The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:10:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33
Author Topic: The Official 2012 Campaign Ad Thread  (Read 114871 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 22, 2012, 02:53:59 PM »

I love the retro 90's feel of the Basketball ad!
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #401 on: May 23, 2012, 01:20:24 PM »

I also like how that Crossroads GPS ad can't even bring itself to present a legitimate reason that a swing voter might claim to have backed Obama in 2008.  "He spoke so beautifully"?  Haha

Ha, "He was a great speaker. I mean, I'm just a housewife so clearly I'm not smart enough to decide who to vote for based on policy or issues that affect me!"

I think a lot of insiders in the GOP are the ones who are misinformed. They think that all of the swing voters who voted for Obama did so just because he gave beautiful speeches? Give me a break. Suburban swing voters like this woman aren't as stupid as Karl Rove would like to think they are. But hey, if campaign charisma and inspiring oratory are all it takes to win over a voter, then Romney should have NO problem at all, right???

He also said the words Hope and Change.   That was important for some reason, but I don't know what the reason was. 

Obama got a ton of votes because Sarah Palin's qualification for VP became more important than Obama's qualification for president for some stupid reason.  ...This unfortunately was the key issue of a typical 'very-informed' independent Obama voter.           
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #402 on: May 23, 2012, 01:58:15 PM »

***FALSE EQUIVALENCY ALERT!!!!!!***
Obama and Palin both had small amounts of national political experience, but Palin was always grossly more under qualified to be VP than Obama was to be President.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #403 on: May 23, 2012, 04:04:26 PM »

Just because someone isn't familiar with the issues doesn't mean that person can't be a good executive. I trust Palin more as a decision maker than Obama.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #404 on: May 23, 2012, 04:11:22 PM »

Just because someone isn't familiar with the issues doesn't mean that person can't be a good executive. I trust Palin more as a decision maker than Obama.

Not sure if serious.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #405 on: May 23, 2012, 05:04:02 PM »

At least Palin knew how to be in charge of something.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #406 on: May 23, 2012, 06:29:39 PM »

Obama and Palin both had small amounts of national political experience, but Palin was always grossly more under qualified to be VP than Obama was to be President.

Again, lack of qualifications for VP became more important than lack of qualifications for President!!! 

People have had nearly 4 years to reflect on the stupidity of that dynamic. 
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #407 on: May 24, 2012, 02:49:09 AM »

"Sacred Trust" - Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nO7jeIOh4F0

"Personal" - Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ccnf-TDT_-s

"Stories from the Obama Economy " - Romney:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ih6I0zsyIw0
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #408 on: May 24, 2012, 03:01:58 AM »

"President Obama and the Fight for LGBT Rights":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb60nFeJsNc
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #409 on: May 24, 2012, 09:09:14 AM »

Big Bain Backfire - Romney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKYcMZFhzcc&feature=relmfu

Dems should realize that attacking a huge strength of your opponent, often doesn't work and often backfires.   
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #410 on: May 24, 2012, 01:33:21 PM »

Dems should realize that attacking a huge strength of your opponent, often doesn't work and often backfires.   

AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #411 on: May 24, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »

you will notice that the swift boat vets were the veterans that served with Kerry not the republican party.     
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #412 on: May 24, 2012, 01:42:08 PM »

LOL, whatever you want to believe bro.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #413 on: May 25, 2012, 12:42:52 AM »

Romney's Day OneČ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FExrZpvL2zs
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #414 on: May 25, 2012, 12:54:22 AM »

Romney's narrator puts you to sleep.  He should have Hulk Hogan do the voiceovers.

PRESIDENT!  ROMNEY!  STANDS UP!  TO CHINA!
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #415 on: May 25, 2012, 10:08:50 AM »

LOL, whatever you want to believe bro.
You're right, 250 Vietnam swift boat vets can be correctly characterized as "The Republican Party."
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #416 on: May 26, 2012, 12:55:12 AM »

Again, lack of qualifications for VP became more important than lack of qualifications for President!!! 

People have had nearly 4 years to reflect on the stupidity of that dynamic. 

I can guarantee you the majority of the American people are not regretting passing over Sarah Palin for VP.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2012, 04:04:45 AM »

I also guarantee the vast majority of Americans would have wildly preferred Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama, a man who had no qualifications to be President.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2012, 04:08:49 AM »

I also guarantee the vast majority of Americans would have wildly preferred Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama, a man who had no qualifications to be President.

Bro, he was a professor of constitutional law and worked in community organizing and in the US Senate. That is not 'no qualifications' (it is, admittedly, 'considerably fewer on-paper qualifications than John McCain').

You must also remember in the case of this election that the concept of electing so-called captains of industry or business whizzes President does not, in this country, exactly have an illustrious history, nor one of achieving the desired results.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #419 on: May 26, 2012, 08:13:56 AM »

Bro, he was a professor of constitutional law and worked in community organizing and in the US Senate. That is not 'no qualifications' (it is, admittedly, 'considerably fewer on-paper qualifications than John McCain').

You must also remember in the case of this election that the concept of electing so-called captains of industry or business whizzes President does not, in this country, exactly have an illustrious history, nor one of achieving the desired results.
It actually bothers me when people call a guest lecturer --a professor. 

also by the Hilary Rosen standard that resume would be correctly described as:
 "He never worked a day in his life."
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #420 on: May 26, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »

All right, lecturer. It wasn't like he just lectured once or twice though. He was there kind of a lot.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What? No it wouldn't. It clearly wouldn't. There's like twenty-five years of paid employment in there, what in God's name are you even talking about?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #421 on: May 26, 2012, 09:11:46 AM »

All right, lecturer. It wasn't like he just lectured once or twice though. He was there kind of a lot.

What? No it wouldn't. It clearly wouldn't. There's like twenty-five years of paid employment in there, what in God's name are you even talking about?
He held government office, lectured occasionally on the side, had a summer job in college...  You understand that it is easier to dismiss that "paid employment history" as not working (because most of it involved not working) than raising 5 boys right?  That is the simple concept I pointed out.  That is what I'm talking about.  Democrats hate when you apply their standards to themselves.  --I will say that candidate Obama has been part of some campaigns that required a lot of work.  That isn't "paid employment" though.           
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #422 on: May 26, 2012, 09:19:39 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2012, 09:23:03 AM by Nathan »

He held government office, lectured occasionally on the side, had a summer job in college...  You understand that it is easier to dismiss that "paid employment history" as not working (because most of it involved not working) than raising 5 boys right?  That is the simple concept I pointed out.  That is what I'm talking about.  Democrats hate when you apply their standards to themselves.  --I will say that candidate Obama has been part of some campaigns that required a lot of work.  That isn't "paid employment" though.           

Are you genuinely obtuse and unable or unwilling to look up what being a community organizer at the level that Obama was actually involves or are you knowingly regurgitating fatuous rhetoric just because you think it scores some point?

I might add that you also don't seem to understand the actual context in which Hilary Rosen (whose general relevance as a person I still do not understand) accused Ann Romney of not having work experience, but I think we as a community have been over that ad nauseam with little to no discernible effect.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #423 on: May 26, 2012, 09:26:29 AM »

He made a lot of promises and under delivered...  I don't have a lot of experience doing that, but I don't want to have that on my record.  I wouldn't list my charitable work at a women's shelter, a food pantry, a voter registration drive, or a historical society as a qualification for POTUS, but that's just me.   
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #424 on: May 26, 2012, 09:31:22 AM »

He made a lot of promises and under delivered...  I don't have a lot of experience doing that, but I don't want to have that on my record.  I wouldn't list my charitable work at a women's shelter, a food pantry, a voter registration drive, or a historical society as a qualification for POTUS, but that's just me.   

This bears, of course, little resemblance to what being a community organizer, as a career or long-term paid position of any kind, actually entails.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies