The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:08:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 114895 times)
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: July 18, 2012, 12:24:46 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nl23nB5w90
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #526 on: July 18, 2012, 12:30:48 AM »

Decent ad. Not going to flip anyone solidly in his corner but should be able to keep some wavering voters from swinging over.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #527 on: July 19, 2012, 02:51:13 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sNHeTwoy5vI

Honestly, when I first heard that Obama clip, I thought it was one of those things where they take words from different speeches to make him sound bad; low and behold, he actually said it. This is a pretty solid ad - need to shorten it to 1 minute.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #528 on: July 19, 2012, 02:54:26 PM »

Ooh yeah. That would be a good one to put on TV.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #529 on: July 19, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »

"After four years of being torn down, it's time to rebuild" -- Romney-Believe in America

boy does that ring true, great line.   
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #530 on: July 19, 2012, 04:30:52 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-z-U57BaSc

Obama is denying he said one part of a speech that millions of people have heard by quoting another part of the speech  ...jaw dropping. 
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #531 on: July 19, 2012, 07:30:33 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2012, 07:51:01 PM by A dog on every car, a car in every elevator »

Honestly, when I first heard that Obama clip, I thought it was one of those things where they take words from different speeches to make him sound bad; low and behold, he actually said it. This is a pretty solid ad - need to shorten it to 1 minute.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/07/who-built-that-romney-and-obama-agree-129462.html

You were right the first time.  Romney Campaign pulled pieces out of context and edited it together to make it seem like Obama was saying something other than what he was saying.  Bush allies lied their asses off in his election but Bush himself was never as dishonest in his campaign as Romney is.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #532 on: July 19, 2012, 09:01:00 PM »

Excellent ad. This is going to last a whole lot longer than "private sector is doing fine". No teleprompter is very bad for Obama.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #533 on: July 23, 2012, 09:54:09 PM »

New one-minute Obama ad playing in the swing states: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBorRZnqtMo&feature=player_embedded
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #534 on: July 23, 2012, 11:55:12 PM »

Whoa, I'd forgotten what a good liar he is. Kind of a shame. Sad
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #535 on: July 24, 2012, 04:04:26 PM »

Aaaaaaand another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0yK5NakN2o

Mitt Romney couldn't pull these "camera and candidate" ads off.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #536 on: July 24, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »

He should try anyway.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #537 on: July 24, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »

I don't see how that makes any sense...

Also, Obama's hair is getting really gray. I hadn't noticed it before.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #538 on: July 24, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »

I don't see how that makes any sense...

Also, Obama's hair is getting really gray. I hadn't noticed it before.

I noticed how much he'd aged like a year ago. Imagine how old McCain'd look if he had to live the life of a president.
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #539 on: July 27, 2012, 12:01:27 AM »

I'm getting sick of hearing about Bain Capital and jobs going overseas. When can we hear about the issues that matter for this country? And yes, "the private sector is doing fine" goes to show how out of touch Obama is with people who aren't dependent on the government for a job. The worst part about it for Obama is that he is too arrogant to realize he's making the mistakes of an out of touch elitist. At least Romney understands what it's like to hold a real job.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #540 on: July 27, 2012, 11:13:40 AM »

I'm getting sick of hearing about Bain Capital and jobs going overseas. When can we hear about the issues that matter for this country?

*facepalm*.
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #541 on: July 27, 2012, 12:05:42 PM »

I'm getting sick of hearing about Bain Capital and jobs going overseas. When can we hear about the issues that matter for this country?

*facepalm*.

I said alot more than that though. My point was that Obama doesn't understand the private sector.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #542 on: July 27, 2012, 12:50:48 PM »

*facepalm*.

I said alot more than that though. My point was that Obama doesn't understand the private sector.

How does Romney, who spent years bankrupting companies and sending jobs overseas, understand the needs of working-class Americans?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #543 on: July 27, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »

New Obama ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfQxHHQPtI0
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #544 on: July 27, 2012, 02:04:27 PM »

*facepalm*.

How does Romney, who spent years bankrupting companies and sending jobs overseas, understand the needs of working-class Americans?
Private equity, the industry Romney worked in, specializes in purchasing struggling companies and making them profitable again.  Bain Capital may have sent some jobs overseas, but the vast majority of their business dealings succeeded.  Since business failures are inevitable in any sort of industry, Bain actually has a very impressive.track record.  In fact, here are just a few companies that Bain has worked with, some of which you probably are familiar with (it's practically a brand-name all-stars list):

Staples
Burger King
AMC Entertainment
Church's Chicken
Panavision
Cumulus Media
Domino's Pizza
Michaels
Horizon Food Group
The Children's Place
The Princeton Review
Dunkin' Brands
Toys-"R"-Us
Vonage
Guitar Center
Warner Music Group
Home Depot Supply
Harlem Globetrotters
Fantasy Entertainment
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #545 on: July 27, 2012, 02:15:17 PM »

*facepalm*.

No he spent years helping companies. The cold hard truth is that in the private sector not everyone makes it. Jobs go overseas to avoid the high corporate taxes that Democrats have forced on us. Working class? You're suggesting that those who have been successful don't work hard?
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
Rookie
United States

« Reply #546 on: July 27, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »

*facepalm*.

Private equity, the industry Romney worked in, specializes in purchasing struggling companies and making them profitable again.  Bain Capital may have sent some jobs overseas, but the vast majority of their business dealings succeeded.  Since business failures are inevitable in any sort of industry, Bain actually has a very impressive.track record.  In fact, here are just a few companies that Bain has worked with, some of which you probably are familiar with (it's practically a brand-name all-stars list):

Staples
Burger King
AMC Entertainment
Church's Chicken
Panavision
Cumulus Media
Domino's Pizza
Michaels
Horizon Food Group
The Children's Place
The Princeton Review
Dunkin' Brands
Toys-"R"-Us
Vonage
Guitar Center
Warner Music Group
Home Depot Supply
Harlem Globetrotters
Fantasy Entertainment

Well said and you'll never hear Obama praise him for this in one of his ads.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #547 on: July 27, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »

New Gary Johnson ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_OVBmVDe84&feature=youtu.be
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #548 on: July 29, 2012, 03:58:51 PM »

*facepalm*.

No he spent years helping companies. The cold hard truth is that in the private sector not everyone makes it. Jobs go overseas to avoid the high corporate taxes that Democrats have forced on us. Working class? You're suggesting that those who have been successful don't work hard?
I could not agree more.  The main reason that jobs go overseas is because our tax structure and other economic policies chase jobs out of America.  I believe that we need some taxes and regulation, but both need to be reduced.  I find it so ironic that liberal always bemoan "tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas" because their policies are largely the reason for it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #549 on: July 29, 2012, 09:07:56 PM »

Yeah, if only we had low tax rates and little to no regulation and bureaucracy, like in those countries all our jobs are outsourced to, India and China. Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies