Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 09:10:12 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 41209 times)
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: July 18, 2012, 12:24:46 am »
Ignore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nl23nB5w90
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 18, 2012, 12:30:48 am »
Ignore

Decent ad. Not going to flip anyone solidly in his corner but should be able to keep some wavering voters from swinging over.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: July 19, 2012, 02:51:13 pm »
Ignore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sNHeTwoy5vI

Honestly, when I first heard that Obama clip, I thought it was one of those things where they take words from different speeches to make him sound bad; low and behold, he actually said it. This is a pretty solid ad - need to shorten it to 1 minute.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.52

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 19, 2012, 02:54:26 pm »
Ignore

Ooh yeah. That would be a good one to put on TV.

AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 19, 2012, 03:00:06 pm »
Ignore

"After four years of being torn down, it's time to rebuild" -- Romney-Believe in America

boy does that ring true, great line.   

AmericanNation
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 19, 2012, 04:30:52 pm »
Ignore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-z-U57BaSc

Obama is denying he said one part of a speech that millions of people have heard by quoting another part of the speech  ...jaw dropping. 

Bull Moose Base
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 19, 2012, 07:30:33 pm »
Ignore

Honestly, when I first heard that Obama clip, I thought it was one of those things where they take words from different speeches to make him sound bad; low and behold, he actually said it. This is a pretty solid ad - need to shorten it to 1 minute.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/07/who-built-that-romney-and-obama-agree-129462.html

You were right the first time.  Romney Campaign pulled pieces out of context and edited it together to make it seem like Obama was saying something other than what he was saying.  Bush allies lied their asses off in his election but Bush himself was never as dishonest in his campaign as Romney is.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:51:01 pm by A dog on every car, a car in every elevator »Logged
pepper11
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 19, 2012, 09:01:00 pm »
Ignore

Excellent ad. This is going to last a whole lot longer than "private sector is doing fine". No teleprompter is very bad for Obama.

PM Econ: 4.26
PM Soc: -1.22
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 23, 2012, 09:54:09 pm »
Ignore

New one-minute Obama ad playing in the swing states: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBorRZnqtMo&feature=player_embedded

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 23, 2012, 11:55:12 pm »
Ignore

Whoa, I'd forgotten what a good liar he is. Kind of a shame. Sad

You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 24, 2012, 04:04:26 pm »
Ignore

Aaaaaaand another
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0yK5NakN2o

Mitt Romney couldn't pull these "camera and candidate" ads off.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 24, 2012, 04:27:43 pm »
Ignore

He should try anyway.

Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 24, 2012, 08:22:09 pm »
Ignore

I don't see how that makes any sense...

Also, Obama's hair is getting really gray. I hadn't noticed it before.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 24, 2012, 09:38:05 pm »
Ignore

I don't see how that makes any sense...

Also, Obama's hair is getting really gray. I hadn't noticed it before.

I noticed how much he'd aged like a year ago. Imagine how old McCain'd look if he had to live the life of a president.

Darius_Addicus_Gaius
United States

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 27, 2012, 12:01:27 am »
Ignore

I'm getting sick of hearing about Bain Capital and jobs going overseas. When can we hear about the issues that matter for this country? And yes, "the private sector is doing fine" goes to show how out of touch Obama is with people who aren't dependent on the government for a job. The worst part about it for Obama is that he is too arrogant to realize he's making the mistakes of an out of touch elitist. At least Romney understands what it's like to hold a real job.
Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: July 27, 2012, 11:13:40 am »
Ignore

I'm getting sick of hearing about Bain Capital and jobs going overseas. When can we hear about the issues that matter for this country?

*facepalm*.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Darius_Addicus_Gaius
United States

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 27, 2012, 12:05:42 pm »
Ignore

I'm getting sick of hearing about Bain Capital and jobs going overseas. When can we hear about the issues that matter for this country?

*facepalm*.

I said alot more than that though. My point was that Obama doesn't understand the private sector.
Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 27, 2012, 12:50:48 pm »
Ignore

*facepalm*.

I said alot more than that though. My point was that Obama doesn't understand the private sector.

How does Romney, who spent years bankrupting companies and sending jobs overseas, understand the needs of working-class Americans?

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 27, 2012, 01:24:40 pm »
Ignore

New Obama ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfQxHHQPtI0
Jo March
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: July 27, 2012, 02:04:27 pm »
Ignore

*facepalm*.

How does Romney, who spent years bankrupting companies and sending jobs overseas, understand the needs of working-class Americans?
Private equity, the industry Romney worked in, specializes in purchasing struggling companies and making them profitable again.  Bain Capital may have sent some jobs overseas, but the vast majority of their business dealings succeeded.  Since business failures are inevitable in any sort of industry, Bain actually has a very impressive.track record.  In fact, here are just a few companies that Bain has worked with, some of which you probably are familiar with (it's practically a brand-name all-stars list):

Staples
Burger King
AMC Entertainment
Church's Chicken
Panavision
Cumulus Media
Domino's Pizza
Michaels
Horizon Food Group
The Children's Place
The Princeton Review
Dunkin' Brands
Toys-"R"-Us
Vonage
Guitar Center
Warner Music Group
Home Depot Supply
Harlem Globetrotters
Fantasy Entertainment

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.

Mark Schauer's biggest supporter:
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
United States

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 27, 2012, 02:15:17 pm »
Ignore

*facepalm*.

No he spent years helping companies. The cold hard truth is that in the private sector not everyone makes it. Jobs go overseas to avoid the high corporate taxes that Democrats have forced on us. Working class? You're suggesting that those who have been successful don't work hard?
Darius_Addicus_Gaius
United States

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 27, 2012, 02:16:10 pm »
Ignore

*facepalm*.

Private equity, the industry Romney worked in, specializes in purchasing struggling companies and making them profitable again.  Bain Capital may have sent some jobs overseas, but the vast majority of their business dealings succeeded.  Since business failures are inevitable in any sort of industry, Bain actually has a very impressive.track record.  In fact, here are just a few companies that Bain has worked with, some of which you probably are familiar with (it's practically a brand-name all-stars list):

Staples
Burger King
AMC Entertainment
Church's Chicken
Panavision
Cumulus Media
Domino's Pizza
Michaels
Horizon Food Group
The Children's Place
The Princeton Review
Dunkin' Brands
Toys-"R"-Us
Vonage
Guitar Center
Warner Music Group
Home Depot Supply
Harlem Globetrotters
Fantasy Entertainment

Well said and you'll never hear Obama praise him for this in one of his ads.
Cobbler
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 27, 2012, 04:57:05 pm »
Ignore

New Gary Johnson ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_OVBmVDe84&feature=youtu.be

Economic score: +2.19
Social score: -5.74
Jo March
Oldiesfreak1854
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: July 29, 2012, 03:58:51 pm »
Ignore

*facepalm*.

No he spent years helping companies. The cold hard truth is that in the private sector not everyone makes it. Jobs go overseas to avoid the high corporate taxes that Democrats have forced on us. Working class? You're suggesting that those who have been successful don't work hard?
I could not agree more.  The main reason that jobs go overseas is because our tax structure and other economic policies chase jobs out of America.  I believe that we need some taxes and regulation, but both need to be reduced.  I find it so ironic that liberal always bemoan "tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas" because their policies are largely the reason for it.

Quote from: Dwight D. Eisenhower
There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.

Mark Schauer's biggest supporter:
ℒief
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 29, 2012, 09:07:56 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, if only we had low tax rates and little to no regulation and bureaucracy, like in those countries all our jobs are outsourced to, India and China. Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout