Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 05:52:15 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2012 Elections (Moderators: Mr. Morden, Bacon King, Sheriff Buford TX Justice)
| | |-+  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33 Print
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 43732 times)
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 14, 2012, 12:49:32 pm »
Ignore

If Romney loses Michigan after putting ads like this on, it would be a huge embarrassment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fUJ87p9Htw&feature=player_embedded

The camera never pans up to show what (or who) is or is not strapped to the top of that car. And I did not see a "no animals were hurt in the filming of this ad" disclaimer at the end. Very distressing.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:53:09 pm by Lief »Logged

At the very least, this turn of events seems to validate my prediction that Americans are ready and willing to fully embrace fascism.
I dreamed about Lief spanking Rand Paul.
You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2012, 12:51:56 pm »
Ignore

If Romney loses Michigan after putting ads like this on, it would be a huge embarrassment:

LOL.

Was his driver on holiday or something?

Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2012, 12:54:54 pm »
Ignore

I love the top rated comments on that one.  Grin
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 14, 2012, 12:55:57 pm »
Ignore

It would be cool if Romney were driving a Volkswagen in his MI ads. Would suit him.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2012, 12:57:27 pm »
Ignore

It embarrasses me how much Romney looked like I looked when we were younger.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2012, 10:22:23 am »
Ignore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtOcrS6axnE&feature=player_embedded

yes. YES.

This reminds me of Santorum's 2006 boxing ad. Wonder if it's by the same people?

At the very least, this turn of events seems to validate my prediction that Americans are ready and willing to fully embrace fascism.
I dreamed about Lief spanking Rand Paul.
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2012, 02:48:46 pm »
Ignore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtOcrS6axnE&feature=player_embedded

yes. YES.

This reminds me of Santorum's 2006 boxing ad. Wonder if it's by the same people?

Santorum in that gun?

Likely Voter
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2012, 03:11:51 pm »
Ignore

That ad is exactly like the one he did touting his ties in NH, driving around the state
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fg3EAdGLDhU

I look forward to his "driving around my home state" ads coming up in MA, UT and CA

Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2012, 04:04:54 pm »
Ignore

Supposedly the car in Romney's "Detroit" add was made in Canada:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/15/mitt-romney-detroit_n_1279565.html

lol. 
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 16, 2012, 03:57:30 pm »
Ignore

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yspDwbi5Qdk

DNC web ad hitting Mitt on Detroit.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2012, 04:01:39 pm »
Ignore

Wonder if it's by the same people?

Of course it is.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Likely Voter
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2012, 02:28:19 pm »
Ignore

While Romney is out accusing Santorum of running a negative campaign and saying he is only running positive stuff (ignoring his SuperPac), it turns out he is running a negative anti-Santorum "contrast" ad in MI (but they never released it to the press and it isn't on their YouTube channel)

http://www.politico.com//blogs/burns-haberman/2012/02/mitt-runs-belowradar-contrast-ad-in-mich-114833.html
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:36:04 pm by Severe Voter »Logged

Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2012, 09:22:44 pm »
Ignore

People love the driving ads. We'll run a lot of them in the fall if Romney is the nominee. It shows Romney is not that different from regular folks. It shows he's not THAT rich that he doesn't drive. I doubt Steve Forbes and John Kerry have driven in decades, for example. Obviously Barack hasn't driven around America the last few years for obvious reasons, but he's also not in touch with what is happening outside of Washington, DC. That is an important contrast to make in the fall. Focusing on social issues like Rick Santorum is obviously not going to allow that contrast to happen.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:25:51 pm by Politico »Logged

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2012, 09:26:54 pm »
Ignore

People love the driving ads. We'll run a lot of them in the fall if Romney is the nominee. It shows Romney is not that different from regular folks. It shows he's not THAT rich that he doesn't drive. I doubt Steve Forbes and John Kerry have driven in decades, for example. Obviously Barack hasn't driven around America the last few years for obvious reasons, but he's also not in touch with what is happening outside of Washington, DC. That is an important contrast to make in the fall. Focusing on social issues like Rick Santorum is obviously not going to allow that contrast to happen.

Yeah, 'cos Millionaire Mitt always drives himself around.

Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2012, 10:56:35 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, 'cos Millionaire Mitt always drives himself around.

He's proven that he can and does. Hell, he always drove himself around when he worked for Bain.

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Bastiat
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: February 18, 2012, 12:37:23 am »
Ignore

The problem with the Romney driving himself ad and the Romneys doing the laundry photo-op of a week or two ago is that they are so obviously staged for the purpose showing that Mitt is something he is not.

My ballot:
Haley(R) Gov.
Sellers(D) Lt. Gov.
Hammond(R) Sec. of State
Diggs(D) Att. Gen.
Herbert(D) Comptroller Gen.
Spearman(R) Supt. of Education
DeFelice(American) Commissioner of Agriculture
Hutto(D/Working Families) US Sen (full)
Scott(R) US Sen (special)
Geddings(Labor) US House SC-2
Quinn(R) SC House District 69
TBD: Lex 1 School Board
Yes: Am. 1 (allow charity raffles)
No: Am. 2 (end election of the Adj. General)
No: Local Sales Tax
Yes: Temp Beer/Wine Permits
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 18, 2012, 10:17:53 pm »
Ignore

The problem with the Romney driving himself ad and the Romneys doing the laundry photo-op of a week or two ago is that they are so obviously staged for the purpose showing that Mitt is something he is not.

I believed Obama when he said he finds washing dishes to be therapeutic, and I believe Mitt when he says he likes to drive. If Mitt wanted to pretend he is something he is not, he would be doing stupid sh**t like this:

- Bastiat
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2012, 12:03:36 am »
Ignore

Wouldn't this photo have been more on point?

It just goes to show how badly out of touch politicians from Massachusetts are these days.

My ballot:
Haley(R) Gov.
Sellers(D) Lt. Gov.
Hammond(R) Sec. of State
Diggs(D) Att. Gen.
Erc
YaBB God
Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2012, 01:55:35 am »
Ignore

Didn't the elder Bush (or was it Barbara) not understand the concept of a checkout line or something to that effect?  Though it's not like he was trying.
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2012, 03:07:25 am »
Ignore

It just goes to show how badly out of touch politicians from Massachusetts are these days.

Well, that is the grand daddy of awful photo ops. What in god's name were they thinking? Nobody was going to buy that, at least not with that awful name tag on his helmet. I think without the tag, it could have been somewhat more forgettable. Take off his helmet altogether, and MAYBE it could have boosted his defense credentials. Maybe. I definitely think nobody would remember it, at least. That ridiculous name tag and helmet are what make that stunt so awful.

But yeah...there are many, many, many things Romney could be doing and saying if he wanted to pretend to be something he is not. Considering his upbringing in Michigan, and the fact his father was the CEO of a major automobile company, I have no doubt whatsoever that Romney does like to drive. I mean, Jay Leno is also a millionaire and he owns more cars than most people can find on their entire block. It is not unusual to obtain a passion for driving at a young age and have it your entire life no matter how wealthy you become. Romney's passion for driving is more believable than Obama when he said he finds washing dishes to be therapeutic. It is certainly far more believable than most of the nonsense Kerry pulled in 2004. And, of course, it is infinitely more believable than Dukakis' "I AM NOT A WIMP!" stunt.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:12:40 am by Politico »Logged

- Bastiat
realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 4.52

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 19, 2012, 03:09:19 am »
Ignore

Didn't the elder Bush (or was it Barbara) not understand the concept of a checkout line or something to that effect?  Though it's not like he was trying.

Bush 41 didn't understand how the scanner at the grocery store's checkout worked.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 19, 2012, 03:14:39 am »
Ignore

Didn't the elder Bush (or was it Barbara) not understand the concept of a checkout line or something to that effect?  Though it's not like he was trying.

Yeah, when GHWB ran in 1988 or 1992, I think it was 1992, his campaign went on a grocery outing, or a convention or something, for a photo op and he seemed unaware of electronic scanners. Apparently nobody told him about that change during his time in Washington.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:18:35 am by Politico »Logged

- Bastiat
Politico
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2012, 06:22:41 am »
Ignore

What the hell is Red White and Blue Fund and who is giving them money to run Rick Santorum ads?

Yes, who is really behind this charade being perpetrated on conservatives? Obviously divide and conquer is at play, and the ball was set in motion with the Red White and Blue Fund way back in the middle of December...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:24:26 am by Politico »Logged

- Bastiat
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2012, 10:50:46 am »
Ignore

What the hell is Red White and Blue Fund and who is giving them money to run Rick Santorum ads?

Yes, who is really behind this charade being perpetrated on conservatives? Obviously divide and conquer is at play, and the ball was set in motion with the Red White and Blue Fund way back in the middle of December...

Back in the middle of December, Gingrich was having a surge and in the lead and the Romney campaign was desperately in need of someone to divide and conquer the anti-Romney forces.  It would be ironic indeed if Romney supporters provided Santorum with the cash infusion he needed to win Iowa.

My ballot:
Haley(R) Gov.
Sellers(D) Lt. Gov.
Hammond(R) Sec. of State
Diggs(D) Att. Gen.
ajb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2012, 01:38:47 pm »
Ignore

Well, that is the grand daddy of awful photo ops. What in god's name were they thinking? Nobody was going to buy that, at least not with that awful name tag on his helmet. I think without the tag, it could have been somewhat more forgettable. Take off his helmet altogether, and MAYBE it could have boosted his defense credentials. Maybe. I definitely think nobody would remember it, at least. That ridiculous name tag and helmet are what make that stunt so awful.

But yeah...there are many, many, many things Romney could be doing and saying if he wanted to pretend to be something he is not. Considering his upbringing in Michigan, and the fact his father was the CEO of a major automobile company, I have no doubt whatsoever that Romney does like to drive. I mean, Jay Leno is also a millionaire and he owns more cars than most people can find on their entire block. It is not unusual to obtain a passion for driving at a young age and have it your entire life no matter how wealthy you become. Romney's passion for driving is more believable than Obama when he said he finds washing dishes to be therapeutic. It is certainly far more believable than most of the nonsense Kerry pulled in 2004. And, of course, it is infinitely more believable than Dukakis' "I AM NOT A WIMP!" stunt.

It's about bad campaign management more than anything. Dukakis had, after all, done two years in the army, in 1955-57, stationed in Korea in the aftermath of the war there. He wasn't the youngest fighter pilot in the Pacific (like Bush the Elder), but that's more of a military record than any president after 1992. The fact that nobody remembers that is a sign of the ineptness of Dukakis' campaign.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout