The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:27:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 114854 times)
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: April 11, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »

http://www.wnd.com/2012/04/obama-speeches-exactly-same-a-year-apart/
The Lie of the year... and Last year!
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #326 on: April 11, 2012, 06:17:44 PM »

It's now considered a scandal to use consistent rhetoric?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #327 on: April 11, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

No, and I thought of that, but the obvious untruthfulness makes it pretty pathetic.  If I'm forced to listen to a demagogic speech, can you change it up once a year??  Hey did Obama pass a budget through the Senate ?? ? I've been busy the last 3 years.  I may have missed it.   
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #328 on: April 11, 2012, 07:23:26 PM »

Atleast Obama can string a sentence together unlike the last guy.
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #329 on: April 12, 2012, 08:00:11 AM »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZK0spa1yI
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #330 on: April 12, 2012, 01:05:59 PM »

That's terrific.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #331 on: April 12, 2012, 08:34:20 PM »

That's a great ad! I hope the Obama campaign continues to point out Romney's habit of literally making things up and repeating them until he believes them.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #332 on: April 13, 2012, 06:15:27 PM »

Except Obama is seen "debunking" those "lies" with the same old empty rhetoric he always uses. He doesn't point to any results.

And that excess-rhetoric is probably Obama's most vulnerable characteristic--people know he's a speech-giver. I don't think that ad is the gem that the Obama camp probably thinks it is.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2012, 06:40:12 PM »

The only one that Romney 'misspoke' on was the state of the Union.  Obama didn't seriously mention the debt or deficit, but he did literally say the words.  So, in essence Romney was right about that one as well.  I'm wondering if the Obama budget works toward reducing the deficit....  What? it hasn't passed?  Not one vote? It wouldn't even if it did pass?  WOW.   
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »

The only one that Romney 'misspoke' on was the state of the Union.  Obama didn't seriously mention the debt or deficit, but he did literally say the words.  So, in essence Romney was right about that one as well.  I'm wondering if the Obama budget works toward reducing the deficit....  What? it hasn't passed?  Not one vote? It wouldn't even if it did pass?  WOW.   
Yes, and Romney wouldn't increase the deficit one bit.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2012, 06:32:13 AM »

Yes, and Romney wouldn't increase the deficit one bit.
He wouldn't (it is almost impossible to do so).  He would increase the debt (for 7-10 years probably).   
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #336 on: April 17, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2012, 01:02:48 PM »

Instead of hinting at crap, why don't Democrats just come out and say what's on their mind?

"We want Mitt Romney to release his tax returns so we can all point out how rich he is!"

Of course, they won't say that outright--if they do, it pretty much is class warfare. I just think it's so funny that they dance around their true intent. Everyone knows exactly why Romney won't release them--he doesn't want to play into Obama's distraction.

Why did it take BHO so long to release his birth certificate? Because it was a stupid, made-up issue. Same goes for this.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #338 on: April 18, 2012, 01:53:01 PM »

Why did it take BHO so long to release his birth certificate? Because it was a stupid, made-up issue. Same goes for this.

Yes, obviously, there's a reasonable comparison to be made between one of the wealthiest men ever to run for the White House being asked to release his tax returns like every other Presidential candidate in modern times to racist conspiracy theories impugning the legitimacy of the first black President.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #339 on: April 18, 2012, 02:15:25 PM »

FYI, Romney has released tax returns.  Maybe he's hiding the fact that he married a ketchup heiress and never really worked a day in his life.... O' wait, never mind. 
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #340 on: April 18, 2012, 02:25:03 PM »

FYI, Romney has released tax returns.  Maybe he's hiding the fact that he married a ketchup heiress and never really worked a day in his life.... O' wait, never mind. 

The Kerry-Romney comparison is, of course, a rather apt one.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #341 on: April 18, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »

Excepting the fact that while Romney was attending Stanford and going to rallies in support of the draft, Kerry was in Vietnam getting shot at.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: April 18, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2012, 02:53:35 PM by AmericanNation »

FYI, Romney has released tax returns.  Maybe he's hiding the fact that he married a ketchup heiress and never really worked a day in his life.... O' wait, never mind.  

Excepting the fact that while Romney was attending Stanford and going to rallies in support of the draft, Kerry was in Vietnam getting shot at.

LOL,
1) Yes, It is an apt comparison because it exposes how democrats hate people that go out into the world and become rich on their own merit vs. how they have no problem with rich democrats who inherited or married (twice) for money.  
2) Romney didn't attend Stanford (as far as I know)
3) You're kidding me, John Kerry served in Vietnam?  I had never heard that before. 
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #343 on: April 18, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »

Well, sure, Romney's a fairly despicable person. I didn't mean to slander Kerry by way of comparison, merely that, politically speaking, there's some common ground - wealthy Massachussets flip-floppers with zero charisma nominated by virtue of a terrible field and a party that went "meh". Wink

FYI, Romney has released tax returns.  Maybe he's hiding the fact that he married a ketchup heiress and never really worked a day in his life.... O' wait, never mind.  

LOL,
1) Yes, It is an apt comparison because it exposes how democrats hate people that go out into the world and become rich on their own merit vs. how they have no problem with rich democrats who inherited or married (twice) for money.  
3) You're kidding me, John Kerry served in Vietnam?  I had never heard that before. 

Yeah, which is a notable difference between John Kerry and Mitt Romney, who protested in favour of the draft while avoiding serving himself.

AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: April 18, 2012, 03:12:17 PM »

Well, sure, Romney's a fairly despicable person. I didn't mean to slander Kerry by way of comparison, merely that, politically speaking, there's some common ground - wealthy Massachussets flip-floppers with zero charisma nominated by virtue of a terrible field and a party that went "meh". Wink

LOL,

Yeah, which is a notable difference between John Kerry and Mitt Romney, who protested in favour of the draft
So? ? ?

A lot of people went to college during the Vietnam war... Romney was also married and had children as well.  I don't know what you're implying or suggesting.  He should have left college, wife, kids, and enlisted?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #345 on: April 18, 2012, 03:52:22 PM »

A lot of people went to college during the Vietnam war... Romney was also married and had children as well.  I don't know what you're implying or suggesting.  He should have left college, wife, kids, and enlisted?

Vietnam was definitely a case of a "rich man's war, poor man's fight".  Tell me, which is nobler: to do as Romney did, to argue in favor of something that would not personally affect him, or to do as Kerry did, and argue against something and yet do as his country asked of it, despite disagreeing with it.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: April 18, 2012, 04:09:25 PM »

Actually I guess he did go to Stanford for a year. 

"In May 1966, he was part of a counter-protest against a group staging a sit-in in the university administration building in opposition to draft status tests"

I think you're reading too much into a 'counter-protest.'  You can oppose the methods of a protest as much or more than the actual point of the protest.   
Unironic Merrick Garland Stan
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #347 on: April 21, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »

When is Romney making his ad buys!?! He needs to get his favorables up in the swing states before we can start the general election.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #348 on: April 22, 2012, 03:20:21 PM »

When is Romney making his ad buys!?! He needs to get his favorables up in the swing states before we can start the general election.

He needs to regain his credibility. That will be tough.

He should have run as a RINO.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #349 on: April 23, 2012, 11:39:46 AM »

He needs to regain his credibility. That will be tough.

He should have run as a RINO.

He ran as competent and he is.
He ran pointing out Obama's incompetence and Obama is indeed incompetent.  (perhaps the most likeable incompetent ever.)

...everything else is just noise. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies