in essence Romney was right about that one as well.  I'm wondering if the Obama budget works toward reducing the deficit....  What? it hasn't passed?  Not one vote? It wouldn't even if it did pass?  WOW.   
Yes, and Romney wouldn't increase the deficit one bit.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2012, 06:32:13 am »
Ignore

Yes, and Romney wouldn't increase the deficit one bit.
He wouldn't (it is almost impossible to do so).  He would increase the debt (for 7-10 years probably).   

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 17, 2012, 02:46:31 pm »
Ignore

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2012, 01:02:48 pm »
Ignore

Instead of hinting at crap, why don't Democrats just come out and say what's on their mind?

"We want Mitt Romney to release his tax returns so we can all point out how rich he is!"

Of course, they won't say that outright--if they do, it pretty much is class warfare. I just think it's so funny that they dance around their true intent. Everyone knows exactly why Romney won't release them--he doesn't want to play into Obama's distraction.

Why did it take BHO so long to release his birth certificate? Because it was a stupid, made-up issue. Same goes for this.

oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 18, 2012, 01:53:01 pm »
Ignore

Why did it take BHO so long to release his birth certificate? Because it was a stupid, made-up issue. Same goes for this.

Yes, obviously, there's a reasonable comparison to be made between one of the wealthiest men ever to run for the White House being asked to release his tax returns like every other Presidential candidate in modern times to racist conspiracy theories impugning the legitimacy of the first black President.

AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 18, 2012, 02:15:25 pm »
Ignore

FYI, Romney has released tax returns.  Maybe he's hiding the fact that he married a ketchup heiress and never really worked a day in his life.... O' wait, never mind. 

oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2012, 02:25:03 pm »
Ignore

FYI, Romney has released tax returns.  Maybe he's hiding the fact that he married a ketchup heiress and never really worked a day in his life.... O' wait, never mind. 

The Kerry-Romney comparison is, of course, a rather apt one.

TheDeadFlagBlues
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 18, 2012, 02:36:17 pm »
Ignore

Excepting the fact that while Romney was attending Stanford and going to rallies in support of the draft, Kerry was in Vietnam getting shot at.

Economic score: -6.26
Social score: -7.74
AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 18, 2012, 02:51:12 pm »
Ignore

FYI, Romney has released tax returns.  Maybe he's hiding the fact that he married a ketchup heiress and never really worked a day in his life.... O' wait, never mind.  

Excepting the fact that while Romney was attending Stanford and going to rallies in support of the draft, Kerry was in Vietnam getting shot at.

LOL,
1) Yes, It is an apt comparison because it exposes how democrats hate people that go out into the world and become rich on their own merit vs. how they have no problem with rich democrats who inherited or married (twice) for money.  
2) Romney didn't attend Stanford (as far as I know)
3) You're kidding me, John Kerry served in Vietnam?  I had never heard that before. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:53:35 pm by AmericanNation »Logged

oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 18, 2012, 02:59:45 pm »
Ignore

Well, sure, Romney's a fairly despicable person. I didn't mean to slander Kerry by way of comparison, merely that, politically speaking, there's some common ground - wealthy Massachussets flip-floppers with zero charisma nominated by virtue of a terrible field and a party that went "meh". Wink

FYI, Romney has released tax returns.  Maybe he's hiding the fact that he married a ketchup heiress and never really worked a day in his life.... O' wait, never mind.  

LOL,
1) Yes, It is an apt comparison because it exposes how democrats hate people that go out into the world and become rich on their own merit vs. how they have no problem with rich democrats who inherited or married (twice) for money.  
3) You're kidding me, John Kerry served in Vietnam?  I had never heard that before. 

Yeah, which is a notable difference between John Kerry and Mitt Romney, who protested in favour of the draft while avoiding serving himself.

AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 18, 2012, 03:12:17 pm »
Ignore

Well, sure, Romney's a fairly despicable person. I didn't mean to slander Kerry by way of comparison, merely that, politically speaking, there's some common ground - wealthy Massachussets flip-floppers with zero charisma nominated by virtue of a terrible field and a party that went "meh". Wink

LOL,

Yeah, which is a notable difference between John Kerry and Mitt Romney, who protested in favour of the draft
So? ? ?

A lot of people went to college during the Vietnam war... Romney was also married and had children as well.  I don't know what you're implying or suggesting.  He should have left college, wife, kids, and enlisted?

True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: April 18, 2012, 03:52:22 pm »
Ignore

A lot of people went to college during the Vietnam war... Romney was also married and had children as well.  I don't know what you're implying or suggesting.  He should have left college, wife, kids, and enlisted?

Vietnam was definitely a case of a "rich man's war, poor man's fight".  Tell me, which is nobler: to do as Romney did, to argue in favor of something that would not personally affect him, or to do as Kerry did, and argue against something and yet do as his country asked of it, despite disagreeing with it.

People find meaning and redemption in the most unusual human connections. Khaled Hosseini
AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 18, 2012, 04:09:25 pm »
Ignore

Actually I guess he did go to Stanford for a year. 

"In May 1966, he was part of a counter-protest against a group staging a sit-in in the university administration building in opposition to draft status tests"

I think you're reading too much into a 'counter-protest.'  You can oppose the methods of a protest as much or more than the actual point of the protest.   

ShadowOfTheWave
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 21, 2012, 09:59:49 am »
Ignore

When is Romney making his ad buys!?! He needs to get his favorables up in the swing states before we can start the general election.
pbrower2a
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 22, 2012, 03:20:21 pm »
Ignore

When is Romney making his ad buys!?! He needs to get his favorables up in the swing states before we can start the general election.

He needs to regain his credibility. That will be tough.

He should have run as a RINO.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 23, 2012, 11:39:46 am »
Ignore

He needs to regain his credibility. That will be tough.

He should have run as a RINO.

He ran as competent and he is.
He ran pointing out Obama's incompetence and Obama is indeed incompetent.  (perhaps the most likeable incompetent ever.)

...everything else is just noise. 

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout